PDA

View Full Version : An idea for Vampire Counts: Shooting!

greymeister
19-10-2006, 16:06
I was just thinking the other day and wondered if anyone had done this already. I am going to start adding units of Leadbelchers to my VC army. I am sort of ticked off when my army has ONE option to use during the shooting phase, and it's not really a shooting attack at all. Leadbelchers have at least the capability of laying down alot of firepower, at the risk of killing each other of course hehe.

Mephistofeles
19-10-2006, 18:08
You can only have two units right? Since they are rare?

Don't you want some other rare-choices?

sephiroth87
19-10-2006, 18:16
What are you going to put in there? The Banshee? I'd rather have shooting.

Good, good options for the Vampire Counts:

The Marksmen of Miragliano
Halfling bowmen
Crossbowmen
The Birdmen of Catrazza (really!)
Dwarfs with Crossbows

EvC
19-10-2006, 19:04
Halflings would fit quite nicely, I'll bet there's tonnes of evil midgets running around Sylvania, what with its proximity to the Moot.

gukal
19-10-2006, 21:37
Halflings would fit quite nicely, I'll bet there's tonnes of evil midgets running around Sylvania, what with its proximity to the Moot.

I've recently had a lot of fun with a Necrarch Zombie Horde backed by two Halfling Hot Pots. At S3, they are not amazing, but they can do some serious damage when you get a solid hit on large blocks of core troops. They are just 50 points and are likely to destroy at least that much infantry in the course of a game.

Another upside is that most people assume they are terrible (and they might be right), and so they don't sulk like they sometimes do if you take DoW cannons.

- Gukal

EvC
19-10-2006, 21:48
I could imagine a lovely conversion to fit that: a pair of flesh-firing constructs crewed by the Necrarch's Dreg servants...

Neknoh
19-10-2006, 22:03
And let us not forget the Lahmian Countess/Lord with the Asp Bow, guaranteed to make life a mess for anything hoping to hide

greymeister
19-10-2006, 22:50
What are you going to put in there? The Banshee?

EXACTLY. OH wait, but you forgot the Black Coach.... :eek:

....oh yeah nevermind, it sucks. ;)

I'm looking forward to trying them out. I was wondering, will regular DoW Dwarves fight with anyone? I wasn't sure if there were restrictions or not on them.

DisruptorX
20-10-2006, 00:10
I'm looking forward to trying them out. I was wondering, will regular DoW Dwarves fight with anyone? I wasn't sure if there were restrictions or not on them.

Regular dogs of war will fight for anyone except Brettonians or an army led by a Greater Daemon, as far as I know. It'd make sense if Orcs and Goblins couldn't hire DoW dwarfs, though...

dexlox
20-10-2006, 00:49
bah half ur army wouldnt even be undead

Morgrin
20-10-2006, 00:59
So what? Maybe they are not undead, but can be modeled as such, making for a nice and unusual themed army.

greymeister
20-10-2006, 01:59
bah half ur army wouldnt even be undead

Nothing new. An all Ghoul Based army, while a bit impractical, is also totally legal and a totally alive army other than the general. Also, a Sylvanian list can use Empire troops. Getting hung on the entire army being undead is less of a factor now that the army isn't even named Undead :)

As a side note, I have just discovered Menghil Manhide's Manflayers. I think they are another juicy shooting option (although very pricey) but they also sort of fit in thematically. I mean just think, why not let them eat the flesh of the enemies so that I can make more skeletons? ;)

Tutore
20-10-2006, 09:23
It´s a good idea to have a shooting unit, but I wouldn´t take the leadbelchers because in a common game they shoot only once...