PDA

View Full Version : Shas'O Kais

Prodigalson
18-10-2006, 18:16
In the new Dawn of War: Dark Crusade came the forces on Kronos are lead by Shas'O Kais. Now, I don't know of any other straight Kais other then the one from the Firewarrior books. Also in the game it specifcally makes mention that this Kais comes after Farsight, so they cannot be the same one.

Now, I do not know if this Shas'O is the same one that appeared in Firewarrior. Just thought I would post an F.Y.I.

Does anyone remember the Aun from the book's name? There is an Aun in the game, if it is the same one we can pretty much guarantee that it is the same tau.

Khaine's Messenger
18-10-2006, 18:38
In the new Dawn of War: Dark Crusade came the forces on Kronos are lead by Shas'O Kais. Now, I don't know of any other straight Kais other then the one from the Firewarrior books.

What do you mean "straight" Kais? The Fire Warrior Kais was Shas'la'T'au'Kais (iirc). There's a Shas'O'Vior'la'Kais mentioned in the Tau codex (not counting Farsight, aka Shas'O'Vior'la'Shovah'Kaius'Mont'yr). I've not seen many "straight" Kais....

Does anyone remember the Aun from the book's name? There is an Aun in the game, if it is the same one we can pretty much guarantee that it is the same tau.

Ko'vash from Fire Warrior was killed, so the probability of him showing back up is minimal at best (although I wouldn't put it past some of 40k's medical oddities). But even if they were the same, why would that be an indicator that it's the same guy?

Sephiroth
18-10-2006, 18:47

Not the same. The Aun from Fire Warrior was Aun'O Ko'vash. The Ethereal in Dark Crusade is called Shi'or'es.

Lothlanathorian
18-10-2006, 19:00
I, personally, would like it more if Kais from the game was Kais as in O'Shovah. That's just me, though.

Triceron
19-10-2006, 05:47
An interesting tidbit is that O'Shovah is actually in the backstory of the planet Kronus. Morriah Coast province info, check it out.

In it, a Shas'El describes the ork situation in the area to O'Shovah. It's not known whether this transmission is in the present tense or past though, since the Tau had taken Kronus before, and are retaking it now.

I'm hoping he is not the same as the current Kais though, since it would make no sense for Shovah to have used the XV-22 suit and end up going back to a classic XV-8. Also, the ethereal accompanying O'Shovah died at Arthas Moloch, not Kronus - Unless the planet is one and the same?

A neutral shade of black.
19-10-2006, 09:05
Rah.

KM, less apostrophes, more spaces. The correct spelling (let's pick one) is Shas'o Vior'la Shovah Kaius Mont'yr shortened to O'Shovah, not Shas'O'Vior'la'Shovah'Kaius'Mont'yr. :P

That said, Kais is the most common Tau name, more or less - Codex: Tau says it in the bit about Tau language, IIRC. It is normal, considering it means "successful" and a commander tends to have been successful to get where he is.

And incidentally, O'Shovah wouldn't be using the XV22, considering he doesn't have access to the Tau technological advances through any form other than pirating (which in my view of the Enclaves, he's loathe to do - but that's just me) and you can't mount the Dawnblade on a stealthsuit chassis.

Anyway, people do occasionally have the same names, eh. This is especially true of Tau whose names are just a long list of their accomplishments rather than given at birth.

Malefactor
19-10-2006, 09:33
Oh who cares about the technicalities. As far as i am concerned The Commander Kais in Dark Crusade is the same guy as in Firewarrior.

Bless his little hooves, he got promoted.

Prodigalson
19-10-2006, 14:00
This Kais is definitely not O'Shovo. The stuff on the coast says that when Farsight took this place he was unable to completely exterminate the Orks. However, this time, it will be different.

Gorgutz, who was from the previous DOW games made an appearance again, as did Taldeer(sp?) the eldar Farseer.

Voronwe[MQ]
19-10-2006, 14:06
Shi'o'res is his personal name then, but what is his title?

Zapp Brannigan
19-10-2006, 14:32
Does anyone watch Stargate?

Shas'O'Vior'la'Shovah'Kaius'Mont'yr

"Shovah", at least pheonetically, is the word "traitor" in the language of the Guo'uld in previously said show. I think it's an amusing inclusion in his name, maybe (Commander Rank/World of Birth/Traitor/Name#1/Name#2).

It wouldn't be below/above GW to tribute a good Sci-Fi thing.

Prodigalson
19-10-2006, 14:59
Shi'o'res us an Aun'el so it's Aun'el Shi'o'res

Also nice catch Zapp. Have you ever thought that the Tau are a lot like the Ashen from Stargate? I know I have, at least in their "Join us peacefully, now you are part of us and we will really screw you."

In the new game, at the end of if the Tau effecitvely reduce the humans to 5% of the population due to breeding programs and things like that.

The Orange
19-10-2006, 15:13
IIRC, from the book Firewarrior, Kias ended up in a mental institute (because of Chaos), and was severly injured too (missing limbs IIRC). I think an Aun stated that he ultamitly sacraficed himself for the greater good, I think because he ultimatly took on the taint of Chaos and used that boost to kill tons and tons of enimies (as you do in the game), at least that's what I got form the book.

Sephiroth
19-10-2006, 16:30
An interesting tidbit is that O'Shovah is actually in the backstory of the planet Kronus. Morriah Coast province info, check it out.

Where can one find this info?

Inquisitor Maul
19-10-2006, 16:46
IIRC, from the book Firewarrior, Kias ended up in a mental institute (because of Chaos), and was severly injured too (missing limbs IIRC). I think an Aun stated that he ultamitly sacraficed himself for the greater good, I think because he ultimatly took on the taint of Chaos and used that boost to kill tons and tons of enimies (as you do in the game), at least that's what I got form the book.

What I recall is that the Etherial was droped from a high altitude and broke his neck.

Nabeshin1106
19-10-2006, 19:00
In the game the Ethereal was sent to the warp or something similar by the Lord of Change that shows up.

Voronwe[MQ]
19-10-2006, 20:24
Hm. I don't remember that part of the Face of Chaos, but then I's budy trying to kill mr. daemon. ;)

Zapp Brannigan
20-10-2006, 15:41
Well, I think that guy meant that Kais took on the Chaos tain to kill tons of guys, and the Aun took a tumble and broke his head.

I like how Gorgutz is the same dude in this campaign, but the constant emergance of the Blood Raven chapter is annoying me. I want to see the Space Wolves!

Prodigalson
20-10-2006, 16:35
Sephiroth, it's in the game itself when you play it. You attack the Ork area with the Tau and it rattles off the information about Farsight beating them down ehre previously, but not completel destroying them.