PDA

View Full Version : Full Thrust, sell it to me

Radical Inquisitor
11-10-2006, 22:23
I play BFG, as well as almost every other GW game. I recently heard about Full Throttle and it seemed that it fixed many of the problems of BFG, however I like most BFG rules and would probably try to combine the two rules sets (the group that I play with is very fond of OGL).
So tell me if it is worth the effort, plus what the game is like and how much a fleet would cost (just in case I decide to go that rout), plus tell me what you think of the models.

beardstache
12-10-2006, 02:10
Are you refering to full thrust?

Radical Inquisitor
12-10-2006, 21:04
yes, sorry I really am not stupid (honest) but it was very late last night that I posted.

Montford981
14-10-2006, 13:55
I really enjoy Full Thrust. The shipbuilding rules are straightforward and I really like using the vectored thrust rules ( as opposed to cinematic movement, but you can do either as long as all players are using the same rules). You can use the official miniatures or any other miniatures you like for your custom ships. I bought a bunch of Klingon miniatures (meant for SFB) and built a custom fleet.

The game is afoot
15-10-2006, 21:20
You can use your BFG models so you don't have to shell out for new ones if you don't want to.
It's cheap to buy the rules and FT has picked up best Space Fleet game for the last 5 years in a row.

FlyingViking
15-10-2006, 22:48
I really like using the vectored thrust rules ( as opposed to cinematic movement, but you can do either as long as all players are using the same rules).
Nah, it's more fun to have one race use vector thrust and another use cinematic movement. The less technically advanced use VT, of course.
Actually, that's what the first version of the Babylon Project RPG did for its ship combat rules, which were written by (or licensed from) the author of FT IIRC.
It was quite cool to see Minbari ships zipping around EA ships, and basically toasting them to hell and back.
FT is a good, simple, flexible game. With alien spaceships that look like male genitalia (made my wife laugh out loud in the game store when I showed her the book). But you can fit any spaceships into the game. I'm sure there are plenty of resources for doing that on t'internet. Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Star Trek, B5 etc etc.

Oh, and you can now officially download all the FT books for free, from GZG!
http://www.gtns.co.uk/store1/commerce.cgi?page=downloads.html