PDA

View Full Version : Tomb King Bow and Skull Line... (2k)

Cloud Strife
13-10-2006, 16:30
Naff title, but what you going to do...

Well as said in post about Bretonnia I'm looking to go for a new army and Tomb Kings are one of the armies I'm thinking on and just wondering what people's opinion on this army is and any advice for changing it, although I will admit I'm trying to use as much of the batallion as possible, given that this can be built from 2 batallions with metal add-ons.

2,000 Points Tomb Kings Army

Characters

Liche High Priest (Hierophant), Collar of Shapesh, Cloak of the Dunes, Hieratic Jar, Dispel Scroll = 340

Tomb Prince, Great Weapon, Shield, Light Armour, Brooch of the Great Desert = 133

Liche Priest, Staff of Ravening = 160

Core

19 Skeleton Warriors, Shields, Light Armour, Musician, Standard Bearer, Champion = 196
(Tomb Prince joins this unit)

15 Skeleton Warriors, Musician, Standard Bearer, Champion = 145

15 Skeleton Warriors, Musician, Standard Bearer, Champion = 145

5 Skeleton Heavy Horsemen, Musician, Standard Bearer, Champion = 115

5 Skeleton Heavy Horsemen, Musician, Standard Bearer, Champion = 115

Special

3 Chariots, Musician = 130

3 Chariots, Musician = 130

Tomb Scorpion = 85

Tomb Scorpion = 85

Rare Unit

Screaming Skull Catapult, Skulls of the Foe = 110

Screaming Skull Catapult, Skulls of the Foe = 110

Army Total = 1999

As I say in the title, it is supposed to deliver a decent amount of firepower, including a fair amount of magically aided firepower, before being able to still be quite solid in combat, with Horsemen and Chariots for good flank support.

Was tempted to run this with a Tomb King, but have been convinced to go for the High Liche, especially as I didn't want to have to add in any more characters.

So any advice on this army would be great seeing as how I'm still undecided on what to do next for Fantasy.