PDA

View Full Version : Have you put Lances on all your old Mounted Characters?

EvC
15-10-2006, 22:04
I just finished adding and painting a basic lance addition to my general for an upcoming tournament, since the old Great Weapon on horseback combo is pretty useless these days. So I'm just wondering who else has moved to lances for these characters, and actually bothered converting their models to reflect it?

Edit: Not just lances, but I hear Halberds are a popular option these days too :)

sigur
15-10-2006, 22:09
As a side-project, I was converting a DE Noble with a great weapon since almost half a year, now it seems a bit redundant; anyway, it's gonna look nifty so I'll most probably finish this guy.:)

Rork
15-10-2006, 23:46
Flails seem to be all the rage for Chaos characters now.

Although I'm sticking with my axe of Khorne...can't go wrong with killing blow :D

NakedFisherman
16-10-2006, 00:23
Flails seem to be all the rage for Chaos characters now.

Hrm. I'd personally give a mounted Chaos hero a halberd if I chose a mundane weapon.

Crazy Harborc
16-10-2006, 00:31
I don't think I have an non-Chaos knights characters with lances models. Most come with swords. I prefer that my unit champs and or characters stand out. Same is true for my Bret. army as well.;)

Makaber
16-10-2006, 00:38
I don't like giving characters mundane weapons unless I need the points for something else. Generally speaking I feel great weapons are a waste of superior initiative in most cases, and my regular opponents (T10 I'm looking at you) are very shrewd when it comes to tieing up powerful characters with ethereal units and characters.

Typically, my mounted characters are Dark Elves, where a great weapon squanders some of the greatest initiative in the game. Also, I usually run my mounted lord with knights, and as the knights lose pretty much all their punch if they fail to break the opponent the first round, I give my lord a Sword of Might to add some second-round punch to compensate.

That said, I'm making a Lord on manticore as we speak, and he ended up with a halberd. I think it's going to be a Crimson Death, though, so it's kinda a moot point.

Tutore
16-10-2006, 07:15
My mounted High Elves have always been equipped with lances. No big change for me.

Avian
16-10-2006, 12:21
None of my greenskins can have lances, so it's not an option. :p

I do seem to be taking a lot of mounted characters with magic weapons, though. Never used to do that in the old days.

Scythe
16-10-2006, 12:33
Well, all my mounted characters who had access to them already had them, so no change for me here...;)

adreal
16-10-2006, 12:33
well my tomb king is sticking to his great wepaon in chariot combo, he is strill leathel, but i may swap it for spear of regenerating wounds, but i dunno.....

my elves all usually have magic weapons, or swordmaster honor so yeah

Jedi152
16-10-2006, 14:01
Well my thrall had a lance anyway, and the Bret list i'm planning has a paladin with a morning star, y'know, just cos you never see them.