PDA

View Full Version : 3k Skaven Skyre

KingNothing
11-10-2006, 02:49
Please give suggestions, this army HAS NOT been play tested under new rules. This is a very strong army Vs. Gobo armies and Chariot heavy Tomb kings. Works well Vs. Orc/Gobo mix.

Lord
Grey Seer- 235 (General) -- 530
Bell- 200
Warpstone Ammy- 25
Warpstone Charm- 25
Eye of the Horned Rat- 25
Warpstone Token x2- 20

Grey Seer- 215 -- 310
Dispel Scroll x3- 75
Token x2- 20

Hero
Chieftan- 45 -- 70
Battle Standard Bearer- 25

Warlock Engineer- 45 -- 95
Storm Daemon- 25
Dispel Scroll- 25

Core
Clan Rats x20- 100 160 -- 800
Ratling Gun- 60 x5

Jezzails x5- 100 x5 -- 500

Slaves x20- 40 x5 -- 200

Special
Warp Lignhtning Cannon -100 x5 -- 500

Rare
(None)
-------------------------------------------------
Total 3005

Optional:
Plague Monks x20
Censer Bearers x3-5
Giant Rats 2-3 Packs
Storm Vermin x20-25

Wolf_Pack
11-10-2006, 03:28
Plenty of cheese to go around in this list, but hey, they are rats !

I would use a unit of storm vermin as pushers. They get a nice 3+ save with shields in combat, and thier high WS will make your they aren't easely hit.

A tenebrous cloak would suit better the bell greyseer, shooting will be your biggest threat, and you won't loose 430 points on a 1.

A foul pendant for the battle standard bearer ?

KingNothing
11-10-2006, 03:33
Plenty of cheese to go around in this list, but hey, they are rats !

I would use a unit of storm vermin as pushers. They get a nice 3+ save with shields in combat, and thier high WS will make your they aren't easely hit.

A tenebrous cloak would suit better the bell greyseer, shooting will be your biggest threat, and you won't loose 430 points on a 1.

A foul pendant for the battle standard bearer ?

I just slapped this list together to get it on here it is not my Real play tested list but very close.

Normally i stick the bell in the Storm Vermin unit and move it up the feild to the middle, so the Warpstone ammulet would be more useful the the Cloak as it works against combat also. I am not exactally sure which seer you are refering to for the Cloak but i think i chose the correct one. The other Seer stays in the back behind the hill the cannons/Jezzials are on to help from there so no wounds on him normally.

and yes i meant to put the foul pendant on the Standard bearer.

Wolf_Pack
11-10-2006, 03:39
I wouldn't worry about the seer getting attacked in combat, he is likely to refuse a challenge and still lead from the rear.

Bal
11-10-2006, 20:44
the duo of grey seers will rock.
You can give the one on foot more protection, and then skiterleap him to a nice loaction to use pestilent breath or vermintide;)

do you need 4 dispell scrolls?
you have 7 dispell dice.... 2 scrolls would be enough i think.
especially if you are able to kill the opponent's wizards quick!

because you use 5 ratlings, i think your opponent can never kill enough of them before they do some damage:D

but this IS what most people would call a SAD.

Skitter-Squeek
11-10-2006, 21:07
Thank you for Giving poeple more reasons to complain about us Skaven players...

but yea for skyre list it is definately skyre

KingNothing
12-10-2006, 18:41
the duo of grey seers will rock.
You can give the one on foot more protection, and then skiterleap him to a nice loaction to use pestilent breath or vermintide;)

do you need 4 dispell scrolls?
you have 7 dispell dice.... 2 scrolls would be enough i think.
especially if you are able to kill the opponent's wizards quick!

because you use 5 ratlings, i think your opponent can never kill enough of them before they do some damage:D

but this IS what most people would call a SAD.

Yes the Anti-Magic is very nessecary, my Gaming club has not started gaming yet so i play the same opponents over and over again, and they play Orcs and Magic Heavy VC, so all the dispel equipment is required for me at least.

And yes it is very Ratling heavy, and when i go to 4k points i use 7 of them at 6k points 9-10, but i wanted a SAD army and it is very effective at what it does.

This army list just has one downfall, Panic. As stated above not been tested under new rules so may have gotten better, but my armies are very jezzail heavy, and since they do not have ranks they dont get that leadership bonus, so it is over if your opponent makes half your side of the board run with 5 kills.

skavenguy13
12-10-2006, 21:34
Ok...where to begin?

Grey Seers are independant, not Skryre. Engineers are. So it would make more sense to swap a grey seer for an engineer or two.

Having many clanrats units is good, but your units will be weak and support-less. At 3K, I think 5 units of 25 should suffice, you could go up to 30 per unit. At least 3 should have full command IMO.

Take that many ratling guns and you'll be screamed at, or people will refuse to play against you. I suggest you take 2 ratling guns and 1 WFT. I STRONGLY suggest you stop at 2 ratling guns.

With all those leftover points, you should buy many slaves. Most likely Skryre has lots of them. 3-4 units of 20-25 naked slaves are cheap and very useful. You may consider shields for some of them if you have leftover points.

I think 5 cannons is way over the top. I say take a max of 3, but I suggest to take only 2. They most likely won't have many lone characters to target anyway. With those removed cannons, I suggest buying many globadiers (10-25). They are Skryre troops to you know!

As strange as this might sound, I actually suggest you take a bit more jezzails. You should have many points for that anyway with one less seer and less points in clanrats. In a 3K Skryre army, I think 30-35 should be very good. I am not sure if you should make big units or small units though.

If you still have a few hundred points left, then some stormermins would be good. A unit of 30 with the umbranner should do the trick! You might want to put a cheap chieftain in there too. (great weapon, shield, heavy armor)

Also, one thing you can do if you don't have enough points for the stormvermins is a team of 5 tunnelers with poison daggers. Yes they are Eshin, but every clan buys their skills from time to time. They could excel at taking out small archer units that want to kill your raling guns, or simply go hunt warmachins.

Gekiganger
13-10-2006, 16:19
Thank you for Giving poeple more reasons to complain about us Skaven players...

but yea for skyre list it is definately skyre

My ****. Greyseers are non skyre related, plus fluffwise what are the chances that 2 greyseers are going to be assigned to 1 army?

This list made me vomit and my nails elongated and ripped into my eyes.

Consider removing some cheese and getting some more fun stuff (Warpfire, Globers (very skyre list, all the 'l33t' units like jezzails and magic spam but no Globardiers the Skyre-ness amazes me) and some rat ogres etc

Like Skavenguy said, tunneling teams/Gutter runners are useful for taking out enemy weapons and throwing pointy things at people.

KingNothing
16-10-2006, 02:54
i have a hatred for globadiers i have had bad experiences with them.

Engineers are almost usless under new rules as they have no casting ability stock.

WRC are not just for characters they work well for droping troops in many units at a time.

if someone doesn't like my ratlings he can get over it because i rarely get to fire more than 3.

But yes this list does need a little revising. it is not a perfect one.

Unwise
17-10-2006, 07:19
Why would anyone let you take a Skryre list? This list is the epitome of what most people complain about with skaven.

This list requires opponents consent. That is the first and most likely final obstacle. Saying "hey guys, the official rules don't let me take enough shooty death..." probably won't go down well.

Secondly, this list allows you to take Warlock Masters who can cast Warp Lightning as 3D6 Str 5 hits. They are great and fluffy for skryre, greyseers are not. You seem to want to kill any enemy at range before they close, so engineers are unreal for this. They only have one spell, but it is a damn good one.

I really don't understand what you are saying engineers not being good in this edition. Also, see my post about skaven and power-dice. Other guys can use the power-generators power-dice.

DeathlessDraich
17-10-2006, 08:56
1) I've played with 5 Ratling guns in a 2000 pt army! It wasn't a game as such but a discussion between my opponent and myself as to how to defeat an extreme SAD army which we just about managed. If it is going to be SAD then go all the way, unless your opponents object. I'm astounded by players who whine about so called 'cheesy' armies which are perfectly legal. I willingly play against any of them but then again I also willingly accept being massacred!:p

2) A Warlord is a better choice as your general. Your max. Ld will be 10, high enough to face the VCs and fear causers. A character choice of Warlord, Greyseer, BSB and 2 Engineers or just 3 Engineers is more effective.

3) Don't be too dismissive of Globadiers. I used 6 against a Tyrant once and inflicted so many wounds, it hid for the rest of the battle!:p They're also extremely useful against heavy cavalry. They'll be your only skirmisher unit. If you definitely don't want them, then more Jezzails would help and include some Night/Gutter runners as your skirmishers. 2 units of 10-15 Jezzails or 3 units if you have enough Special slots.

4) Skavenguy's advice on Warplightning Cannons and core choices is very sound. 2 is more than enough. Tunnelers are a must - a unit of 6-8 or 2 units would be better.

5) If you can include, StormVermin then do so. They'll be your only strong hitters in combat. If you omit them, then make sure you have more combat units than your opponents as you'll have to rely on a double charge to win.

Unwise
17-10-2006, 23:39
With this many ratling guns it can be fun to get a big unit of stormvermin and kit them out with the Umbral Banner.

You can then unload your ratling guns into any fight this unit is in and they will get a 3+ (could be 4+) ward save for the shots that hit them. Means you can blast away with relative (for skaven) impunity.

Astragoth
18-10-2006, 01:37
:cheese: :cheese: :cheese:

Annoying, You'd have to pay me to game against it.
Its everything I hate about Skaven, get a real army.:rolleyes:

KingNothing
18-10-2006, 18:30
normally i field multiple units of 5 because that gives me more freedom when shooting and picking targets. i also didnt realise that the supercharged condensor counted as communitive so that makes them a little better, but you also cant take a warlord in a skyre list, just grey seers and master engineers, but next time i play i will use some suggestions on here.

Gekiganger
18-10-2006, 18:40
i have a hatred for globadiers i have had bad experiences with them.
Engineers are almost usless under new rules as they have no casting ability stock.

WRC are not just for characters they work well for droping troops in many units at a time.

if someone doesn't like my ratlings he can get over it because i rarely get to fire more than 3.

But yes this list does need a little revising. it is not a perfect one.

Right... so... You take a Skyre list but refuse to use a characterful units (The one unit in a skyre army that can outnumber the mainstay) and instead choose to take just the units that cause maximum damage?

My oppinion of the list has managed to reach an all new low. I'm going to go and be sick on some babies.

KingNothing
18-10-2006, 19:01
the few times i have taken them i feild them in numbers of 5 and they get run over or never make it to where they are intended to go.

Freak Ona Leash
18-10-2006, 20:02
the few times i have taken them i feild them in numbers of 5 and they get run over or never make it to where they are intended to go.
So, the obvious solution is to take them in bigger units...

Skitter-Squeek
19-10-2006, 18:40
I HOPE mY dislike for this list was apparent enough on my first post but if it wasn't I will state more obviously... It is pure crap.

Second Warlock Engineers are no where Near Worthless...

third How long have you played warhammer and by chance how old are you? and how old are the players your playing with?

and 4th Seriously that list is utter crap

Skitter-Squeek

KingNothing
19-10-2006, 20:11
I HOPE mY dislike for this list was apparent enough on my first post but if it wasn't I will state more obviously... It is pure crap.

Second Warlock Engineers are no where Near Worthless...

third How long have you played warhammer and by chance how old are you? and how old are the players your playing with?

and 4th Seriously that list is utter crap

Skitter-Squeek

1. that is your opinion
2.Normally i feild them stock or with very little upgrades so they dont do alot.
3.played about 3-4 years, im 16, most ppl i play are 15-28

skavenguy13
19-10-2006, 21:22
1: without AT LEAST globadiers, it's a fact.

2: try them tooled up. They truly are very good! You don't have to use many magic items if you don't wan to, but just cast warp-lighting at 3 dice is way worth the 80-or-so points.

3: ...

4: Seriously, for a supposedly themed army, it IS crap right now.

KingNothing
20-10-2006, 02:26
if you all keep bashing my list, yo upost some of your own cause i wanna see what yo would feild.