PDA

View Full Version : Possible GT 2250 army O&G

woytek
15-10-2006, 17:13
2250 Orc and Goblin Army

Lord and General

* Black Orc Warboss - Heavy Armour; Shield; Boar; Battleaxe of the last Waaagh!(+rankbonus attack and strenght) @278
o Black Orcs

Heroes

* Black Orc Big Boss - Heavy Armour; Boar; Army standard; Mork's Spirit Totem (+rankbonus dispel dice) @180
o orc boyz
* Night Goblin Shaman - Level 1; Dispel Scroll; Madcap Mushrooms @95
o night goblins

Core

* 28 orc boyz - command; add. choppa @ 226
* 34 night goblins - spears; netters; 2 fanatics @ 266
* 5 goblin wolf riders - Spears; short bows; boss @ 82
* 5 goblin wolf riders - Spears; short bows; boss @ 82
* 5 forest goblin spider riders - short bows; boss @ 82
* 5 forest goblin spider riders - short bows; boss @ 82

Special

* 22 black orcs - command; Nogg's banner of butchery (+1A to all models in the unit, one use only) @ 349
* 7 savage orc boar boyz - spears; command @ 199
* 10 squig hoppers @ 150
* goblin wolf chariot @ 60

Rare

* Goblin Doom Diver Catapult 80
* Goblin Doom Diver Catapult 80

total: 2291

I need to drop some stuff, being 41 points over:angel: My main unit will be the black orc unit, which will crush all units it counters, and is accompanied by the two night goblin units.edit: now one unit of NG. This is a whole new list which I made together with a friend.

I'm hoping on some nice response wheter this list is a yes or no...:cool:

My army would look like this, with the orc boyz somewhere near the general:

s=spider rider, w=wolf rider, B=boar boy, ng=night goblin,
O=orc boyz, BO=black orc, sh=squig hopper,
WC= wolf chariot, DD=doom diver

sssss...wwwww...BBBBB...BOBOBO..OOOOO..ngngng...sh sh sh...wwwww...sssss...WC
........................BOBOBO..OOOOO..ngngng....s h sh sh
.................DD............................... .................DD

truthsayer
15-10-2006, 17:31
This list is kinda 'meh'.

here are some ideas to help you out.

you need another rank of boys in the orcs, put the bsb there to help them out. Give him the banner of mork for dispel dice to help the shaman.

give the shaman one scroll (use it wisely) and the madcap mushrooms.

drop a few of the black orcs to get equal ranks now the bsb has gone.

combine the two night goblin units into one unit of 35, give em spears and 3 fanatics. have them march with the orc boys.

drop the savage orc boars to 7, if you take a casualty or 2 they are still quite hard when they reach combat. If you have ten some of them are doing nothing in the rear rank. they wont run due to frenzy making them immune to psychology such as panic.

woytek
15-10-2006, 17:58
I changed it a bit, and I am liking the idea more of only one unit of night goblins, so that my BO unit won't be that treathened by the fanatics.

Right now I'll go with the idea of the orcs walking together with the black orcs and the BSB being in the orc unit, making it a bit more reliable. The night goblins are then next to the orc unit guarding them with fanatics. Boar boyz will guard one side together with the fast cav and maybe I will drop the chariot.

truthsayer
17-10-2006, 16:43
I changed it a bit, and I am liking the idea more of only one unit of night goblins, so that my BO unit won't be that treathened by the fanatics.

Right now I'll go with the idea of the orcs walking together with the black orcs and the BSB being in the orc unit, making it a bit more reliable. The night goblins are then next to the orc unit guarding them with fanatics. Boar boyz will guard one side together with the fast cav and maybe I will drop the chariot.

Id keep the chariot, try and upgrade it to a boar chariot or leave it as is and use it to threaten enemy war machines or small units. you'll probably find it dies pretty quickly though.

Like the upgrades to the list, Id use a war banner on the black orcs or the waaagh banner to make sure of a charge. Drop the bosses on the wolves and spiders as they are generally wasted points. if the gobbo's get into combat they will probably be already dead.

I dont know if i like the whole battleaxe of the last waaagh thing, perhaps you could swap the bsb and general so when you waaagh the black orcs will move anyway and then you can have the orc boys moving too (being the generals unit)

nice to see the changes, keep up the pillageing! ;)