PDA

View Full Version : 2500 rogue trader tombkings(khalida list)

mortetvie
16-10-2006, 22:38
The tournament guys say we can use special characters so I wanted to try a khalida list for a while now and finally get to!

characters:885

Khalida

Hierophant: Lichepriest, hieretic jar, dispell scroll (should I replace either item for colar of shapesh?)

Lichpriest, staff of ravening

Iconbearer, standard of sands

Core:645

Archers with asp blessing, 24 with banner

Archers with asp blessing, 24 with banner and undying legion

chariots, 3

Special:644

Tombgaurd, 19 with full command and icon of rakaph

Ushabti, 3

Tomb scorpion

Carrion, 3

Rare:220

Screaming skull catapults with skulls of foe, 2 of them here.

I have 106 points left, I was thinking of either beefing up the chariot unit with banner, sacred eye and another chariot or getting another unit of 10 archers with poisoned upgrade or maybe change some points around to get 8 light horsemen with poisoned shots?

DesertDirge
17-10-2006, 13:36
add another scorpion! ;)

Alathir
17-10-2006, 14:45
Yeah I agree. Two scorpions is always great. I would add another ushabti though, 3 isnt enough, 4 seems to be a magic number with ogre like creatures. 3 ushabti leaves them very vulnerable to shooting, remember they are only toughness 4. With another 3 wounds they will be able to withstand enemy volleys and still deal some damage when they hit the lines.

Good work with the 2 catapults, I have seen these things win entire games. I would consider giving your hierophant the cloak of the dunes however.

mortetvie
17-10-2006, 16:56
I deploy the ushabti behind a line of archers and only warmachines can shoot them which ppl tend to focus on my war machines or archers for some reason. I cn always raise the ushabti back. :) I only have 3 models but plan on getting a fourth, good call there guys.

I usualyl use 2 tomb scopions, but one I found is enough to kill warmachiens which is all I use them for, I usually rolll pretty badly. I am trying out the carrion so I can have something to marchblock and that is pretty much it, aside from going after warmachine crew too.

My major question is in regards to my chariot unit, I can drop them and take another unit of 20 archers with banner or beef up the chariot unit, any thoughts?