PDA

View Full Version : 2,500 Lizardmen

shadowghost
11-10-2006, 00:14
490 Slann 4th gen, BSB, Plaque of Dominion, Plaque of Tepok, Diadem of Power
150 Skink Priest, lvl 2, dispel scroll, power stone
156 Scar Veteran w/ BSo Sotek, Itzl, mounted on Cold One, Bane Head, light armor, shield, spear
162 Scar Veteran w/ BSo Sotek, Itzl, mounted on Cold One, Burning Blade of Chotec, light armor, shield.

270 20 Saurus Warriors w/ full command
288 16 Temple Guard w/ shields
300 5 Jungle Swarms

105 3 Teradons
90 6 Chameleon Skinks
300 6 Saurus Cavalry w/ full command and Huanchi's Blessed Totem

235 Stegadon
235 Stegadon

I usually play against brettonians, so i will put the swarms in front of my saurus. He will probably wipe them with a combined charge, but then when he overruns, i can flank with the stegadons and cavalry with the scar veterans. To ensure he comes to me, i have the bolt throwers on the stegs and the teradons and chameleon skinks to get rid of trebuchets and march block.

Lantorel
11-10-2006, 01:41
There are several things that could prove a problem with this list -

Firstly, is he new slightly revamped combat phase, where you finish off one combat, fully, including over-runs and pursue movement, BEFORE moving on to the next - as a result, some units might end up fighting in two combats.

Since this is possible, your opponent may, if you do not guard your flanks well enough, charge your saurus block with some mounted yeomen, while his lances charge your swarms - he elects to do the swarm combat first, destroys them (all the easier with the new unbreakable rules) and then smashes into your saurus - possibly taking them out as well (a reasonable possibility, if he hits them hard enough!). This leaves a gaping hole in your battle line, and lances in your flank - which is never nice.

Also, wouldnt a combined charge of peg knights and a flying paladin make life VERY hard for your stegadon, cause they're almost assured to cause a few wounds - winning combat...and testing on a 5, tho your cold blooded is still risky, isnt it?

Aside from that, the army seems very small - but i might be biased, as im collecting a skaven army, and anything less that 150 models seems tiny -_-

- Lantorel

shadowghost
11-10-2006, 02:08
Well, i haven't had a chance to go over the new rulebook that carefully, so i'll take a look at the combined charge thing. I'm not worried about the stegs though, because they should be close to the slann, so will be testing on a stubborn ld 9, rerollable, choosing the lowest two of three. If they break, i will be very surprised.
Also, i plan on using a refused flank and outshooting/magicking him. My army is small so that i only have to stay on one flank, and maybe i can bottleneck some of his larger army, thus i have to deal only with half of it, and when i have dealt with that, the rest arrives for me to destroy. Thats the plan anyway.

Wolf_Pack
11-10-2006, 02:28
Stubborn units test on thier own leadership. So 5. Otherwise, if the modifiers would give you a better leadership with the general's then you could use it.

It is nearly impossible to crumble 25 swarm wounds in a single round of combat. It will never happen.

You could trade a Steg for some salamanders. I have been on the wrong side of these guys many times before, and they can vaporise a unit in a turn if your opponent is not careful. In addition, they can back up 6 and still open fire !