PDA

View Full Version : Grav Packs

Gondorian
12-10-2006, 23:27
How do they work?
Are the jet packs? Do they use anti-gravity?
Could you use one to fly into the air or are they similar to parachutes in that they only go down?

unknownps
13-10-2006, 00:11
the guard versions used in the gaunts ghost novels are anti-grav and go up and down, and are used to slow decent i would presume that there is an opertional ceiling where they cease to function effectivly enough to continue going up

Kage2020
13-10-2006, 01:30
This is one of those points that, as above, you just have to select how you want it to work. You can find examples of 'fluff' to support numerous interpretations.

Kage

Inq. Veltane
13-10-2006, 02:18
the guard versions used in the gaunts ghost novels are anti-grav and go up and down, and are used to slow decent i would presume that there is an opertional ceiling where they cease to function effectivly enough to continue going up

Although arguably the higher you go up the less gravity there is acting on you and so the easier it is to counter it and go higher?

Edit: although antigrav alone shouldn't be enough to cause vertical movement, persumably some form of propulsion is also required (like the sets used in Guns of Tanith) if you want to do more than merely counter gravity. A pure antigrav unit would function more like a parachute than anything else...I'd suggest that those used in guns of Tanith are better described as hybrid jump packs than (anti)grav packs.