PDA

View Full Version : Alien race sketches

Zadok
16-10-2006, 22:48
Here are some quick drawings of an alien race I've been working on. I'm planning on using them to supplement a Tau army. I do not have not developed any fiction on them however. I have quite a few more fully rendered drawings, but I need to reduce the size before i can post them. Please feel free to leave comments or suggestions.

-Marques

Isoroku
16-10-2006, 22:53
Good More Aliens You have idea to make but drawings?

malika
17-10-2006, 14:49
They remind me a lot of Vespids for some reason....insectoid!

Oh btw, check your PM!!!

CELS
17-10-2006, 14:55
An interesting start there. I hope you'll make them unique enough to stand apart from the many existing races in 40k, and that you'll post some background to justify posting this in the background forum :)

Voronwe[MQ]
17-10-2006, 15:23
I hopes so too. I have some propositions on insectoid physiological characteristics (and not only extreme resistance to radiation, toughness and the common, well known ones) that I will post if I can get 'em down on paper.
(I meant keyboard. no, I am not living in early stone age, seriously!)

the dark angel
18-10-2006, 17:54
very vespid like, its the insectoid look, id like to see them become a unique race of warhammer 40k, very good so far though :D

Chainsworded Codpiece
20-10-2006, 19:12
Vespids are very insectoid, but chunky and "crustacean".

These guys could be more slim and "wire-frame."

They'd be nick-named "Space Crickets" by the Humans.

SPAAAAAAAACE CRICKETS!!!

Good-looking sketches.

Voronwe[MQ]
20-10-2006, 19:18
Yeah, I agree on the sketches, and they should be made more sinewy and 'wire-frame'-ish. Cricket? Another term for that in 40k that'd fit generally on most (well, a lot, then) planets.

Destecado
20-10-2006, 20:11
Crickets huh? Why not call the race The Jiminy (or some derivative). The might even have their own take on the Greater Good...."let your conscience be your guide". :D

Kandarin
20-10-2006, 22:32
The J'himini believe that every being has all the answers to any given situation within them, and so their religion is one of constant soul-searching with which to better communicate with their 'inner guide'. For this they are suspected by the Inquisition, but embraced by the Tau.

Zothos
20-10-2006, 22:45
They could have wooden robot servants with large noses as well?

Acolyte of Bli'l'ab
21-10-2006, 01:00
Zothos, did you make this post for your sketches only ? or can anyone add to them ?

Zothos
21-10-2006, 03:04
I am not the original poster actually...that would be Zadok i believe. I merely tried to add to the humor (however unsuccesfull the attempt may have been).

I would however point out that the sketches are quite nice. Takes quite a bit of courage to post work of that nature on a public forum and I for one would love to see anything you folks have to offer . :)

Destecado
21-10-2006, 16:55
The J'himini believe that every being has all the answers to any given situation within them, and so their religion is one of constant soul-searching with which to better communicate with their 'inner guide'. For this they are suspected by the Inquisition, but embraced by the Tau.

A race of philosopher bugs. Although meant in jest, that really isn’t half bad. I’ve recently been working on an explanation for the seemingly instinctual aptitude orks have for technology and their language. GW seems to indicate that this information is encoded into their genetic code, which might sound crazy, but might be closer to the truth than you believe.

When mapping the human genome, researcher found that about 95% was what they termed “junk” (non-coding) DNA. They at first thought that this was just redundant garbage, but it might prove to be encode information. A linquistical analysis of the non-coding DNA indicates that it has features comparable to structure of a language. This could be the coded information that we observe as instincts…a kind of racial, ancestral or genetic memory of a species.

Beyond just instinctual responses to stimuli, this coded information might also provide the templates for the growth of structure within an organism. A kidney or a lung grows the same way due to the information template within the organisms genetic code. If this is the case, then the Kroot ability of eating organic matter an extracting abilities form its genetic code might actually be feasible. It may also make the Omophagea (Space Marine Organ designed to absorb genetic material generated in animal tissue as a function of memory, experience or innate ability) more believable.