PDA

View Full Version : Question on Panic

Fearmysnotlings
17-10-2006, 20:02
Under condition #2 of panic (Unit destroyed within 6'') you can catch a fleeing unit, destroy it, and cause other units to panic within 6''. My question is ; when do you measure distance from the destroyed unit to other units to see if a panic test is in order, before they make a flee move or after. And i suppose this goes to help my understanding of the fleeing thing in general, that is, whether or not caught units are actually permitted to make a flee move.

WLBjork
17-10-2006, 20:15
Pg 40 "Remove Fleeing Units Caught". If the unit is destroyed, it happens at the site of combat, thus no flee move actually occurs.

Fearmysnotlings
17-10-2006, 20:25
Aha, thank you for the cited rule too, thats going to be hellpful in the future.

eldrak
17-10-2006, 21:56
You won't panic from a unit fleeing from combat being caught and destroyed. You panic for being within 6" of a breaking friendly unit.

edit: Unless the unit was over US 5 at start of phase and under US 5 when breaking, then you panic for unit destroyed within 6".

NakedFisherman
17-10-2006, 22:18
Pg 40 "Remove Fleeing Units Caught". If the unit is destroyed, it happens at the site of combat, thus no flee move actually occurs.

Incorrect. The rule the original poster is referncing refers to units being caught by chargers. You're referencing the rules for pursuit which are different.

In the case of where to measure Panic from: quite obviously from the unit when it is determined it will be run down by chargers.

You won't panic from a unit fleeing from combat being caught and destroyed. You panic for being within 6" of a breaking friendly unit.

Panic can be caused by both.

Fearmysnotlings
17-10-2006, 22:45
Incorrect. The rule the original poster is referncing refers to units being caught by chargers. You're referencing the rules for pursuit which are different.

In the case of where to measure Panic from: quite obviously from the unit when it is determined it will be run down by chargers.

Panic can be caused by both.

Actually i'm referencing a pursuit move. A unit caught by charges however, to my understanding, is much the same situation. Either way i found verification for the rule, so thanks, now lets kill this thread.