PDA

View Full Version : rallying fast cavalry

frigosolver
18-10-2006, 18:20
I maybe missing something but if fast cavalry break from combat or due to missle fire and rally in the subsequent round can they move as normal or is this only for a FEIGNED FLIGHT as per there new rules.

NakedFisherman
18-10-2006, 18:28
I maybe missing something but if fast cavalry break from combat or due to missle fire and rally in the subsequent round can they move as normal or is this only for a FEIGNED FLIGHT as per there new rules.

They must choose to flee flee as per their rules.

Breaking from combat isn't a choice.

Kadrium
18-10-2006, 18:32
I dont have a rulebook on hand.. I seem to remember something mentioned somewhere though about fast cav being able to move and possibly shoot on a turn they rally. Am I completely mad? Or is that the Feigned Flight thing mentioned?

Somewhat related question... The way we understand the current psychology, compuls movement happens on both players turns FOR both players.. so on your opponents turn, your stuff still flees. Am I wrong there too?

woytek
18-10-2006, 18:49
Feigned flight is actually fleeing as a charge response and being auto-rallied the next turn, being able to charge and move. Very nice rule for fast cavalry diverters!

If a fast cavalry unit flees and rallies the next turn (on their own) they may move directly, but can't charge I think...

Correct me if I am wrong I don't have the 7th brb

sigur
18-10-2006, 20:29
According to the BRB, ~p.70, in case fast cav flees as a charge reaction and rally the next turn (so they still have to roll their rally check as it seems), are allowed to move and shoot (count as having moved, even if they haven't in this turn's movement phase). Since you have to declare charges before rallying units, the question if they can charge or not isn't much of a topic.;)

IIRC, you were also allowed to do that in 6th edition.

Festus
18-10-2006, 22:07
Hi

Yes, fast cavalry still has to rally normally after a flee response. However, if they do so, they may move and shoot (making them even better in this edition).

Your troops move their compulsory movemetns in your phase, your enemies move in his phase. (p.20, first paragraph)

Greetings
Festus

Milgram
19-10-2006, 06:15
when is the fear test done? before or after declaring a charge reaction?

TheWarSmith
19-10-2006, 06:42
You declare normal charge reactions, then you determine if the charge is within range. If it is, you make your test. If it's not, you still react the same way(if you voluntarily fled, or you stand/shoot)

Tutore
19-10-2006, 09:00
First you have to declare your reaction to the charge. THEN you make the fear test.

You cannot charge with a fast cavalry unit which rallied due to a feigned flight: you have to declare charges before rallying fleeing units.