PDA

View Full Version : Something different? (2500)

WLBjork
16-10-2006, 16:02
Thats right. No warmachines (including the Anvil) or shooting of any kind. Just pure muscle - and a big axe!

Lord: Great Weapon; Master Rune of Gromril, Master Rune of Kragg the Grim, 2*Runes of Fury

Runesmith: Shield; 3*Runes of Spellbreaking

Thane: Shield; Rune of Cleaving, Rune of Cleaving, Rune of Fury, Rune of Stone

Thane: Army Battle Standard; Master Rune of Grungi, Rune of Sanctuary, Strollaz Rune

23 Longbeards: Shields; Full Command; Rune of Battle, Rune of Sanctuary, Ancestor Rune

10 Warriors: Shields; Great Weapons

10 Miners: Champion; Steam Drill

22 Hammerers: Shields; Full Command; Rune of Battle, Rune of Sanctuary

23 Ironbreakers: Full Command; Rune of Battle, Rune of Stoicism

18 Slayers

The small Warrior units are great as flank Guards for the main battalions - I use them in the same way Empire use their Detachments (just without the cheesy rules Empire Detachments get) They got Great Weapons so that they can have a bigger impact if they sucessfully flank/rear charge. Slayers can go right out on a flank, seeing as they simply don't care about anything.

2 Characters go with the Hammerers (Lord and Runesmith most likely), 1 with Ironbreakers (BSB) and 1 with Longbeards (Thane).

I'm in 2 minds about the Miner Champion with Steamdrill, but given that 2 games ago they didn't turn up 'till turn 5 (decisively though!), I feel the re-roll to be of value.

Oh, and if you're wondering why no shooting, my best warmachines are unavailable and my Quarrelers are having a well deserved rest after their success in the last battle.

DesertDirge
16-10-2006, 17:35
hmm... might work depending on how well you hold the line and set up... it wil soley depend on what your oppenent will do.

Good Luck.

Kraal_Lord_Of_Blood
17-10-2006, 07:02
i would LOVE facing this army!!

WLBjork
17-10-2006, 14:30
I'm fielding it either this week or in 3 weeks. I'll let you know how it goes.

As for what my opponents do, I have no idea. Don't even know who I'll be facing - only HEs if I get to play this week, but after that could be anything bar Chaos Dwarfs.

Mazian
17-10-2006, 15:24
No rune of Spite on the lord seems like a silly risk to me. There are lethal rune combinations that leave room for that. Do you really want your best combatant without a ward save when his opponent will almost certainly have one? I love it when an Ogre Tyrant or a Blood Dragon come into my dwarfs with a challenge and my Lord strides out and carves them to pieces.

WLBjork
17-10-2006, 17:51
I used to take MRoSpite, but barely used it. Very few of my opponents bother with Ward Saves, so it's not a big a loss as it looks.

I am however, considering changing one of the Runes of Cleaving on the Thane for the Master Rune of Switness. Given my intense hatred for Swordmasters and Executioners, I probably will.