PDA

View Full Version : Dawn of War Mods

Kamin_Majere
29-06-2005, 14:23
Ok so i feel stupid, but how exactly do i get the mods to work on DoW. After i've downloaded then what folder do i put them in so it will work?

Also anyone have a good site to go to to get them?

Nautilus
29-06-2005, 19:44
And while we are here, is there a handy step by step guide for new banners and icons too?
Cheers

Kargos Bloodspit
29-06-2005, 20:18
Ok so i feel stupid, but how exactly do i get the mods to work on DoW. After i've downloaded then what folder do i put them in so it will work?

Also anyone have a good site to go to to get them?

any DOW mods will not work with the latest Dawn of War version. They will work when the owners of said mods re-do them with the new mod tools when they're provided.

And while we are here, is there a handy step by step guide for new banners and icons too?
Cheers

pretty simple this. Just follow these instructions more or less:
http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=29879

Kamin_Majere
01-07-2005, 23:09
I dont have the newest version. I havent updated since the like 2nd update was released. I just kinda want to know how to get them to work. I dont really know what folder of the proggie that the mods need to go in

Kargos Bloodspit
01-07-2005, 23:42
I dont have the newest version. I havent updated since the like 2nd update was released. I just kinda want to know how to get them to work. I dont really know what folder of the proggie that the mods need to go in

most of the mods have installation things that put them in correctly. Which mods in particular are you trying to use? The daemonhunter one instantly patches in.

Kamin_Majere
02-07-2005, 06:51
ah... hrm wonder why its not working. I tried the Deamon/witch hunter one and the legion of the damned and a few more.

None seemed to load and i cant figure where to put them. I've not updated my DoW since like the second one came out like months ago.

Also any one know if there is a Harlequin Mod? THat would be nice

Kargos Bloodspit
02-07-2005, 11:26
ah... hrm wonder why its not working. I tried the Deamon/witch hunter one and the legion of the damned and a few more.

None seemed to load and i cant figure where to put them. I've not updated my DoW since like the second one came out like months ago.

Also any one know if there is a Harlequin Mod? THat would be nice

ah, when you've installed the mods, are you still clicking on the usual DOW icon?

Try clicking on the ones the mods install.

Icewalker
02-07-2005, 22:45
Speaking of DoW, is there a Map editor for it yet?

Kargos Bloodspit
02-07-2005, 22:46
Speaking of DoW, is there a Map editor for it yet?

Yeah, thats been out for ages....

granted, it takes up ALOT of ram. Even on my 512mb ram computer it takes up a lot of process and makes the computer lag.