PDA

View Full Version : my missing legion fluff

hellfire
15-10-2006, 14:58
I decided to write some fluff for my chapter but rather than the normal they were a chapter from blah blah blah I decided to make them into a missing legion

c & c are welcome

The story:
The angels of terror were the first of the space marine legions created by the emperor. When the other primarchs were taken one remained, Damocles. When the emperor found that his precious sons had been taken he was distraught until he found Damocles seemingly intact and unharmed, but the daemon had special plans for him…

Damocles was the first of the space marine primarchs. For a reason known only to the foul denizens of the warp Damocles had been left when the other Primarchs were taken. Upon finding that his sons had been taken the emperor was distraught but on finding one of his sons remained the emperor rejoiced and swore to train Damocles personally in the arts of war, politics and most importantly how to control his formidable psychic powers. For the next sixteen years Damocles went everywhere with the emperor learning all the skills he would need to command his Legion. Upon attaining the age of sixteen (The age of manhood on Terra) Damocles was given his space marine legion. Drawn From Humanities Finest Warriors Damocles Legion was 25,000 strong equipped with many suits of power armor and almost 1,000 suits of the rare aegis armor in both its powered and terminator form.

as soon as he had his legion damocles began his crusade using a brief respite in the warp storms surrounding terra to launch his ships. Damocles began fighting from holy terra towards the galactic west. his crusade was incredibly succseful conquerinq a score of worlds before reaching the ancient system of terraxus V. The first two worlds of the terraxus system (terraxus 1 & 2) gave into the will of the emperor without a fight but the third world refused to give up. For reasons that the can only be guessed at Damocles decided he needed the full force of his legion to conquer what was little more than a backwater agri-world so his ships waited in orbit for two months waiting for the rest of the legion to come to his aid. when his full legion arrived damocles commenced the attack teleporting the entirety of his first company (1,000 men) to secure a landing zone. as soon as the first company was on the ground something terrible that would change the furture of the imperium happened Andronicus, Damocles second in command rebelled showing his true allegiance, to the god Tzeentch with him came the entirety of the legion excepting the third company the first company (who were on the planet and could not be of aid) and half the seventh company. Andronicus' attack came swiftly activating the mmassive weapon bays of his ship (the emeperor class ship Dominus Maxima) he fired all his weapon systems on the flagship of the third company (which was carrying roughly half the third company). The third companys ship was crippled beyond all repair and already in low orbit to perform a drop pod strike the ship lost all control and spirraled into the atmospehere of terraxus 3. In an explosion that could be seen from terraxus 1 & 2 the third companys ships stoc of cyclonic torpedos detonated burning away all life on the planet below. The loyalist part of the seventh company commanded by the skilled young librarian aradiel saw this destruction and realized against such overwhelming odds the only hope they had was in extracting damocles from the flagship where his honor guard and the 5th company rezided.

I'll write more later

hmm... 300 posts

Some guy (UK)
15-10-2006, 17:12
The thing I don't like about this is that it messes around with fluff that has been in place for ages. Horus was the first to be found, and the so the Emperor treated him like a son, gave all the things he did etc.

Sure, keep things as they are, but change him to the primarch that was found fifth or sixth etc.

Later, Some Guy

Daemonslave
15-10-2006, 17:18
The thing I don't like about this is that it messes around with fluff that has been in place for ages. Horus was the first to be found, and the so the Emperor treated him like a son, gave all the things he did etc.

Sure, keep things as they are, but change him to the primarch that was found fifth or sixth etc.

Later, Some Guy

Actually according to the fluff from Index Astartes Horus was believed to be the first found. It never states it explicitly.;)

Simsandwich
15-10-2006, 17:30
Dark Angels were the first legion.
Its why they were a bit stuck-up during the 31st Millenium.
And 25,000?
Isn't that, a bit much?

Daemonslave
15-10-2006, 19:04
Dark Angels were the first legion.
Its why they were a bit stuck-up during the 31st Millenium.
And 25,000?
Isn't that, a bit much?

They were indeed the first legion created. Perhaps they existed as a small group (who would all be killed or mind wiped following the missing legion/primarchs disappearence) until El'Johnson was found, allowing the Angels of Terror to be the main legion at that time.

As for the 25,000 being a bit much, the Luna Wolves/Sons of Horus have at least 28,000 at the time of his betrayal, so why not.

Simsandwich
15-10-2006, 19:22
28,000 at the end.
But not at the beginning.

hellfire
16-10-2006, 00:51
I agree 2,500 seems a bit large but its the only way to rationalize the chapters present 41st millenium stuff

as for horus being the first primarch found I see no problem with this damocles wasn't "found" because he was never taken away in the same regard his legion wasn't the 13th or the second it was a completley diffrent one a 21st legon really