PDA

View Full Version : Archaon's horde 2000

Sir_Lunchalot
15-10-2006, 17:38
Now that I'm working for GW, my arm has been twisted into collecting a fantasy army. oh poor opressed me! This is the list I came up with. how does it look?

LORDS

Crom The Conqueror
230 pts

CORE

Warriors of Chaos
20 warriors with hand weapon, heavy armor, and shield, free command group for numbering over 16.
300 pts

Warriors of Chaos
20 warriors with hand weapon, heavy armor, and shield, free command group for numbering over 16.
300 pts

Marauders of Chaos
25 marauders with hand weapons, flails, light armor, shields free command for being 25 strong
200 pts

Marauders of Chaos
25 marauders with hand weapons, flails, light armor, shields free command for being 25 strong
200 pts

Chaos Hounds
5 warhounds
30 pts

Chaos Hounds
5 warhounds
30 pts

SPECIAL

Chosen Knights of Chaos
5 knights chosen full command
275 pts

Warriors of Chaos
20 warriors chosen with hand weapon, heavy armor, and shield free command group for numbering over 16.
420 pts

1985 pts

Sleep
15-10-2006, 19:49
Nice. Looks like a really good army but dont know how it does on battlefield...

Sir_Lunchalot
15-10-2006, 19:55
edit: sorry, I see that you've changed your response to something that is not spam. please ignore what this post once was.

Yeah, that's basically my problem. on paper 50 marauders, 40 warriors, 20 chosen warriors and 5 chosen knights seems pretty potent. but with my limited experience with Fantasy, I don't really know how well it'll do.

Neknoh
15-10-2006, 20:18
I'd wager on dropping the Chosen Warriors from the list completely and going for two units of Chosen knights of Khorne (would be rare in an army led by Crom would they not). A unit of 5 with Musician and Banner isn't overtly expensive points wise.

And I was under the impression that Marauders only could take Lightarmour, is that not the case?

I would also invest in Marauder Horsemen for your army, two units of 5 with a Musician would be extremely useful.

I would also wager on including Sorcerors of Chaos or an Aspiring Champion Battle Standard Bearer with the Banner of the Gods

Gekiganger
15-10-2006, 20:30
I'd wager on dropping the Chosen Warriors from the list completely and going for two units of Chosen knights of Khorne (would be rare in an army led by Crom would they not). A unit of 5 with Musician and Banner isn't overtly expensive points wise.

I think the army has a better theme without any godly stuff.

Very nice list but as said, it's all fine on paper, it's the battles that are a problem.

I'd consider dropping somthing (Don't ask what) to get some Marauder horsemen, they're useful as flankers (Yes I know you have hounds) but seem to have more survivability.

Sir_Lunchalot
15-10-2006, 21:21
I was planning to use the hounds as charge bait, the 'flankers' would be my warrior units, which are more able than anything else to take a flank charge. or to get a flank charge and buzsaw through a unit.

Einholt
15-10-2006, 22:26
From my limited experience, I recently started out with chaos. The best way to field hounds is in 6 or 8 cuz wen they hit the flank with full rank its SOOOO much more effective. Also I would have the chosen knights of khorne and definetly try to put in sum Mounted Marauders, although I was not aware that I could use Arcahons list outside of the campaign my normal chaos plays almost identically and I find using hounds to screen the Knights of khorne is just amazing, the mounted horsemen with throwing axes also GREat for setting up a devastating charge by pulling out an enemies force. (Flee, Rally Throw, SMASH with khorne).

That being said lol, can I use the Archaons horde special rules outside of campaign? I live in Canada if that changes anything. Id really love for my marauders to have free command cuz I field em 25 strong anyway.

Neknoh
16-10-2006, 04:49
Ask your local gaminggroup, I know that the Storm of Chaos lists are not allowed in major GW arranged games (such as grand tournaments), but there is nothing stopping you from using them if you just check with your club beforehand

Unwise
17-10-2006, 07:29
Do you have some special rule regarding magic defence? I don't know the lis well.

It seems that you have no mages at all and no extra dispel dice. Enemy mages will have a field day. That being said, they would want to do alot of damage as you have alot of bodies to soak it up.

I personally find 5 infantry units unweildy to use effectively. At least one will be stuck waiting for others to move around terrain etc. In my skaven army this is not a problem as my units are crap anyway, but with yours it would be a waste.

You may want to get something to harrass war machines with. I think there is some type of undivided flying creature isn't there? Or marauder horsemen. Often these guys will not succeed, but they draw the enemies attention away from better targets.

Neknoh
17-10-2006, 09:30
He isn't allowed Furies, although, some Flayerkin would be nice to add to the army, again, I suggest dropping the warriors in favour of something more mobile, perhaps a unit of Flayerkin and a Hellcannon? Seeing as you have quite a slow army, the Hellcannon should be able to force the enemy towards you whilst the flayerkin go out headhunting mage-heads and warmachines.

I actually think that that is the soundest suggestion I've given so far.