PDA

View Full Version : Rhinox Riders: Regular or Bull?

zodgrim
10-10-2006, 19:34
I am beginning an Ogre Kingdoms army and I was wondering which rhinox riders I should use. Should I use the Bull Rhinox Riders or the Regular Rhinox Riders?

I do like that the Bull Rhinox is stronger and causes Terror but I'm concerned about the 145pt value compared to 100pts.

Tutore
11-10-2006, 06:20
I don´t know exactly; however those are unofficial troops so beware that you won´t be allowed to use them in tournaments.

Gorbad Ironclaw
11-10-2006, 08:48
Depends very much on the tournament. Can't really make blanket statements like that...

Anyway, I'd likely go with the Bull. The extra points isn't so bad compared to what you get out of it. The ogre army is always going to be low on models, so sacrificing an ogre for a rather significanrtly more powerful Rhinox could well be worth it.

Although it also depends on how many you want to use? Even if it seems like the most popular option is the single Bull with a Banner and Warbanner.

DeathlessDraich
11-10-2006, 12:49
I've only used Regular just like my car's petrol.:p
Aren't Bull Rhinoxes Large targets?

zodgrim
11-10-2006, 15:19
Yes, bull rhinox are large targets. That concerns me a little.

I was thinking of having three regular rhinox riders and one bull rhinox with the Thunderlord. That way I can convert three of them and only have to buy one of the Forgeworld riders.

Gorbad Ironclaw
11-10-2006, 19:14
It's not so much of a problem really. Might get a bit more incoming fire, but thats something thats not killing your ogres then.

The Judge
11-10-2006, 20:27
I have a unit of three Bull Rhinox... though I'd never needed the war Banner combo, it sounds like a plan.

Winning combats by eleven is very fun.

Voltaire
11-10-2006, 21:25
"Its not the size of your weapon, its how you use it"