PDA

View Full Version : Lizardmen 2K

infernus31
12-10-2006, 23:33
Hey all I normally play a slaan based army, but having tried a carnosaur out a 3000 I'm tempted to see how well that will fare instead of a slaan, I come up against all sorts but mainly vamps, tomb kings, bretts, high elves and ogres...

Oldblood
Spawnings of Tepok, Quetzl and Itzl
Blade of Realities
Aura of Quetzl
Enchanted shield
Rides a Carnosaur

Saurus Scar Veteran
Charm of the Jaguar Warrior
Sword of might
Spawnings of Tlazcotl and Tepok

Saurus Scar Veteran
Army Standard Bearer
Light Armour
Rides a Cold One
War Banner
* Joins a unit of saurus warriors

15 Saurii Full Command

15 Saurii Full Command

10 skinks - javelins and shields

10 skinks Javelins and shield

10 skinks Blowpipes and scout

3 Kroxigor

3 Kroxigor

Stegadon

thoughts? I know its really magic light but the sheer speed and combat ability backed up by annoying skinks I hope will do well. Plus the dino tag team of a stegadon and carnosaur just begs to be tried out :angel:

Wolf_Pack
13-10-2006, 02:56
I assume the BSB as Itzl and Tepok ?

I would add some terradons to the mix. With mages sticking like glue to units, you'll have plenty of opportunities to benefit from the hit and run rule.

What's the reasoning behind the blade of realities ? it is only useful against a handful of armies or situations.

shadowghost
13-10-2006, 03:47
Some terradons would go a long way for mage hunting, and if you come against a light magic army, they can still march block and take on skirmish units and such. TO make room for the terradons, you could get rid of one of the kroxigor units. You have enough heavy hitters without them. I recently tried out a stegadon, and have found it to be an incredible unit, so good choice there. Between the steg, the carnosaur, and one unit of kroxigors, you should be able to crush everything. Just let them hit the wall of saurus, and then countercharge on your turn.

infernus31
13-10-2006, 22:28
i think i may get rid of a unit of skinks and some magic items for terradons, 2 units of kroxigor is just fun to play with!

ardude
14-10-2006, 10:08
Hey all I normally play a slaan based army, but having tried a carnosaur out a 3000 I'm tempted to see how well that will fare instead of a slaan, I come up against all sorts but mainly vamps, tomb kings, bretts, high elves and ogres...

Oldblood
Spawnings of Tepok, Quetzl and Itzl
Blade of Realities
Aura of Quetzl
Enchanted shield
Rides a Carnosaur

know it sucks but that combo cost 105 pts, I'm also disappointed that I can't field my oldblood that way :(

Saurus Scar Veteran
Charm of the Jaguar Warrior
Sword of might
Spawnings of Tlazcotl and Tepok

sword of might??!! just give him a great weapon, he's the one to charge!
and if you really want magical attacks give him venom fot he firefly frog
( why tlazcotl LD8 on the lowest of 3 dice! tepok would be better)

Saurus Scar Veteran
Army Standard Bearer
Light Armour
Rides a Cold One
War Banner
* Joins a unit of saurus warriors
(mark of tepok or quetzl? if none free some points to get him one)

the rest looks fine
:)

infernus31
16-10-2006, 21:20
know it sucks but that combo cost 105 pts, I'm also disappointed that I can't field my oldblood that way

spawnings dont count to the magic level last time i checked, so i have only taken 85 pts of magic

sword of might??!! just give him a great weapon, he's the one to charge!
and if you really want magical attacks give him venom fot he firefly frog
( why tlazcotl LD8 on the lowest of 3 dice! tepok would be better)

I like him to take out banshees and venom of the firefly frog is enchanted same as jaguar charm so cant take both, Tlazcotl is to ensure he wont autobreak from combat

(mark of tepok or quetzl? if none free some points to get him one)

i forgot that bsbs can get spawnings probably drop some skinks and get both and might still get terradons not sure yet tho

ardude
17-10-2006, 13:13
woeps, didn't ahd much time so read it fast, fought you ment blade of revered tzunki.
k venom is out, but don't all eitherial creatures ( except maby a wraith) have T3?
so I think the burning blade of chotec would be better as he then also can charge cafalry, tlazcotl is indeed better ( my bad)