PDA

View Full Version : Fleeing enemy units.

fubukii
10-10-2006, 05:39
So it came up today while at my local gw andi found this appaling. It was a unit of empire swordsmen vs a dwarf unit, the swordsmen Broke from the dwarf unit hugging their table edge. (about 2inches away from the back edge) and the empire swordsmen ran away. Then in the next turn (fleeing troops must flee towards the nearest table edge) Fled right back into the dwarves as that was the closest table edge and ended up getting wiped out.

Now i do not think this makes any sense and i have been scouring looking for something that states differently then troops run towards the nearest table edge when avoiding enemy units, but i have seen nothing of the sort as of yet.

Shaitan
10-10-2006, 07:40
Avoiding enemy units is something from 6th edition. In 7th edition all flee and pursue moves are in a straight line.

So you did it right.. flee to the nearest table edge and if you come across an enemy unit with US 5+ the fleeing unit is destroyed.

Tutore
10-10-2006, 09:47
In 7th edition it is so. strange perhaps.

Morghat
10-10-2006, 09:48
it's strange only first but later if people had used with those rules then it looks normal allready :)

Tutore
10-10-2006, 09:58
Let's say the poor fleeing fellows are too scared to notice that in the very path to home there's a foe that ambushes them.