PDA

View Full Version : Regarding the Troll models.

TWOrcGobbo
11-10-2006, 05:05
I'm considering adding trolls to my army, but I dont really like any of the troll models available. My question is would I be able to substitute the LOTR trolls? Just the models I'm speaking of. And give them the stats of the Warhammer trolls. Or wouldnt this be allowed? And I suppose secondly that also depends on my opponents thoughts on the matter.

Griefbringer
11-10-2006, 07:02
If it looks like a troll (and LotR trolls do) and you put it on a square base of proper size (40x40mm), I think most gamers would be perfectly happy with it, especially if you mention at the beginning of the game that they are trolls to make sure that there are no misunderstandings (eg. your opponent thinking that they are ogres).

Playing in an official GW store might bring in some troubles though, unless the conditions of their LotR license have changed (they were required to prevent mixing of LotR range with their existing ranges in their publications and stores).

Sherlocko
11-10-2006, 07:17
I have just purchased LoTR trolls and will use them as chaos trolls. Just beware, they are huge compared to normal WHFB trolls.

Revlid
11-10-2006, 07:28
I'm holding out for the new (plastic?) trolls. They look like a beautiful crossbreed between the current trolls and LotR trolls.
Good old Moulder gene-splicing... ;)

In any case, I think the agreement-thingy might have expired, since you can now order seperate LotR bitz off the Online Store.

Phoenix12
13-10-2006, 02:02
Im not sure if the rule is the same but in the Grand Tournies they stated it just had to be a citadel model or using parts from the line...
Just my 2 cents

vampires are cool!
13-10-2006, 13:49
hell, their trolls!
trolls are supposed to be big and strong and both models look it. as long as you put it on the right base then it'll be alright.
the only trouble i've ever had with proxy models is when i said, "sure, you can use that snotling swarm to represent archaon!"