PDA

View Full Version : 2000 SoC Eshin with Mengil and UCoD rule

J6mnik
18-10-2006, 14:02
Greetings Warlods!
I'm going on tournament, where still SoC armies and DoW units are allowed. I don't hink, that I manage to win anything, but I wanna have fun at least. :)
So I made list like this:
1 * Master Assassin 335 Pts
General; 2ndWeapon; Smoke Bombs; Throwing Stars
Fell Blade, Talisman of Protection

1 Eshin Sorcerer @ 140 Pts
Magic Level 2; 2ndWeapon; Throwing Stars
#1 Warpstone Token, Dispel Scroll, Warpstone Charm

1 Eshin Sorcerer @ 140 Pts
Magic Level 2; 2ndWeapon; Throwing Stars
#1 Warpstone Token, Dispel Scroll x 2

1 Assassin @ 155 Pts
2ndWeapon; Throwing Stars Bands of Power, Warpstone Amulet OR Warpstone Stars

5 Night Runners @ 25 Pts

5 Night Runners @ 25 Pts

6 Night Runners @ 42 Pts 2ndWeapon

6 Night Runners @ 42 Pts 2ndWeapon

7 Night Runners @ 49 Pts 2ndWeapon

6 Night Runners @ 66 Pts 2ndWeapon; Sling

6 Gutter Runners Tunnelling Team @ 102 Pts, 2ndWeapon; Poisoned Hand Weapons

6 Gutter Runners Tunnelling Team @ 102 Pts, 2ndWeapon; Poisoned Hand Weapons

6 Warplock Jezzail teams @ 120 Pts

6 Warplock Jezzail teams @ 120 Pts

3 Eshin Triad @ 210 Pts 2ndWeapon; Throwing Stars

8 Mengil Manhide's Manflayers, incl. 1 Mengil Manhide @ 325 Pts
Great Weapon; Repeater Crossbow; Heavy Armour; St., Mus. Banner Of Kalad

Casting Pool: 6
Dispel Pool: 4

Models in Army: 74 Total: 1998

I know, that skirmishers are nerfed in 7th ed (and swarms too, so I dropped them from this list). I know also, that "Under Cover of Darkness" rule is not so good as it looks on first sight, but I think that playing this list will be great fun (and sometimes problematic to my opponents ;) ).

What do you think? Thanks in advance.

Atrahasis
18-10-2006, 14:45
I've never understood jezzails in a Night Fight army.

Then again, 9/10 I run my Eshin with ranked units.

It looks good, if a little cookie-cutter, but the SOC lists are like that.

J6mnik
24-10-2006, 10:51
Thank you for answer.

I've never understood jezzails in a Night Fight army.

In case of misfire or high result on "night vision roll". Actually, I dropped one unit. Now I'm thinking what to do with this points. Another unit of gutter runners. Or plague rat swarm. Althought they are weakened now, they can still be thorn for low armoured opponents (therefore I want upgrade them to plague swarms).

Then again, 9/10 I run my Eshin with ranked units.

Me too, but I wanted to play something different.
Today I'm gonna to test this army against my friend's Chaos army (possibly with Dragon, lot of cavalry and minotaurs). We'll see. :)

Teach
24-10-2006, 11:33
Mengil Manhide's Manflayers is cool! I still want to buy this guy.
Against h armour you will have some trouble, i think. Swarms are still a good option to hold a unit for a turn and then flank them. one or two units extra slings, maybe a whole unit slaves with slings.
Good luck

Dasqueek-Master Assassin
25-10-2006, 06:27
ive been playin SoC eshin for years now, and i think you need to make ur Nr units 10 men with stars and xtra hand weapons, that is except for your 2 distraction units. you only need 1 tunnel team at 5 men with just hand weapons. up your jezzails to 10 men and for god sakes, drop Mengil!! trust me the master assassin w/ fellblade+ a triad does what he and his unit do times ten!!
to deal with armor either put in some PwG or simply more Gr

J6mnik
31-10-2006, 11:16
I've played with this list against my friend's Chaos mobile army (3 units of cavalry, screamers, minotaurs, beastmen).
Result: 1967-896 for Chaos.
Manflayers are good, their bonus +100 VPs is very good. But the skirmisher are really nerfed in 7th ed.
Jezzails done their job, as my first roll for night sight was 10 (so 30" distance). They managed to thin down a chosen cavalry unit. Unfortunately, Master Assassin has fleed out of battle before making any significant damage...
Triad was used to kill minotaurs and their charge caused unit of beastmen (with shaman) to flee.
THX for all advices.