PDA

View Full Version : Khorne 2000 points

Freak Ona Leash
13-10-2006, 00:32
Despite freaks inability to finish an army besides Stunties, he has decided to try another project: Khorne. The army plays very differently from his Dwarfs, and he also likes the color scheme (being moderatly color-blind, red, brass and black are all easy fro Freak to see, compared to say green and red together) So here it goes, critisize as needed.

Warband of The Immaculate Host:

Characters:

Kardos Aqshyash Phaos’y: Chaos Lord, Mark of Khorne, Axe of Khorne, Enchanted shield, Gaze Of The Gods. 315 points

Hrafn Skulltaker: Aspiring Champion, Battle Standard Bearer, Mark of Chaos Undivided, Banner Of The Gods. 230 points

Core:

Chaos Warriors of Khorne: 16 Warriors, Shields, Mark of Khorne, Full Command. 315 points

Chaos Warriors of Khorne: 16 Warriors, Additional Hand Weapon, Full Command, Mark of Khorne, Banner of Rage. 397 points.

Marauders of Chaos: 24 Marauders, Light Armor and Shield, Full Command. 193 points.

Marauders of Chaos: 24 Marauders, Light Armor and Shield, Standard Bearer. 177 points.

Chosen Knights of Khorne: 5 Chosen Knights, Mark Of Khorne, Champion, Standard Bearer, Mark of Khorne. 310 points.

Warhounds: 5 Hounds. 30 points.

Warhounds: 5 Hounds. 30 points.

Total Points: 1997 points.

Warhounds screen LOS of dual hand weapon unit(Kardos goes there) and Chosen Knights, so nasty peopel dont try those "Get the Khornates to charge into the woods" things. Marauders attempt to be an anvil, or flank ,while the Warriors and Knights go "KHORNE SMASH SKULL RAWR!" on things. Seems simple enough, even for Freak's limited mind.

Wolf_Pack
13-10-2006, 03:03
Why do you use the banner of the gods ? It only works for undivided units IIRC.

Why units of 16 ? 5x3 and an extra meat ? Seventh edition requires 5 models for a rank. Same for marauders. Try 25.

I have a hard time justifying the chosen upgrade for khornate knights. They already have 2 attacks. They usually don't need an extra 5 attacks, especially now that the mounts are also frenzied !

If you drop the upgrade, a unit of furies would complement your army well.

linningcafro
13-10-2006, 05:09
this sort of list really does require another 2x5 hounds, and some furies .. u could pay for this by dropping the BoG off the bsb ..

Freak Ona Leash
13-10-2006, 10:00
Why do you use the banner of the gods ? It only works for undivided units IIRC.

Why units of 16 ? 5x3 and an extra meat ? Seventh edition requires 5 models for a rank. Same for marauders. Try 25.

I have a hard time justifying the chosen upgrade for khornate knights. They already have 2 attacks. They usually don't need an extra 5 attacks, especially now that the mounts are also frenzied !

If you drop the upgrade, a unit of furies would complement your army well.
Banner of the Gods works on all non-daemonic units, but you need to have MoCU to bear it, hence why my BSB is Undivided, unless there is some FAQ out there Freak doesnt know about. And the 16 and 24 things, I know about the 7th ed. rules, its just a bit of me playing for the background. Eight is the sacred number of Khorne, and so I thought units in multiples of eight would be an nice little nod to the background. And on the chosen thing, everyoe told Freak Chosen was the best thing you could do for your army, but even Freak was a little wary of spending 45 points on single model. I may take the Chosen off like you stated, and use the points to get another two units of hounds.

EDIT: Im not getting Furies either. If I wanted some daemons, Id grab Khornate ones. And guess what? I dont want any daemons.

Wolf_Pack
13-10-2006, 15:53
Ok, cheesy use of the banner of the gods :)

Perhaps a small beast herd or 2? They will be invaluable with the new crossfire rule, you can speed then around flanks and rear, they move a healthy 5-10 inches.

Gekiganger
13-10-2006, 16:10
And the 16 and 24 things, I know about the 7th ed. rules, its just a bit of me playing for the background. Eight is the sacred number of Khorne, and so I thought units in multiples of eight would be an nice little nod to the background.

Indeed, 24 works in ranks of 6 anyway, 16 will be a funny shape but nothing that's going to make people scream and their fingers turn inside out.

Don't see how BoG is that cheesey really. The basis for that argument seems to be that it's in a Khorne army, ergo, it must be because it benefits his Khorne units greatly. I don't think it's going to make that much of a difference bar with the marauders and they can't take Khorne marks so it's not that bad (although banner of wrath/rage is more useful IMO)

Lord Steven
13-10-2006, 16:12
I'd consider an Exalted Champion of Khorne in with 18 marauders and an aspiring BSB and full command.

Then two units of 14 (7 x 2) Khorne warriors with no command with shields and great weapens.

Two units of 4 Khorne knights with no command.

Then you need some fast cavalry - preferably a unit or two of marauder horsemen with flails and musicians.

Beast herds for screening the infantry and a couple of units of hounds for screening the knights.

Look into getting a khorne chariot to support the marauder unit.

Also, look at some of the beast units that can take the mark of Khorne. Some medium cavalry might be cool. Also, a unit of dragon ogres can be fun.

With the list you posted above I feel you would be outdeployed, outmanoeuvred and shot to pieces by some armies before you get to lay the slapdown - which is never fun.

BTW, I think not taking furies is a mistake. I'd make one exception to the no daemons rule in their case.

Freak Ona Leash
13-10-2006, 19:37
I'd consider an Exalted Champion of Khorne in with 18 marauders and an aspiring BSB and full command.

Then two units of 14 (7 x 2) Khorne warriors with no command with shields and great weapens.

Two units of 4 Khorne knights with no command.

Then you need some fast cavalry - preferably a unit or two of marauder horsemen with flails and musicians.

Beast herds for screening the infantry and a couple of units of hounds for screening the knights.

Look into getting a khorne chariot to support the marauder unit.

Also, look at some of the beast units that can take the mark of Khorne. Some medium cavalry might be cool. Also, a unit of dragon ogres can be fun.

With the list you posted above I feel you would be outdeployed, outmanoeuvred and shot to pieces by some armies before you get to lay the slapdown - which is never fun.

BTW, I think not taking furies is a mistake. I'd make one exception to the no daemons rule in their case.
Dragon Ogres, or perhaps Minotaurs even, are something Freak will look into. Perhaps take the Knights out all together, never really got how you fit Heavy Cav on a Norse Longship. Marauder cav maybe, but even then...but to your other suggestions. Since this a Norse-themed list, Im not taking Chariots. Hell, Freak is even thinking of taking the knights out, sure thye hit hard but a unit of Khornbulls or Dragon Ogres could hit almost as hard. And for less points. And Freak is especially not taking a Khorne chariot. Khorne is known around Freaks local gaming area as "the god of War, blood and chariots who run into the woods." And two units of 14 Warriors with no command and sheilds and great weapons...why? A standard and musician at least, with their low numbers and only one rank bonus, they have a hard enough time winning fights as it is. With what you suggest, I would still be shot to pieces, with the whole MSU thing going, no large units of Marauders that can soak up damage (18 marauders and two characters does not take a cannon ball to the face well.) But, the Minotaurs/Dragon Ogres will be looked into. :D

Ok, cheesy use of the banner of the gods
So, my marauders, who have no mark anyways, are not allowed to be stubborn? I fail to se how giving one character a point sink banner that makes my units in 6" around him stubborn (and break test rerollable, but all BSBS do that anyways) cheesy. Oh, wow out of all the cheesy things in the wrold, potentially having two 16-strong frenized Chaos Warrior units who are also stubborn is the worst. Yep, that sure is it...

EDIT: Lots of Warhounds too, so they can take said cannon-balls in the face.