PDA

View Full Version : Sacred Host Cost

Kadrium
14-10-2006, 05:49
When taking sacred hosts, my friend is contending that since the sacred host rules as listed on the website do not require you to pay for the spawning that is applied to core units such as lizardmen. I believe that since the rules say "with the following amendments" and then do not ammend the point cost for core units, that you must still pay full points for the spawnings to be applied to any core units, and just pay reduced cost for characters and skinks. Is this correct?

Link to sacred host rules is here. (http://uk.games-workshop.com/lizardmen/sacred-spawnings/1/)

Click on a spawning at the bottom to see it's full ruleset.

superczhunk
14-10-2006, 06:05
All the costs are the same as the ones in the book. The only reason they mention any points costs in the Host rules is because skinks don't normally have access to all the spawning marks. All the hosts are fun and I've tried each rules set...it makes the lizardmen more versatile and interesting if only a bit more expensive.

Griefbringer
14-10-2006, 08:10
If the spawnings would be free, it would be mentioned - as it is, they have to be taken but you also have to pay the normal cost for them.

Goq Gar
14-10-2006, 15:54
Another sacred host Q:

The sacred host of Tzunki states that all skink skirmishers and characters must take the mark of tzunki, +1 I, and Aquatic. Skink skirmishers are already aquatic. Would there be any additional bonuses for having two "aquatic" abilities? (Other than: Could swim the channel in about three seconds)

Falkman
14-10-2006, 18:46
No additional bonus, just as you say, he's one hell of a swimmer.

Revlid
15-10-2006, 15:05
+1I, that's it. Waste of points really, unless the enemy inexplicably uses Pit of Shades of them.