PDA

View Full Version : The Pantokrator's Fallen Men: Renegade Space Marines, 1,500 points

Pages : [1] 2

Gen.Steiner
19-10-2006, 20:17
Hellay, chaps and chapesses!

I bring to you, for your perusal and amusement, my first 'proper' project log (with pictures and everything)! You may commence rejoicement now...

The Fallen are a disparate group of Space Marines united only by their worship of Slaanesh and the charismatic force of their leader, an ex-Ultramarine known as the Pantokrator*. They each come from a different Chapter (mainly as an excuse for me to have fun painting loads of different and obscure colour schemes - Minotaurs and Rainbow Marines, anyone?), and are currently to be found in the Maelstrom, preying on passing convoys, isolated ships, and lording it over a collection of pirates, mutants, and assorted Galactic Scum.

The list is presented below, and is followed by a couple of pictures of The Fallen as they currently stand - five painted models, and 18 unpainted and in various stages of assembly.

Note that I used the Emperor's Children list, and so get free Aspiring Champions. I also wanted a six-squad list, each with six men in, but had so many points left over I plumped for a seventh squad - six Daemonettes!

The Fallen Traitor Marines in the Service of Slaanesh:

HQ:
The Pirate Lord:
Commander Chulain, the Pantokrator with: Mark of Slaanesh, terminator armour, lightning claws, personal icon, doom siren; Aura of Aquiescence.
NB: He has the Veteran Skill Furious Charge.
His Retinue:
Five Chosen of Slaanesh with: Mark of Slaanesh, terminator armour, combi-bolter, two combi-meltas, reaper autocannon, two power fists; two chainfists (16).
NB: All have the Veteran Skill Furious Charge.

Elites 1:
The Silent:
Aspiring Champion Balthazar with: Mark of Slaanesh, plasma pistol, power fist, melta bombs; teleport homer.
Five Chosen of Slaanesh with: Mark of Slaanesh, Rapturous Standard, flamer, meltagun; bolt pistols and close combat weapons.
NB: All have the Veteran Skill Infiltrate and Frag grenades.

Troops 1:
The Victorious:
Aspiring Champion Perau with: Mark of Slaanesh, combi-bolter, power sword; frag grenades.
Five Fallen with: Mark of Slaanesh, plasma gun, heavy bolter, bolters.

Troops 2:
The Glorious:
Aspiring Champion Tarel with: Mark of Slaanesh, combi-bolter, power fist; frag grenades.
Five Fallen with: Mark of Slaanesh, flame-thrower, rocket launcher; bolters.

Troops 3:
The Triumphant:
Aspiring Champion Marran with: Mark of Slaanesh, combi-bolter, power sword; frag grenades.
Five Fallen with: Mark of Slaanesh, meltagun, heavy bolter and bolters.

Troops 4:
The Radiant:
Six Daemonettes of Slaanesh with: Warp Scream and Daemonic Talons.

Heavy Support 1:
The Blessed:
Aspiring Champion Devau with: Mark of Slaanesh, combi-bolter; power fist (15).
Five Fallen Devastators with: Mark of Slaanesh, lascannons, rocket launchers; bolter.
NB: All have the Veteran Skill Tank Hunters.

Grand Total Points Value of the Fallen:

Points Breakdown:
HQ: (Commander: 170; Retinue: 291) 461
E1: 257
T1: 143
T2: 149
T3: 143
T4: 90
HS1: 257
Total: 1,500

And now... the pictures! Will follow as soon as I take 'em, give me half an hour or so. :)

cerealkiller195
19-10-2006, 20:31
looks good so far, lets see some WIP's

Mrlemonjelly
19-10-2006, 20:55
They each come from a different Chapter (mainly as an excuse for me to have fun painting loads of different and obscure colour schemes - Minotaurs and Rainbow Marines, anyone?)

That's what my Marine force is like! Except mine have no fluff to go with them ... I'm not good on the whole story side.

Gen.Steiner
19-10-2006, 22:47
Pictures!

Painted figures first. Unpainted ones when I finish building the buggers.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/Photos001009.jpg
A Fallen. Late of the Minotaurs' 6th Tactical (Reserve) Company, 7th Squad.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/DSC00044.jpg
Four of the Radiant - Daemonettes. Done in pretty pastel shades as befits Slaanesh's daughters. The mini-nette in the front is just for fun. I'll be getting the remaining two 'nettes next.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/DSC00042.jpg
The Fallen with two of the Daemonettes - showing off the hand-painted Minotaur emblem.

Note on Pantokrator: It's Greek for 'Lord of All Things' - a typically self-critical Chaos rank...

I'm currently putting together the 18 Fallen I bought today - a box of Tac Marines and a box of Chaos Marines. I must say that the Tac Marines have much more mould lines, flash, and is generally produced from a worse plastic, in my opinion. The Mutation sprue in the Chaos box remains awesome like bananas.

UnRiggable
19-10-2006, 22:52
It would be cool if you painted the dawemonets with those transition colors - either cold or hot (just paint blues and purples on and then drybrush white over it.)

cerealkiller195
20-10-2006, 06:41
my only critique is that the faceof the minotaur is missing something, maybe more shading or highlighting? to make it stick out more.

Gen.Steiner
20-10-2006, 12:17
UnRiggable - I'll have a crack at that with the last two Daemonettes when I get 'em. I'm not sure if anyone's noticed, but the Daemonettes are all 'twins'. They each have an opposite, whose skin is the same colour as their clothes (such as they are).

cerealkiller195 - I know it's the standard excuse, but his face is actually highlighted - three layers of it, to be exact! It's not picked up by the camera, but I promise you it is there...

Update:

Well, I've built Troops 1 and 2, and I've made a start on Troops 3 (but I've not got the bits for the Aspiring Champion or heavy weapon, so I'll have to wait a bit for those).

Later today, or tomorrow, I'm going to get some black spray and undercoat the zoggers. Looking at them in the cold light of day I can still see a few mould lines (aaaaaaargh) so they'll have to be scraped off. The combi-bolters probably need a bit of GS-ing to fill in the gaps, too.

Combi-bolters, by the way, are even easier to make than I thought they'd be! Two bolters, scrape opposing sides flat, glue together, et voila.

My main gripe at the moment is that my rocket launcher screwed up - the end bit glued on at a daft angle, so I'm going to have to see if it requires GSing to fill in any gaps or if I can just leave it and hope no-one notices that the tube's not straight... :angel:

Gen.Steiner
20-10-2006, 19:24
Right, a double post, but it's MY project log! This is just so that people get an idea of what the Fallen Men look like at the moment:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/DSC00045.jpg
Troops 1 - the Victorious: unpainted, but assembled. I like the plasma gunner's head, but the Aspiring Champion really looks like a Fallen, I think.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/DSC00046.jpg
Troops 2 - the Glorious: unpainted, but assembled. Rocket launcher's squint, but hey - it's not that noticeable... is it? Again, I'm most pleased with the Aspiring Champion, who looks really quite dynamic. The whole squad looks like they've just found a new target. The Marine with the chainsword looks dead mean as well.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/DSC00047.jpg
Troops 3 - the Triumphant: 4/6ths done - I need parts to make the heavy weapons trooper and the Champion. They're next on my purchase list, along with the two remaining Daemonettes.

Any ideas for obscure chapters? I've come up with:

Iron Snakes
Space Sharks
Executioners
Lamenters
Scythes of Sotha
Flesh Tearers
Dark Angels Fallen (this one's obligatory :p)

I'm going to include a female marine - to be exact, a Fallen Fighting Tiger of Veda (http://www.fightingtigersofveda.com).

There will also be a Christmas Marine (http://www.solegends.com/citle/citle1990/misc/leRTSpacedMarines.htm), a Relictor, and probably a few more as and when I find 'em.

Gen.Steiner
20-10-2006, 22:52
Triple-post! A personal record! :p

The list of Chapters:

Chapters Represented within the Pantokrator’s Fallen Men:

Ultramarines (Pantokrator),
Space Wolves,
White Scars,
Dark Angel Fallen,
Imperial Fists,
Blood Angels,
Iron Hands,
Salamanders,
Raven Guard,
Scythes of the Emperor,
Minotaurs,
Christmas Marines,
Space Sharks,
Iron Snakes,
Rainbow Warriors,
Exorcists,
Fighting Tigers of Veda (female),
Astral Claws,
Executioners,
Warseers,
Righteous Fists,
Fire Hawks,
Flesh Tearers,
Lamenters,
Mantis Legion,
Red Scorpions,
Relictors,
Sons of Medusa,
Star Phantoms – no info on colour. Any help, anyone?
Novamarines,
Sons of Sparta,
Mortifactors,
Howling Griffons,
Fire Angels,
Celestial Lions;
Blood Ravens.

I found this webpage (http://www.ironhands.com/chapters.htm) really useful. :) I shall also pick up How To Paint Space Marines as well, to see if that can help me with their colour schemes.

Thoughts?

Red Scorpion
20-10-2006, 22:57
I think Star Phantoms are a little homage to Space Ghost...
So if you look up Space Ghost thats basically it.
Chris

Gen.Steiner
20-10-2006, 23:05
Hurrah, thanks, I'll do that.

More images coming ASAP, I promise. :)

EDIT: Space Ghost wore white, yellow cape, red belt and details, and a black hood... I can work with that. Have to think about a Chapter emblem though. Hm.

bobert the great clen one
21-10-2006, 02:11
a white robe (phantom like) with a black background?

Gen.Steiner
21-10-2006, 02:14
Hmm... Star Phantoms imply some kind of star in the symbol.

Possibly a white star (maybe six pointed?) on a black disc? Or a red disc...

I could go for black and white armour with a red star outlined in yellow (or a yellow star outlined in red) which would also hit the Black and White Marine box, incidentally. :p

Later today I'll be buying a spray can and undercoating my men. Painting will then begin this evening - look out for photos later! :D

21-10-2006, 03:09
ok erm maybe a glowing star ?

Gen.Steiner
21-10-2006, 20:21
Not sure how I'd go about a glowing star...

Update:

Things are as usual, I'm afraid. :( I was at the Anarchist Bookfair in London all day, so didn't get a chance to get any spray paint. On the plus side, I have hacked off all the spare bits from their sprues and made the combi-bolter for Aspiring Champion Marran of Troops 3.

I promise you PiP pics Sunday or Monday. :p

In the meantime, feel free to comment, give me props or knock me down, anything to keep me motivated to finish this, my... fourth attempt at a 40K Chaos Marine army!

22-10-2006, 02:34
mould line on the heavy bolter marine( top leg)

SoloteshExarch
22-10-2006, 10:04
Hey General,

Seems you've got alot of marine chapters in this army, just wondering who the "Christmas Marines" are in your list? I'm likin the blind missile launcher marine by the way...

Gen.Steiner
22-10-2006, 11:44
The Christmas Marines are an entirely 'real' Chapter in 40K - but they're a joke from GW. They can be found here (http://www.solegends.com/citle/citle1990/misc/leRTSpacedMarines.htm). Good, eh? :p

As for the blind rocket launcher marine, I was wondering if anyone'd notice him! I just hope he won't be inaccurate on the tabletop...

VenerableDread
22-10-2006, 12:24
An Emperor's Pointy Sticks Marine! Make that!

Gen.Steiner
22-10-2006, 12:33
When I expand my army I'll bring in the EPS man, don't worry about that. :)

Thinking about it, I might even make him a Landraider Crewman... :angel:

Adlan
22-10-2006, 13:04
I notice there is a Warseer marine, Hows about a Portent marine as well?

This is a really coll concept.

Gen.Steiner
22-10-2006, 13:14
mould line on the heavy bolter marine( top leg)

Damn! Thanks for spotting that.

Was there a Portent chapter? :confused: If so, I'll gladly put one in when I expand the army.

Update:

Still no spray, so I'm going to go back over the Marines and scrape off all the mould lines that are still present. Spray tomorrow, definitely.

Bloodthirster90
22-10-2006, 15:10
I guess it would be black and red with a bloody P for a chapter symbol. I'm not sure if there was a Portent chapter, but there would be no harm in making one of them from the chapter.

22-10-2006, 15:19
no probs gen steiner lol i always find it frustrating when i paint a mini then see a mold line lol

Gen.Steiner
24-10-2006, 01:22
Update: Right, well, today (OK, yesterday now, but sh), I bought black spray, scraped off the last of the mould lines, and undercoated Troops 3. Today (I mean it this time) I'm going to be painting the meltagunner and the two Fallen who currently make up 66% of Troops 3.

I've decided to do the Meltagunner as a Lamenter, one of the other Fallen as a Scythes of Sotha, and the last either a Novamarine or a Howling Griffon.

I sense a distinct 'Yellow' flavour to Troops 3, what with yellow being in the colours of the Scythes, Minotaurs, Howling Griffons, and the Lamenters...!

Gen.Steiner
27-10-2006, 00:35
Update:

OK, later than I thought, but hey - pictures are pictures! Without further ado...

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/DSC00061.jpg
Lamenter, previously of the 5th Tactical Squad, 3rd (Battle) Company. Blue eyepieces, company colour on the helm. The heart in the Chapter badge needs to be highlighted - but I've lost (!) my blood red, so I need to get more.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/DSC00062.jpg
Lamenter - left hand side. Chapter badge is, once more, freehand. I'm pleased with the way this turned out!

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/DSC00063.jpg
Lamenter - right hand side. Mark of Slaanesh and Tac-squad badge and number. Note also that his bolter retains the winged skull, which, like the Fallen's colours, is a calculated insult to the followers of the corpse-god.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/DSC00064.jpg
Painting in Progress! A Howling Griffon and a Scythe of the Emperor. Note that I'm trying something new - painting yellow over white. Up until now I've painted yellow over black, as I prefer the darker, crisper look that it produces.

In other news, I bought the remaining two Daemonettes for the Radiant, and also made an amusing mistake.

I wanted a Heavy Bolter for Troops 3, and I wanted him to have a womble helmet. So I went to the heavy weapons bit in GW Covent Garden, found the heavy bolter rack (or so I thought) and then found a heavy bolter marine with a womble helmet.

Off I go, to home, where I rip open the packet to find...

...a plasma cannon! GW Covent Garden carries a rack of Space Marine Heavy Weapons, not a rack of 'Space Marine HBs' and another of 'plasma cannons' etc.

On the plus side, at least it means that I can paint him up as a Righteous Fist, or a Minotaur for my planned 400pt Minotaur Combat Patrol!

27-10-2006, 01:09
unlucky mate :( whats a righteuos fist?

A neutral shade of black.
27-10-2006, 08:27
Hmm... Star Phantoms imply some kind of star in the symbol.

Possibly a white star (maybe six pointed?) on a black disc? Or a red disc...

If you're still searching for a symbol, might I suggest a four-pointed star argent on a field of sable?

That said, excellent painting and great feel to your force. I fear the lack of cohesion might do it harm, but this is still something to keep an eye on - it might become as renouned as Exo's Word Bearers. :)

Gen.Steiner
27-10-2006, 10:46
unlucky mate whats a righteuos fist?

Aye, well, it was my fault, I should've checked the weapon. :cries: As for the Righteous Fists, well, they're my personal chapter - and you'll see a corrupted one fairly soon. ;)

If you're still searching for a symbol, might I suggest a four-pointed star argent on a field of sable?

Ooh, that's a good idea. :) I've found a colour scheme - white, black helm, red gauntlets and belt - but still need that symbol. Yours sounds jolly good!

That said, excellent painting and great feel to your force. I fear the lack of cohesion might do it harm, but this is still something to keep an eye on - it might become as renouned as Exo's Word Bearers.

Thank you. :D If the Fallen become as famous as Exo's Word Bearers, I'd be a very happy bunny indeed!

Update:

So far today I've finished undercoating the Howling Griffon, and have highlighted the yellow.

Just in case you're wondering, the way I paint my yellow is as follows:

Undercoat black/white
One or two coats Golden Yellow
Highlight: Sunburst Yellow
Highlight: Bad Moon Yellow

I don't like mixing colours, so I try very hard to minimise it!

Thoughts on colour co-ordination throughout the force: metallic backpacks (at least half, if not all of the backpack) and Mark of Slaanesh on right greave/kneepad.

27-10-2006, 13:44
Ooh, that's a good idea. :) I've found a colour scheme - white, black helm, red gauntlets and belt - but still need that symbol. Yours sounds jolly good!

:lol:

Not many people know their heraldric colours. :P

I also seem to remember that the four-pointed star has a formal name, starburst, but that might just be me (it's not in traditional heraldrics, in any case).

Gen.Steiner
27-10-2006, 13:58
For those who don't, Aneutralshadeofblack is talking about a silver star on a black field - star argent on sable. :)

I like it. I think I'll run with it. :D

Gen.Steiner
31-10-2006, 02:21
ZOMG!

What am this?

Yes, it's an...

Update:

I have so far swapped the bolter on the Lamenter for the meltagun he was supposed to have, done more basic colours on the Scythe and the Griffon, and finished the Aspiring Champion of Troops 2.

Pictures follow. I've decided my Chosen and Aspiring Champions will be ex-1st Company of their respective chapters. It just makes sense to me, really.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/DSC00114.jpg
Aspiring Champion Tarel, late of 9th Squad, 1st Company, Iron Snakes. Front. I like the scar tissue on what's left of his head!

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/DSC00115.jpg
Tarel again, his right hand side. The blue squiggle above his squad number and Vet Company marking is the Iron Snake snake...

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/DSC00111.jpg
Left hand side. Nothing special. Purity seal and pointy fist, plus a couple of frag grenades.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/DSC00112.jpg
PIP: Howling Griffon and Scythes of the Emperor. I need Blood Red before I can finish them.

Next on the list is to finish the HG and SotE, then do a Rainbow Warrior and a Blood Raven (the geezer with the bolter and chainsword - Trust Your Battle-Brothers - in Troops 2).

McMullet
31-10-2006, 10:30
Yay! Howling Griffon! Quartered colours ftw! Good work on the yellow.

The face on the iron snake is very nice.

Couple of suggestions:

1. Add some non-metallic trim to Tarel. Big expanses of silver look a bit flat, if you break it up with some subtle trim (black would probably be good) I think it would make a big difference.

B. Try and find a "spot mode" for your camera's metering settings. Judging by the pics it's a decent camera, so it should have one. That way, the camera will take it's exposure settings for the thing in the centre of the image (i.e., the model) rather than exposing for the whole view, which includes the white background - that means that models themslves come out a bit dark.

Gen.Steiner
31-10-2006, 14:26
Yay! Howling Griffon! Quartered colours ftw! Good work on the yellow.

The face on the iron snake is very nice.

Thanks - the scar tissue was a last minute "hey, what if..." idea that turned out dead nice IMO. :) The Howling Griffon should be finished by tonight, pending purchase of Blood Red.

Couple of suggestions:

1. Add some non-metallic trim to Tarel. Big expanses of silver look a bit flat, if you break it up with some subtle trim (black would probably be good) I think it would make a big difference.

I think I'll tone down the chainmail loincloth thing with a couple of washes. I tried to break up the expanse with some brown and black washes around the armour's joins, but you can't really see them in the pic. Sadly, though, as the majority of Tarel's armour isn't banded, there's not many options there - the gold skulls were my compromise. I'll touch him up and photo him again tonight.

2. Try and find a "spot mode" for your camera's metering settings. Judging by the pics it's a decent camera, so it should have one. That way, the camera will take it's exposure settings for the thing in the centre of the image (i.e., the model) rather than exposing for the whole view, which includes the white background - that means that models themslves come out a bit dark.

Will do. I'm still figuring it out, and those pictures were taken at 1am or something, so hey ho. Next lot should be better ... I hope. :p

Thanks for the comment, by the way, it's always good to get responses (HINT HINT) as it motivates you to do stuff (HINT HINT).

McMullet
31-10-2006, 16:00
I think I'll tone down the chainmail loincloth thing with a couple of washes. I tried to break up the expanse with some brown and black washes around the armour's joins, but you can't really see them in the pic. Sadly, though, as the majority of Tarel's armour isn't banded, there's not many options there - the gold skulls were my compromise. I'll touch him up and photo him again tonight.

That would help, yes. I was also thinking of a few odd things like, say, the studs on the shoulderpad, vents, brackets, rivets, flanges, belts, buckles, braces, sneck lifters and other functional compnents of the armour that might need to be made of a different material and thus could be painted a different colour. It would really help the details jump out. :)

Will do. I'm still figuring it out, and those pictures were taken at 1am or something, so hey ho. Next lot should be better ... I hope. :p

Not a criticism at all, the photos are a lot better than a many that get posted here. Sometimes there's not much you can say except, "Well, yes, I can see the vague outline of a space marine there... well done." It's just a small and (I hope) easy thing that would improve the pics a lot. What camera are you using btw?

Thanks for the comment, by the way, it's always good to get responses (HINT HINT) as it motivates you to do stuff (HINT HINT).

Indeed. Now, DO STUFF.

Gen.Steiner
31-10-2006, 19:34
That would help, yes. I was also thinking of a few odd things like, say, the studs on the shoulderpad, vents, brackets, rivets, flanges, belts, buckles, braces, sneck lifters and other functional compnents of the armour that might need to be made of a different material and thus could be painted a different colour. It would really help the details jump out.

I had a look at Tarel, and the problem is... I've already done that! :p Wires are black, there's rust, his chainmail loincloth is backed in an off-white, his armour joints are black, his vents are stained brown and black, etc. Iron Snake armour is, well, flat metal, so there really isn't much I can do there.

Not a criticism at all, the photos are a lot better than a many that get posted here. Sometimes there's not much you can say except, "Well, yes, I can see the vague outline of a space marine there... well done." It's just a small and (I hope) easy thing that would improve the pics a lot. What camera are you using btw?

I'm using a Sony Cyber-shot 6.0 megapixel with Zeiss lens (hurrah for Zeiss Optik!). I don't really know about the spot thing, but I'm about to take some pictures of the newly-based (and thus Officially Finished) Tarel and the Lamenter. Which will follow this post. Hopefully they'll be ace. :)

Now, DO STUFF.

Your command is my... command? Sadly, I'm ill with the ague or something, so all I've done tonight is finish the Lamenter's meltagun, highlight Tarel's shoulderpad rim, rustify his loincloth, and base them both. Pics to follow. The Griffon et al will have to wait until I regain my health... :(

McMullet
31-10-2006, 20:36
I had a look at Tarel, and the problem is... I've already done that! :p Wires are black, there's rust, his chainmail loincloth is backed in an off-white, his armour joints are black, his vents are stained brown and black, etc. Iron Snake armour is, well, flat metal, so there really isn't much I can do there.

Of course, I saw that. I was just testing. :angel:

I'm using a Sony Cyber-shot 6.0 megapixel with Zeiss lens (hurrah for Zeiss Optik!). I don't really know about the spot thing, but I'm about to take some pictures of the newly-based (and thus Officially Finished) Tarel and the Lamenter. Which will follow this post. Hopefully they'll be ace. :)

Hope so. :)

It should be metering mode or something. If you have a choice, it'll be "evaluative", "multi-segment", "centre weighted average", "spot", etc. Choose spot and point the crosshair doodad right at the mini. Makes a lot of difference.

Sadly, I'm ill with the ague or something

Oh no! The ague! The only malady more deadly than man-flu...

Looking forward to the next set of pics. Get well soon!

Gen.Steiner
31-10-2006, 21:04
Right, as promised, images!

The Fallen Men now stand at three finished Space Marines, four finished Daemonettes, two undercoated Space Marines, two PiP Space Marines, nine assembled Space Marines and two unassembled Daemonettes...

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/DSC00117.jpg
Lamenter (now with Meltagun) and Tarel, front.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/DSC00118.jpg
Lamenter and Tarel, Chapter badges.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/DSC00119.jpg
Lamenter and Tarel, their other sides.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/DSC00120.jpg
Lamenter and Tarel, rear.

Nothing special this time I'm afraid, but look! They're based!

I've decided that they're going to be based on a desert world - which can also be a Daemonworld. So there won't be anything else added to their bases, although I may go wild with the Terminators (when I get them) and add stuff like skulls etc. Depends what I feel like, really.

As always, Comment and Criticism welcomed.

31-10-2006, 23:00
Nothing special? No need to; they both look awesome. This is definitely set to become the next Exo thread. :)

Gen.Steiner
31-10-2006, 23:35
Praise indeed! :) Thank you. I've just noticed that in my highlighting of the Lamenter's heart, I managed to put red paint on the white behind it. :cries: So I've touched that up (literally just now), and am about to attempt a free-hand version of the Howling Griffon's Griffon.

Wish me luck. *gulp*

Gen.Steiner
01-11-2006, 20:14
Update: Lo! and behold!

The Howling Griffon's shoulder pad was a complete **** to paint. :cries: The Griffon is too far over to the rear of the pad, the neck is too thin, and there isn't enough feathering of the wings.

That said... I do like the end result! I know in the photo it looks fat, but it's not - it's long. Tilt your head so you're looking at it with the base of the pad on the horizontal and you'll see. I hope.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/DSC00122.jpg
My copy (above) of the GW original, which is below:
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/Griffon.jpg

C&C welcomed, as usual. :)

Brush your teeth
01-11-2006, 21:03
lookin' good!

i agree that the griffon possibly looks a little chubby but i think the problem there is the GW one looks fat aswell :p

keep up the good work

Gen.Steiner
01-11-2006, 21:09
I've also noticed that I've applied the company numeral wrong. It's skewed - it should be running vertical when the Marine is standing straight, not vertical when his leg's bent.

Damn. Time for some repainting...! :rolleyes:

McMullet
01-11-2006, 22:15
Oops!

The freehand is mighty fine though. Something that might improve it would be to lighten the red around it a little, to increase the contrast a bit - you could do it very subtly and get a good effect, I think.

Erestor
01-11-2006, 22:53
I think the Griffon looks great, considering you only have to do one, who will notice (apart form you) that it's not "perfect". The squad numbers on the other hand... Ha, just kidding, I think you could have gotten away with it.

Gen.Steiner
02-11-2006, 01:27
Update: Well, because I'm a perfectionist freakazoid, I repainted the company number and Griffon, and replaced the rubbish '2' squad number with a proper cursive '4'.

Then I gave him brown, glaring eyes, sallow skin, and finished him off in general. Ladies and Gentlebeings, I give you the Howling Griffon!

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/DSC00123.jpg
Ex-Howling Griffon, late of 2nd Battle Company, 4th Tactical Squad. Note the corrupted bolter and leg greaves indicating his path winds close to the corrupting winds of Chaos...

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/DSC00125.jpg
...and, more particularly, Slaanesh: see the Mark? See how it burns, black as the void! Also have a gander at the #4.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/DSC00124.jpg
Right, back to the boring stuff. Chapter badge (highlighted!), now with thinner arms.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/DSC00126.jpg
Rear - nothing special. Very clean backpack, this.

So that's three of the Triumphant finished, with the fourth awaiting completion. Sadly, however, he'll have to wait until Monday, as I'm off home from Uni for a long weekend of R&R later today.

Until then, loyal readers, leave your grovelling supplications, ideas, and critiques within this thread! The Pantokrator's minions will consider them... and you. If you are blessed, then you will be rewarded! If not, well, let's just say that angry 28mm tall men will hunt you down...

bloodlust
02-11-2006, 06:51
Nice. Huge props for a quartered color scheme and I can't wait to see the more obscure chapters represented!

Gen.Steiner
07-11-2006, 20:56
Update:

Well, after a short hiatus, I've been doing more work. The Scythe of the Emperor is almost finished, and I bought the figures for Elites 1 and Troops 3 this afternoon - a box of Assault Marines, a box of Chaos Marines and a blister of a Space Marine with heavy bolter (as opposed to a plasma cannon :rolleyes:).

Making them in a bit, pictures to follow. Hopefully by the end of the day T3 will be if not finished, at least all built and undercoated...

07-11-2006, 22:14
hey !im glad u got the hev bolter intead of another plascannon:p any pics yet?

Getz
08-11-2006, 00:42
Ooh! Ooh! Can I get a Marine from my Chapter into your fallen?

Gowaan, you know you want to...

Gen.Steiner
08-11-2006, 00:48
Sure, if you tell me the name and colour scheme. :)

Getz
08-11-2006, 01:00
The Chapter's called the Knights Exemplar, this is their colour scheme:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v454/Getz/Marine%20Bits/Marine.jpg

That's Boltgun metal, Chaos Black and Ultramarines blue, by the way

Gen.Steiner
08-11-2006, 01:16
Done, no worries at all. :) What's the chapter badge? Do they use Codex markings, or is the colour of the Squad badge the company colour (which'd be pretty awesome thinking about it...)?

Getz
08-11-2006, 01:54
Okay, here's a picture of the chapter badge - hand painted on the shoulder pad and cunningly crafted in 3D on the Rhino door...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v454/Getz/Marine%20Bits/DSCN0388.jpg

And these are the squad markings...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v454/Getz/Marine%20Bits/DSCN0390.jpg

My chapter are deviant heretical scum and so use a somewhat irregular marking scheme. Instead of Companies there so Houses and the Marines bear the symbol of their House - in this case the Skull symbol of the House of Mortis.

Underneath that are the squad markings, only they're not squads, they're Brotherhoods. So this particular Marine is a member of the Eighth Brotherhood of the House of Mortis (there are ten Brotherhoods to an House, the First Brotherhood is the command squad, three of the Brotherhoods will be assault squads without Jump packs and the other six simple Tactical Squads. There are no Devestator Squads within the Knights Exemplar).

The red colours are constant across the entire chapter, being symbolic of the Emperors blood. On the whole they're a very pious lot, even if they are deviant heretical scum...

Oh, and the Chapter as a whole venerates the Sword as a badge of martial honour - all full Marines of the Knights Exemplar carry a sword, regardless of their postion within the chapter...

Gen.Steiner
08-11-2006, 02:23
Excellent, expect to see a Knight Exemplar in Troops 2 then. :)

Update:

After cutting open one of the fingers on my right hand (why must knives be sharp!) and while listening to the exhilerating Radio 4 coverage of the US Mid-Term elections, I have finished putting together the last two men of Troops 3 (The Triumphant) and assembled most of the Elites - although I still need a plastic flamer and meltagun (sitting in my bits box... 100 miles away!) and to make a Rapturous Standard.

Pictures!

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/DSC00139.jpg
The PIP Scythe, the Aspiring Champion (note the right-handed power fist, I like the Assault Marine sprue) and the heavy bolter marine. I wish I'd used a more obviously chaotic body now - I forgot I wouldn't be able to use a Chaos-y backpack.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/DSC00140.jpg
Half of Elites 1 - Frothing loonies! Free e-biscuit to the first person to spot the teleport homer. Still to come, a flamer, meltagun, and standard...

Gen.Steiner
08-11-2006, 23:43
Update:

I finished (sort of) Elites 1. I still need to drill a hole in the standard bearer's right hand so he can carry the Rapturous Standard and I don't have a flamer or meltagun for the two empty-handed Marines, but ... soon. Anyone got any spares? :chrome:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/DSC00149.jpg
L-R: Meltagunner, standard bearer (warped by the power of the standard!), flamer operator.

Next - painted models, again!

Gen.Steiner
09-11-2006, 02:47
Update:

My god, it's 2:38am GMT and I need to be up in a few hours. So what am I doing? Painting toy soldiers and taking photographs of them. SALUTE MY DEDICATION, peons!

Finished the last basic trooper from the Triumphant, the long-awaited Scythe of the Emperor. I've also block-undercoated two more of Troops 2 - a Blood Raven and a Novamarine. Not particularly obscure, but you don't see Novamarine armies every time you walk into a GW, do you?

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/DSC00150.jpg
Scythe of the Emperor, front. Note Company Colour kneepad (4th Battle Company) and the grey casing on the boltgun. I'm quite pleased with the soft grey highlights on the black armour.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/DSC00151.jpg
Scythe of the Emperor, Chapter badge. Turned out nice, this.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/DSC00152.jpg
Scythe of the Emperor, rear. I like the contrast between the yellow and the metal of his backpack, especially as the yellow's very deep and rich. Amusing Trivia: As I based him, I'd just finished the backpack's yellow. Which, of course, I then proceeded to drop into the tub of sand. D'oh! Cue much swearing and the removal of a layer of sand and the repainting of the yellow. I may yet add more highlights to the top section of the backpack.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/DSC00153.jpg
Scythe of the Emperor, tactical badge. 5th Squad.

Gen.Steiner
09-11-2006, 02:49
Oh bloody hell, the pictures are bloody blurred again. :mad: ***** it. It's 2:48 am now. :p

Last part of the Update:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/DSC00154.jpg
Novamarine and Blood Raven, both Fallen Men from Troops 2.

Brush your teeth
09-11-2006, 07:40
looking very nice

and im sure i could find you a flamer and meltagun that ill send out to you if you want, PM me if interested

Getz
09-11-2006, 09:24
SALUTE MY DEDICATION, peons!

Right...

I'm marching all three of my Guard Regiments past you right now in a crazy red square stylee.

Now look...

Eyes Right!

They're all saluting you - I hope you now feel suitably honoured...

McMullet
09-11-2006, 10:09
What a strange mental image...

The deep shade between the metal and the yellow is what makes it for me.

Good work, keep it up!

09-11-2006, 10:42
This begs the question...

Are you taking any more custom chapters to incorporate in there? :P

Gen.Steiner
09-11-2006, 12:08
Right...

I'm marching all three of my Guard Regiments past you right now in a crazy red square stylee.

Now look...

Eyes Right!

They're all saluting you - I hope you now feel suitably honoured...

*salutes back*

Glory to your men! :D

This begs the question...

Are you taking any more custom chapters to incorporate in there? :P

Yes, yes I am. Feel free to provide me with details of colour scheme and chapter badge, and see your creations warped to the dark side! AHAHAHAHA! Ahem. Yes. As I was saying... :p

09-11-2006, 13:01
Yes, yes I am. Feel free to provide me with details of colour scheme and chapter badge, and see your creations warped to the dark side! AHAHAHAHA! Ahem. Yes. As I was saying... :p

I have only one request: that you feature no visible mutations on the marine. Just make it a regular marine in regular marine armour; if he doesn't stick out too much, that is. Anyway, blurb:

The Sons of Liberty have been wiped out, but their ideals have survived where the supermen have not. Reborn from the ashes of their chapter under a new name, elements from the first, second and fifth company have come to be know as the Crimson Company, a tightly knit band of agents provocateurs who wander the galaxy planting the seed of hope and enlightenment in the hearts of Men. There is no length to which they will not go to to free the people of the Imperium from the tyranny of the High Lords of Terra and the dictates of their long-dead despot. The few who survived have taken a vow never to judge the enemies or their enemy - and so some find themselves fighting alongside the renegade legions, aiding rebel lords or giving xenos critical information on Imperial defences, all in furtherance of the Cause.

There's a bit more about the Sons of Liberty here (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34888) (I never got around to writing the IA. I'm still planning to do it), including their colour scheme.

The Sons of Liberty chapter badge is a wreath wrapped around a flame, and I could never Photochop it into existence, so a sucky proxy will have to do. I've added it to the SoL thread.

The Crimson Company "badge" is a barely modified version of the above that adds a sword vertically through the flame:

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g273/Aneutralshadeofblack/ccbadge.gif

Hopefully you get an idea of what it's meant to look like despite my suckiness. Incidentally, that sword should have a gold hilt and a metallic blade, but .gif limitations mean I can't add yellow or grey in, for some reason.

Edit: it goes without saying that the crossguard isn't lopsided and the hilt isn't that short. I hope. :(

ankellagung
11-11-2006, 05:46
For those who don't, Aneutralshadeofblack is talking about a silver star on a black field - star argent on sable. :)

Or white, no?

Asi the Red
11-11-2006, 06:34
Hey ya'.

Glad to see the Fighting Tigers and Warseers on your list of soon to be fallen, and I think someone else already recommended an Emperor's Pointy Stick marine. I'd like to request a Praetor of Orpheus, their paintscheme and crest can be found on the GW site in the big article of marine chapters.

Gen.Steiner
11-11-2006, 12:50
Or white, no?

Yep - silver is white in heraldry, but some places e.g. Portugal have used silver and white as two seperate colours.

Hey ya'.

Glad to see the Fighting Tigers and Warseers on your list of soon to be fallen, and I think someone else already recommended an Emperor's Pointy Stick marine. I'd like to request a Praetor of Orpheus, their paintscheme and crest can be found on the GW site in the big article of marine chapters.

Done and done. I'd been thinking about them anyway. :D

I shall have another update fairly soon, I've had Real Life (curse it!) intrude into my painting recently.

ashc
11-11-2006, 14:36
Hey Steiner, just thought I would throw in a 'damn im liking what your doing' comment. ;)

Good Stuff and consider this thread subscribed to.

Ash

Gen.Steiner
13-11-2006, 00:42
Shock! An Update:

Have had not much time to do painting lately, but tonight I did a bit. Highlighted the base colours of the Novamarine and the Blood Raven, then sketched in the Novamarine chapter and tactical badges. The Novamarine chapter badge includes a skull, which I've always been really bad at drawing, let alone freehanding, so I'm not really looking forwards to that. :( On the plus side, the blue and bone-white looks dead good (although I think I've done the blue a bit too light, but hey, what the hell, I like the end result!).

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/DSC00168.jpg
Novamarine (L) and Blood Raven (R). Front view, nowt special.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/DSC00170.jpg
Novamarines' Chapter Badge... skull is yet to be touched up and finished. Note that the 5th Company number is rendered in dots. Not sure if I like that.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/DSC00169.jpg
Novamarines' Tactical Badge. Note that the squad number (1) is written out.

malika
13-11-2006, 01:07
It would be cool to also see a fallen Maledictor, the Space Marines from the Anargo Sector Project. (see my sig for more info) I dont know if you would be interested in making a single fallen Marine a Maledictor, but if you are this is their scheme:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v179/CELS83/Anargo%20Sector%20Project/Maledictors/Tactical2.jpg

Here (http://img19.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=75628_Maledictor_Black_122_440lo.jpg ) you can find a detailed picture of the Chapter logo of the Maledictors. Here (http://wiki.anargo-sector.net/images/f/f5/Brutalis-bigmarinesmall.jpg) you can find a picture of how a Maledictor would look like and how the grey scheme (its very dark grey so this pic has a bit of artistic freedom) doesnt have to be boring! :)

McMullet
13-11-2006, 10:56
The blue and bone look very nice. Really well shaded.

I think you did a good job on that chapter badge, especially for someone who claims to be bad at freehanding skulls...

Gen.Steiner
13-11-2006, 11:03
A Maledictor, eh? No sweat. I'll see what I can do. :)

Hehe, McMullet, if you could see that skull from the proper angle... I'm going to shade it and redo the eye sockets and teeth today. I also need to touch up the white halo bit.

Brush your teeth
13-11-2006, 11:10
looking good Gen.Steiner any chance of a group shot for what youve done so far?

Gen.Steiner
13-11-2006, 11:20
Brush Your Teeth, your wish is my command. Not much, though...! 4 Daemonettes, 4 Marines, and two PIP. The rest (except two Daemonettes) are built but not undercoated. I'm still waiting for my HQ and Heavy Support.

However...

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/DSC00171.jpg
Group Shot!

13-11-2006, 11:44
Not much? It's still bloody good. :P When can we expect the additional marines (if you get my drift, and if you still plan to incorporate them) to show up? ;)

Gen.Steiner
13-11-2006, 11:57
Not much? It's still bloody good. :P When can we expect the additional marines (if you get my drift, and if you still plan to incorporate them) to show up? ;)

Why thank you. :)

Additional marines? Um... the ones that people have requested - Maledictor, Knights Exemplar and Sons of Liberty - are next on my list.

The ones that I need to buy will have to wait until I have money to buy them with! :p

Verergoca
13-11-2006, 12:26
Hmm. Havent posted here in a long time.

Anyways, Cool (notice the capital) project! Was just wondering, will there be such classics as Space Sharks and Rainbow Warriors amongst these fella's?

13-11-2006, 13:03
Um... the ones that people have requested - Maledictor, Knights Exemplar and Sons of Liberty - are next on my list.

Those were the ones I was refering to. I was hoping I hadn't asked for too much and put you off doing requested marines, is all. :p

Gen.Steiner
13-11-2006, 13:52
Hmm. Havent posted here in a long time.

Anyways, Cool (notice the capital) project! Was just wondering, will there be such classics as Space Sharks and Rainbow Warriors amongst these fella's?

A Space Shark and Rainbow Warrior will both be represented, have no fear.

Those were the ones I was refering to. I was hoping I hadn't asked for too much and put you off doing requested marines, is all. :p

Haha, no, not at all!

Lancaster
16-11-2006, 01:51
How about a Mentor Legion Marine?

Gen.Steiner
16-11-2006, 02:03
Mentor Legion... I think I may have planned for one of those. Not sure. Might've been the Mantis Legion instead. :)

Speaking of Legions, I'm thiiiiiiiis: [ ] close to finishing the Novamarine and Blood Raven. Expect an update before dawn! :D

cerealkiller195
16-11-2006, 04:27
have to add my personal faves Sons of Medusa! if i didnt hate making regular marines i would have made that force a glorious one! that and if i didn't sell teh force for some more ork project money.

Gen.Steiner
16-11-2006, 05:27
Sons of Medusa are definitely on the list. I lied about the update - instead, I'm going to bed. Then, update later.

Goodnight, adoring fans! :p

MalusCalibur
02-12-2006, 00:54
I'd be honoured if you could include a member of my custom chapter in this project (which I'm very impressed thus far by!)

Called the Stormcallers, this is their colour scheme:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/MalusCalibur/Stormcaller.png

That's Regal Blue armour with Mithril Silver greaves/rims.
(Agh: I've just noticed that I forgot to colour the left hand, it should be blue like the rest of the armour)

The badge is as follows:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/MalusCalibur/StormcallerBadge.png

A little Mithril Silver lightning bolt.

Would be great to see it done, thanks in advance :)

Gen.Steiner
02-12-2006, 01:01
Woops! Not updated for ages...

...because I've not done anything on them for ages. :cries:

Stormcallers, eh? I shall see what I can do. :)

Update:

I Mail Ordered - and recieved today - a Rapturous Standard to use as the Chosen unit's Icon. Now all I need is a standard pole...

At the moment I'm painting 28mm American War of Independance British and - intermittently - terminators.

I shall endeavour to get the Blood Raven and Novamarine finally finished this week, university work permitting.

Dakkagor
31-12-2006, 18:47
I would be honoured if you could include a revenants marine in your traitor band.

Colour scheme is black, with blue shoulder trim (left should pad) and blue shoulder infill (right shoulder pad) Squad markings go on the right side, the chapter symbol (a white skull) should go on the left.

This is an awesome idea for a project, and I look forward to seeing it completed! Good luck!

:has his orks do a "lotz of gunz" salute:

Gen.Steiner
31-12-2006, 19:53
You'll have to wait a while, but I shall - as always - see what I can do. :) Thanks for the support! Expect more on this to be done sometime in the next couple of weeks as I return to University and escape from the temptations of Dryads, Grymn, naked fantasy women, and Imperial Guard. Not to mention Spencer Smith Miniatures' Seven Years War...!

malika
02-01-2007, 00:56
Totally awesome that you might be doing a Maledictor! One little note though, if you are going to make a Terminator model please paint him black then because the Maledictors' First Company are black. But all other figures are dark grey with silver ingravings.

Gen.Steiner
02-01-2007, 13:02
Totally awesome that you might be doing a Maledictor! One little note though, if you are going to make a Terminator model please paint him black then because the Maledictors' First Company are black. But all other figures are dark grey with silver ingravings.

The Terminators will all be from First Founding Legions, e.g. Dark Angels, Ultramarines and Imperial Fists - if, however, I do the Maledictor as an Aspiring Champion then he will be a 1st Cpy Veteran in black. Thanks for the info though, it's much appreciated! :)

malika
03-01-2007, 19:08
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v179/CELS83/Anargo%20Sector%20Project/Maledictors/Veteran2.jpg

Here you go, the armour also has silver ingravings. But since these are renegades you could perhaps include silver coloured Chaos marking in there.

Zzarchov
03-01-2007, 19:40
Please, PLEASE, add at least one Christmas Marine :)

Gen.Steiner
03-01-2007, 23:10
Oh, he's definitely in :p

Gen.Steiner
25-02-2007, 22:43
BY SHAARNOR! It's an update! :eek:

Well, I finally finished the Novamarine. I'm not happy with the skull in the chapter badge, but I do like the rest of him. Yes, this marks a return to the Fallen Men, and I hope to get the Blood Raven done next. Hurrah!

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/DSC00616.jpg
Front - Chest eagle in the company colour, quartered scheme came out nicely.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/DSC00618.jpg
Chapter badge - ignore the goofy skull, please...

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/DSC00617.jpg
Tactical badge, mark of Slaanesh.

Thoughts?

Asi the Red
25-02-2007, 23:47
Hey ya'.

They're Back! Finally!

Pics look a bit dark, the skull is slightly goofy...
But otherwise great work I'd say.

And can't wait to see the Blood Raven!

Gen.Steiner
26-02-2007, 00:16
Just because I could:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/DSC00622.jpg

Group shot! As you can see I've a lot to do and I've still not got the whole force. Next unit to buy is probably the HQ unit - six Terminators - so that I can play a game or two once I get two of the troops units painted up.

What do people reckon of the force?

RAM_mit
26-02-2007, 13:08
Really interesting work, I daresay!
As a kid, I toyed with the idea of doing a marine for each and every named chapter, but your idea puts such a mass of disjointed and unrelated geneseed to practical use too! :D
Woohoo thread subscribed ;)

Gen.Steiner
26-02-2007, 13:12
Hurrah! Thank you. People taking an interest means I paint more. ;) Hopefully there'll be pics of a Blood Raven up later - or failing that at least some pics of Traitor Guardsmen. Something chaos-y for sure.

Issanhaven
27-02-2007, 09:17
You, my friend, make me jealous. This is almost exactly the sort of project I wanted to do, but could never afford it. I shall keep watching!

Gen.Steiner
27-02-2007, 10:44
I'm glad that the Fallen Men are of interest. :) I've just noticed that in the big picture of the whole army the Aspiring Champions in the elite choice and the first troops choice are swapped - the elite Asp Champ has the plasma pistol and power fist, the troops Asp Champ has a combi-bolter and power sword. D'oh. I should've spotted that, but hey ho.

I keep saying this, but Blood Raven or other stuff up soon.

bram kuijpers
27-02-2007, 11:41
they look prety awsome keep up the good work:D

Gen.Steiner
15-03-2007, 22:54
I'm thiiiiiiiis: [ ] close to finishing the ... Blood Raven.

Well, I finally finished him.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/DSC00850.jpg
Front.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/DSC00852.jpg
Back.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/DSC00853.jpg
Chapter Badge.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/DSC00851.jpg
Tactical Badge.

I've scheduled two games - 500 and 750 point mini-campaign! - for next Sunday so expect to see a LOT of updates between now and then...! As always, comments and criticism welcomed.

I was a bit miffed to discover that the Blood Ravens don't seem to differentiate their companies or squads, but they do have writing on their shoulderpads so that's not so bad. I put in a couple of small eight-point stars just to underline his heresy.

Next up, I've undercoated five more Marines which will finish off two of the Troops choices. Not sure what they'll be yet, mind you.

Messiah
15-03-2007, 23:54
Any celestial lions planned? :)

Gen.Steiner
15-03-2007, 23:57
Yep - one in the works at the moment actually. :)

Currently I'm painting an Executioner, a Son of Medusa, a Celestial Lion (veteran), a Skull Bearer and (possibly) an Astral Claw.

Messiah
16-03-2007, 00:18
Nice to hear. They are definitely a favourite. :)

Gen.Steiner
16-03-2007, 01:05
Painting in progress:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/DSC00855.jpg
L-R: Relictor, Son of Medusa, Executioner (Badab War colour scheme), Exorcist (Badab War colour scheme) and a Celestial Lion veteran.

Thoughts? :)

Easy E
16-03-2007, 09:12
Good to see this back.

Can we see some squad shots?
How do you keep the different units looking coherent?
How does the army look as a whole, what do you use to help unify them?

I think this army really fits the concept of a Chaos "warband" to a T.

bram kuijpers
16-03-2007, 09:14
i love it just LOVE IT!

Gen.Steiner
16-03-2007, 10:19
Good to see this back.

Why thank you. :)

Can we see some squad shots?

Your wish is my command. Expect those later today.

How do you keep the different units looking coherent?

With difficulty! I try and keep the backpacks mostly metal. The bases are the same style, which helps, as does the Mark of Slaanesh on the right knee/greave. Another thing I'm trying is to keep particular colours present - for example, one of the Troops units has a lot of yellow and is led by the Celestial Lion (gold) and another has a lot of white/bone and is led by the Iron Snake (silver).

How does the army look as a whole, what do you use to help unify them?

As a whole, it looks very motley. The bases and Marks of Slaanesh are really the only unifying factor - that and the fact that they're all Space Marines, of course.

I think this army really fits the concept of a Chaos "warband" to a T.

Then I have succeeded [/enigmatic voice]

Gen.Steiner
16-03-2007, 11:17
This is a double post for which I'm only slightly sorry.

I HATE MOULD LINES.

A lot. :mad: I've had to take the Celestial Lion's combi-bolter off him, remove two really prominent mould lines, and repaint the bastard before sticking it back on. Which is a PAIN IN THE ****. :cries:

On the plus side, the Son of Medusa's coming along nicely and the Executioner camo is pleasingly baffling. Blue and white with grey spots on the blue!? Ace.

Pictures up shortlyish I hope.

EDIT:

Some pictures!

Troops 3, The Triumphant:
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/DSC00856.jpg
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/DSC00857.jpg
Front, L-R: Exorcist (Badab War); Aspiring Champion Marran, late of the Celestial Lions; Lamenter.
Rear, L-R: Scythe of Sotha; Minotaur; Howling Griffon.

Gen.Steiner
16-03-2007, 12:13
Triple post, but it's more pictures, so that's OK!

Some close-up shots of Marran, the Celestial Lion.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/DSC00861.jpg
Front.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/DSC00858.jpg
Chapter badge (I'm pleased with this) and Company number (1st).

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/DSC00860.jpg
Veteran badge - 5th Squad.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/DSC00859.jpg
Rear.

As usual, comments and criticism appreciated.

Gen.Steiner
16-03-2007, 12:16
Quadruple post! :eek:

Last one for a few hours tho' so that's not too much of a problem. :angel:

Troops 2, The Glorious:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/DSC00862.jpg
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/DSC00863.jpg
Front, L-R: Relictor; Aspiring Champion Tarel, late of the Iron Snakes; Executioner (Badab War).
Rear, L-R: Son of Medusa; Blood Raven; Novamarine.

Thoughts?

kenny3760
16-03-2007, 12:33
Just caught up with this project and it's an absolute brilliant idea. The painting and modelling is spot on as well. Keep it going sir, your doing a grand job.

El Presedente
16-03-2007, 13:46
Whats your game plan for the female fighting tiger? Female head yes? Ah but from where?

Getz
16-03-2007, 14:22
Where's my Knight Exemplar! :p

Gen.Steiner
16-03-2007, 18:25
Just caught up with this project and it's an absolute brilliant idea. The painting and modelling is spot on as well. Keep it going sir, your doing a grand job.

Why thank you. :) Comments keep me painting, people! Hint hint...

Whats your game plan for the female fighting tiger? Female head yes? Ah but from where?

My spares box, probably. Failing that I'll get one from Hasslefree Miniatures. I won't bother altering the breastplate, for fairly obvious reasons I would hope.

Where's my Knight Exemplar! :p

Coming, don't worry. :) Troops 1 will be the Requests unit. That's a Knight Exemplar, a Stormcaller, and one or two others...

El Presedente
16-03-2007, 21:18
I can't wait

moredakkadakka
16-03-2007, 21:27
i think that investing in a foundation paint set would greatly improve your painting. other than that they are awsome p.s im not a gw staff member

Imp of High Noon
17-03-2007, 03:50
So what's the boss going to look like?

Easy E
17-03-2007, 10:16
Love the use of obscure chapters.

Does Gen. Steiner by chance own the old Compendium? I love the Minotaur from the Badab War (IIRC).

Brush your teeth
17-03-2007, 11:12
Why thank you. :) Comments keep me painting, people! Hint hint...

GENERIC COMPLEMETARY COMMENT

they look good so far, cant wait too see more :)

torso777
17-03-2007, 16:27
What, no Rainbow Warriors!!!!??

I like the theme and the painting is quite good. You are insane for hand painting all of those shoulder pads.

Gen.Steiner
17-03-2007, 16:46
moredakkadakka - Given that a pot of GW acrylic is 2, and my financial situation currently looks like this:

OVR - 25.89

Which means I'm about 75 in hock to the bank. So I won't be getting any foundation paints any time soon if at all! :p

Imp of High Noon - Not really sure yet. The Pantokrator wears Terminator armour, wields lightning claws and has random other stuff. I may wait until the much-rumoured Chaos Terminators come out in plastic.

Easy E - No, I don't, but I wish I did...

Brush Your Teeth - :D

torso777 - No Rainbow Warriors yet... ;)

Right, enough of that, update time:

I've transferred from my Halls of Residence in London to Warwick, so will put more pretty pictures up tonight once I start painting again. The aim is to get Troops 2 and 3 finished this weekend, so as I said before, expect a flurry of updates and keep the compliments/criticism coming, it's all welcomed and often helpful!

Angel Robertson
17-03-2007, 17:42
Do you pan on tying them all together with something or will that be done through basing?

AR

Kraal_Lord_Of_Blood
17-03-2007, 18:42
Any room for a shadow marine?:angel:

Gen.Steiner
17-03-2007, 18:53
Shadow Marine? If you furnish me with details of their colour scheme and heraldry, I will see. :) There's four slots left in the 'Requests' unit - Troops 1 - so the likelihood is, yes, I will put one in.

As far as unification goes: they've all got the Mark of Slaanesh on their right greave or knee, and all have the same base style. That's enough, I think.

Kraal_Lord_Of_Blood
17-03-2007, 21:58
Well.. Basically they are Black with grey highlights(making them look like shades/shadows) with blood red text here and there.. (such as "sinner" or "murderer" and such..crimes so to speak) No heraldry to speak of^^

ZAChos
17-03-2007, 22:12
as much as the modeling side is great, and the idea is awesome, don't you think a missile launcher/flamer combo is a bit fruity?

Gen.Steiner
17-03-2007, 22:20
Fruity? :confused:

It's useful - flamer for up-close anti-personnel work, the rocket for anti-tank and the odd popping of closely grouped infantry at range.

ZAChos
17-03-2007, 22:40
So you'll probably only be firing one per turn? I personally avoid flamers in everything but real close up troops, because there's usually a better thing to buy for squads you're trying to keep out of assault range. At the same time, keeping your rocket launchers out of combat tends to be a pretty good idea too.

Mind you, I've never let good army selection get in the way of losing extremely convincingly to an imperial guard army.

Gen.Steiner
17-03-2007, 22:51
Bof! If the rocket launcher is in range, the bolters're likely to be out of range anyway. The flame-thrower is a useful weapon, and the Fallen Men are not shy of cracking skulls...:evilgrin:

Tactics I intend to use run something like this:

Pour fire into the enemy.
Advance to contact.
Slay them and send their souls to the warp in the name of She, the Lord of Pleasure, and His servant, the Pantokrator.

What could be better, then, than a flame-thrower? :angel:

Messiah
17-03-2007, 23:10
Cool, even though the bronze looks a bit off on the Celestial, it does look a lot more chaosy. Great character of the army! :)

Joewrightgm
18-03-2007, 04:19
awesome. simply awesome. I bow to your patience and superior painting prowess.

Gen.Steiner
18-03-2007, 21:46
Right, an update! First of (hopefully) a few tonight.

I finished the Celestial Lion, after re-painting his helmet in the correct Veteran Sergeant colours having realised that not only is gold not correct for a Celestial Lion (who have blue heads), but that it's certainly wrong for a sergeant of the Veteran 1st. Woops.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/DSC00870.jpg
Celestial Lion front. Note the correct codex-approved helmet colouration, and fragmentation grenades.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/DSC00871.jpg
Celestial Lion - tactical badge. Veteran cross (black on blue), 5th squad. Also the Mark of Slaanesh on the greave.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/DSC00872.jpg
Rear. Clean metal backpack and dull golden armour.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/DSC00873.jpg
Chapter badge. I'm not too happy with the jaw, it seems very bare, but that's how GW have painted it, so... c'est la vie. Note also the Company number on his greave.

Gen.Steiner
18-03-2007, 21:49
OK, this is a painting in progress update.

I would just like to say that if I ever find the man responsible for designing the Badab War colour scheme of the Exorcists', I will tear his arm off and beat him to death with the soggy end.

Then make a red/white chequered pattern with his blood. :)

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/DSC00874.jpg
Exorcist - note the hideously complex black/white chequerboard edging to the shoulder pad. Took bloody ages that.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/DSC00875.jpg
The Heavy Bolter! Tactical badge is one of those horizontal double-ended arrows, they're quite fun.

As always, thoughts? C&C? I'm going to stop blowing up the pictures, it makes the models fuzzy and loses detail. Ah well.

El Presedente
18-03-2007, 23:26
the Exorcist looks a bit like a Imperial Fist at the moment, I assume details are going to make him stand out yes?

Easy E
19-03-2007, 07:27
Nice free handing on the Celestial Lion, General. I'm envious.

What's the chapter insignia for the Exorcists?

Also, didn't they have a different color scheme in the Battle for Armageddon?

Edit: Answer to the second question here: http://www.armageddon3.com/English/Campaign/Troops/exorcists.html

Gen.Steiner
19-03-2007, 14:04
An update! One of several, so prepare for some more double-posting fun.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/DSC00876.jpg
Exorcist - front. Heavy bolter in black and metal.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/DSC00877.jpg
Exorcist's tactical badge. 1st Squad. The Gothic reads "Ex. Dom. Su."

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/DSC00878.jpg
Exorcist's rear; backpack with fiddly bits done in brass (bolt shells) and metallics.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/DSC00879.jpg
Exorcist's (not yet finished) Chapter pad. Need to find out what the symbol is - I think it's a little demon head in black with red details, not sure though.

the Exorcist looks a bit like a Imperial Fist at the moment, I assume details are going to make him stand out yes?

Yep - the black snout of his beak, blue shoulderpad and the chapter badge (when I paint it) will do that nicely.

Nice free handing on the Celestial Lion, General.

Thanks - the growly lion badge was a bit of a pain but had nothing on the chequerboard Exorcist... *shudders*

What's the chapter insignia for the Exorcists?

I couldn't remember last night, so I'm adding it in today. Woops!

Gen.Steiner
19-03-2007, 14:09
Just read that bit on the Exorcists in the 3rd Armageddon War. Seems someone's not paying attention to their own background! 3rd Armageddon was after the Badab War, which they fought in (despite, apparently, not existing...) and according to that list the Exorcists had 12 (!) companies on Armageddon.

Still, now I can do the chapter badge. :)

Squad shots! Troops 3 is complete - thoughts?

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/DSC00880.jpg
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/DSC00881.jpg
Front, L-R: Exorcist; Celestial Lion; Lamenter.
Rear, L-R: Minotaur; Scythe of Sotha; Howling Griffon.

Gen.Steiner
19-03-2007, 14:16
Yet more! I was a busy bunny last night...

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/DSC00882.jpg
Son of Medusa and Relictor, front. I'm particularly pleased with the bloodied bandage and the Son's gold trim on his chestplate.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/DSC00883.jpg
Tactical badges. Note the Relictor's lack of squad or company numbers, due to the penitence scheme worn by the Chapter.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/DSC00884.jpg
Rear. Nothing special really. Look, rockets!

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/DSC00885.jpg
Chapter badges. Again with the "oops I can't remember!" - that'll be rectified today as well. I think it's a skull inside a white halo, but I want to check rather than have to repaint the bugger. Dead chuffed with the Relictor's chapter badge tho'.

Arhalien
19-03-2007, 14:23
Do I detect good photography Steiner? :p

Those look nice; how many different colour schemes do you have at the current moment?

I look forward to more :)

Gen.Steiner
Squad shot! Troops 2 (almost) finished - just one chapter badge and an Executioner to go...

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/DSC00886.jpg
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/DSC00887.jpg
Front, L-R: Relictor; Iron Snake; Executioner.
Rear, L-R: Son of Medusa; Blood Raven; Novamarine.

Next up! Executioner PiP!

ArtificerArmour
You're right on the sons of medusa badge :p

I like your squad of mainly yellow marines - are you doing that for all your squads, basing them on one colour?

Gen.Steiner
19-03-2007, 14:27
Executioner, almost finished. E-cookie to the first person to correctly identify his Company and Squad, and another to the first person to tell me where the Tactical badge is.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/DSC00888.jpg
Front. Note camo, and purity seals.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/DSC00889.jpg
Tactical badge and a shot of his head.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/DSC00890.jpg
Rear. I based the fan with Tin Bitz then went over it in Chainmail and Mithril Silver, came out nice I thought.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/DSC00891.jpg
Chapter badge. Again with the lack of memory! Still, at least I've not based this 'un.

Arhalien
19-03-2007, 14:32
Crazy scheme. IMO the armour plates need definition, or is that something which you're still planning to do?

Gen.Steiner
19-03-2007, 14:37
Those look nice; how many different colour schemes do you have at the current moment?

I look forward to more

Not sure about the photography myself, but thanks! :) At the moment there are 12 schemes either finished or almost finished, and more are on their way.

You're right on the sons of medusa badge

Bum! Oh well... :p

I like your squad of mainly yellow marines - are you doing that for all your squads, basing them on one colour?

I wasn't going to originally, but it worked well with Troops 3. We shall see. Troops 2 hasn't really got that to the same extent - they've all got white (or bone) in their scheme somewhere, but they're not mostly white/bone unlike Troops 3.

Crazy scheme. IMO the armour plates need definition, or is that something which you're still planning to do?

Nah, I'm leaving them as is - it is camouflage, after all! That said, I have considered some blacklining... not sure yet. :)

Arhalien
19-03-2007, 14:40
IMO blakclining would help a lot, as they look atm like he's just fallen into a vat of camo paint and not moved since they came out :p

Matt_stanley75
19-03-2007, 15:23
I know I'm late on this, but the celestial lion came out quite well. I love that chapter's color scheme.

Cadian 21st
19-03-2007, 21:43
Executioner, almost finished. E-cookie to the first person to correctly identify his Company and Squad, and another to the first person to tell me where the Tactical badge is.

- The tactical badge (as you noted in the picture) is on his right shoulder, near the back. He's in the 5th squad (right shoulder), 7th company (left greave) - I think... I'm not too great at identifying the numbers, nor do I know much about that (or any) SM Chapter.

- The Executioner looks fantastic! His Mark of Slaanesh looks a little wobbly though (top right of the circle, and bottom of the right prong). So does the Relictor's bandages! All of your guys are fantastic, and totally "rag-taggedy!"

- I'm not sure if this will help you, but what I do to differentiate my squads is paint the trim of the base a different colour. Something you may want to consider - and it's really quite a simple and obvious difference :evilgrin:.

Gen.Steiner
19-03-2007, 22:10
- The tactical badge (as you noted in the picture) is on his right shoulder, near the back. He's in the 5th squad (right shoulder), 7th company (left greave) - I think... I'm not too great at identifying the numbers, nor do I know much about that (or any) SM Chapter.

Are the right answers! Here are your e-cookies, don't eat them all at once.

O O

- The Executioner looks fantastic! His Mark of Slaanesh looks a little wobbly though (top right of the circle, and bottom of the right prong). So does the Relictor's bandages! All of your guys are fantastic, and totally "rag-taggedy!"

Wobbliness noted - I'll see what I can do when I put the chapter badge on later tonight. :) Glad you're liking the look.

- I'm not sure if this will help you, but what I do to differentiate my squads is paint the trim of the base a different colour. Something you may want to consider - and it's really quite a simple and obvious difference :evilgrin:.

Hmm. I may end up doing that, or just writing "Glorious", "Triumphant" and "Victorious" etc on their bases at the rear so I can see. Depends how things go game-wise I suspect...!

Cadian 21st
19-03-2007, 22:15
Are the right answers! Here are your e-cookies, don't eat them all at once.

- Thankee!

Wobbliness noted

- Top left of the circle, sorry.

Glad you're liking the look.

- Lol, have you seen my Guard army? Similar idea :D.

Hmm. I may end up doing that, or just writing "Glorious", "Triumphant" and "Victorious" etc on their bases at the rear so I can see

- That would work very well.

Gen.Steiner
19-03-2007, 23:05
OK, minor updateish:

I've worked out the Executioner's chapter badge, and will shortly be painting that. The next six marines, in Troops 1, will be:

A Knight Exemplar, a Son of Liberty (or Crimson Company member), a Maledictor, a Revenant, a Stormcaller and a Shadow Marine... or a Fighting Tiger.

I found a cunnin' way around the Fighting Tiger thing - give her a helmet! :D

Asi the Red
20-03-2007, 02:27
Hey ya'.

Still following this.
Yay, a Fighting Tiger! Please do the Tiger!

Lancaster
20-03-2007, 07:45
Hey ya'.

Still following this.
Yay, a Fighting Tiger! Please do the Tiger!

If I'm not mistaken, you said you'd do a female Tiger?

Just out of curiosity how is that possible?

And again, thanks Steiner for doing what everyone at one point thought of doing but then said "nah... too much work" :)

Asi the Red
20-03-2007, 09:14
Hey ya'.

Just curious Lancaster, do you mean:
A. How can a Marine be female?
B. How are you going to model a femeal SM?
C. How are you going to survive in the tiger cage while...?

Seriously. Which were you getting at?

El Presedente
20-03-2007, 09:25
the Fighting Tigers are a purely 'over the line' army when it comes to fluff, some of their marines are female.

Gen.Steiner
20-03-2007, 12:38
Before I answer people's queries and comments (all welcomed, by the way!), I'm announcing a slight change of plan.

While I will be undercoating the Request Squad today, I'm going to delay painting them to finish off the Daemonette squad instead. Pics of the babes with claws should hopefully be up tonight if I get my act together!

If I'm not mistaken, you said you'd do a female Tiger?

Just out of curiosity how is that possible?

Well, you take one Space Marine model, and you paint it in white with either brown or black tiger stripes. Voila - female Fighting Tiger. They don't all have to be helmetless... ;)

And again, thanks Steiner for doing what everyone at one point thought of doing but then said "nah... too much work" :)

:D Why thank you! My madness knows no bounds.

Hey ya'.

Just curious Lancaster, do you mean:
A. How can a Marine be female?
B. How are you going to model a femeal SM?
C. How are you going to survive in the tiger cage while...?

Seriously. Which were you getting at?

Well, I'll answer these for the hell of it. :p

A) To find out, go to the Fighting Tigers of Veda homepage (http://www.fightingtigersofveda.com/index.htm).
B) Same as all the other Space Marines. The only difference between the male and female Fighting Tigers is their colour scheme, as mentioned above.
C) By not going in. Dead cunnin', that, almost worthy of an Ork!

the Fighting Tigers are a purely 'over the line' army when it comes to fluff, some of their marines are female.

Oh, indeed, which is why to save myself the "ZOMG U CANT DO THAT" from people much like myself with regards to Basilisks and infantry companies, I'll not be putting a female head on the Marine. This means that she'll look like a normal Space Marine but will in fact be a woman.

Gen.Steiner
20-03-2007, 12:54
Double post, but it's an update. So there.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/DSC00893.jpg
Chapter badges! Son of Medusa, Executioner, Exorcist. The Executioner and Exorcist are in Badab War colours, and I think that the Executioner's colour scheme might even tie him down to a specific battle...!

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/DSC00894.jpg
Executioner front. His flamer casing should be black, but I prefer the blue.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/DSC00895.jpg
Tactical badges and (im)purity seal.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/DSC00896.jpg
Rear, newly highlighted backpack and tidied up the white.

El Presedente
20-03-2007, 13:29
Oh, indeed, which is why to save myself the "ZOMG U CANT DO THAT" from people much like myself with regards to Basilisks and infantry companies, I'll not be putting a female head on the Marine. This means that she'll look like a normal Space Marine but will in fact be a woman.

Aww, I wanted to see what female head you were going to use, becuse you don't see conversions like that often. Also, you could always say that Slannesh's powers mutated 'him' into a 'her'.

Also: mmmmmmmm, MMMMMMMMMMM, to the models so far. (those were good mmm's by the way)

Gen.Steiner
20-03-2007, 13:33
Aww, I wanted to see what female head you were going to use, becuse you don't see conversions like that often. Also, you could always say that Slannesh's powers mutated 'him' into a 'her'.

Cruses! Now I'm going to have to dredge through my bitz box, you cruel man you! :p

Also: mmmmmmmm, MMMMMMMMMMM, to the models so far. (those were good mmm's by the way)

:D

El Presedente
20-03-2007, 13:41
Cruses!

Cruses indeed, Tom especially

Now I'm going to have to dredge through my bitz box, you cruel man you! :p

Enough talk! Back To work! Neah I'm just kidding, keep it up though

Lancaster
21-03-2007, 02:23
What I had meant was How can a space marine be a female? I thought they needed to be male for the new organs to work or sthg, I am not really critisizing I am just curious

Also, Great job, the exorsist is espescially amazing

El Presedente
21-03-2007, 10:05
Its outside fluff, they can't actaully happen, but they are a nice little 'what if?' army.

Gen.Steiner
21-03-2007, 17:03
What I had meant was How can a space marine be a female? I thought they needed to be male for the new organs to work or sthg, I am not really critisizing I am just curious

While they can't, at least not in official canon background, some people - myself included, ironically - are of the opinion that given the size of the Galaxy and the length of time that the Imperium has been around, it's not beyond the realms of possibility for some mad Technomagos to have enabled some female Space Marines to be created. After all, innovation isn't entirely dead, although it would take a very mad or very brave person to alter the very work of His Divine Majesty.

Suffice it to say that roughly half of the Fighting Tigers of Veda are female, and they're a home-grown chapter that I very much admire, so will be making one of Troops 1 a member of Jatis Mahaduyana (white with black stripes).

Also, Great job, the exorsist is espescially amazing

Thank you! I regret to report that I've been a little sidetracked by some Tallarns (doing sterling work as part of Ashkar VII of the 9th Drokharan Taureg Legion) and my Tau paint-test figures, but the Daemonettes will be finished today and I'll make a start on the requests squad. :)

Dakkagor
21-03-2007, 17:03
finally got my **** in gear and whipped up a revenants colour scheme. I'm really looking forward to seeing it!

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e222/Dakkagor/revenantcolourscheme2.jpg

Gen.Steiner
21-03-2007, 17:05
Excellent. :D It seems that Troops 1 will be mostly dark colours, which is good. Very sinister... ahahahah! AHAHAH! BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAaa...

Er. Yes. Carry on. :chrome:

Lancaster
21-03-2007, 18:32
Ya, I remember stumbling on the Fighting tiger's of Veda on google last summer, they do look nice but I didn't remember female marines... What turned me off them was the VDR basalisk thing... :(

I'd always wondered why it was that a woman couldn't be a space marine, if it is the testes issue, Hormone suppliments could be taken or Testes could always be grafted on which would make them very manlike anyway... Male jawline, possible adams apple due to the age of induction, the only real difference would be the breasts she would have... basically He-man with boobies

Bottom line for Steiner: Give her stubble :p

Arhalien
21-03-2007, 19:47
Excellent. :D It seems that Troops 1 will be mostly dark colours, which is good. Very sinister... ahahahah! AHAHAH! BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAaa...

Er. Yes. Carry on. :chrome:

Steiner, have you been at the world domination schemes again? You know I said they were bad for you! :p

Gen.Steiner
22-03-2007, 22:38
Another update! Work continues apace. This time, it's the Daemonettes who've been finished, and very nice they are too in their resplendent gloss finish.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/DSC00897.jpg
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/DSC00898.jpg
They're paired - spot the colour scheme similarity!

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/DSC00899.jpg
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/DSC00900.jpg
The latest two, with yellow eyes rather than red.

Comments? Thoughts? Picture of the whole unit is attached (swanky!) to prevent double-posting.

Next unit is undercoated and sitting on my painting table waiting to be painted up - at this rate I might even have enough painted in time for a Combat Patrol game this weekend!

El Presedente
23-03-2007, 01:05
Sexy, I'd hit em!

Gen.Steiner
23-03-2007, 01:12
Jolly good - then they eviscerate you. :p

Minor hitch with the female Fighting Tiger, it turns out that they're only Assault Marines (Tigers of Kali) which is a bit of an ****. So. Either I wait until I do my bikers, or I paint up a Fighting Tiger as a male one. What do people think? Female Tiger of Kali, hair flying in the wind, or male Tiger of Rudra (tac marine)?

Getz
23-03-2007, 01:16
Definately a Tiger of Kali...

Gen.Steiner
23-03-2007, 01:21
Then the current Tiger is getting repainted as a Rainbow Warrior. :)

Getz
23-03-2007, 01:22
You didn't take much convincing... ;)

Gen.Steiner
23-03-2007, 01:25
Ah, I'd already decided, the thing is to make it look as though the masses dictate the way forwards. ;)

El Presedente
23-03-2007, 01:45
Jolly good - then they eviscerate you. :p

Owww, my manhood!

Minor hitch with the female Fighting Tiger, it turns out that they're only Assault Marines (Tigers of Kali) which is a bit of an ****.

So, you're marines are heretics anyway, who says they can't go against standard practace and doctrins?

Easy E
23-03-2007, 10:42
The Novamarine- weren't they Ultra marine blue with gold trim and a white halo as their shoulderpad? I think they were part of a Mike Mcvey Diorama in the Compilation (The yellow RT book with the Blood Angels on the cover and the Genestealer Cult lists) fightin a genestealer cult on a space hulk.

Gen.Steiner
23-03-2007, 13:19
The Fallen Men are a parody of a normal Space Marine force - that is, their squads are made up of Tactical Marines if they're a Troops choice, Assault Marines if Fast Attack, and so on and so forth. As a result, the Tiger of Kali will have to wait until I get some bikes.

Easy E - possibly, but all the pictures I've seen of Novamarines (from Codex: Ultramarines onwards) shows them as I've painted mine (although with less Chaotic bits).

I shall post pip pics of Troops 1 a bit later. :)

KayvaanShrike
23-03-2007, 15:12
I have to say that this idea is genius. Its been very well pulled off too. The painting is very good, as is the modelling. I did notice however that the Chapter symbol on the Novamarine and on the Son of Medusa, seem to be the same, a skull within a white halo. I may be wrong.

You should put a Raven Gaurd Marine in there somewhere, would be better if he was an Assault Marine though, and if he is, he would be 3rd company. Marking is the right hand shoulderpad trim in red. Red eyes, white chest eagle. Symbol can be found in the back of the marine codex.

Gen.Steiner
23-03-2007, 17:14
You're almost right, they are very similar! Novamarines are a skull within a halo, as are the Sons of Medusa. On the other hand, the halos are subtly different. The Sons of Medusa halo is larger, and has a green space between the halo and the skull, while the Novamarine skull is on a black background. It's hard to spot, but I assure you there is a difference.

The Raven Guard, as a First Founding Legion, will be represented along with the Imperial Fists, Ultramarines, Dark Angels, Space Wolves, Blood Angels and the various other ex-Loyalists in Elites 1 and the HQ choice.

And now - an update!

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/DSC00902.jpg
Maladictor Sergeant, front.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/DSC00903.jpg
Maladictor Sgt, Chapter Badge and Company number (7th Tactical Reserve).

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/DSC00904.jpg
Rear. Note very dark and clean backpack, and unhighlighted (d'oh!) grenades on his left hip.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/DSC00905.jpg
Mark and Tactical Badge. 1st Squad, 7th Company.

I'm quite pleased with the way that the combi-bolter turned out, to be honest, I'd been a bit iffy about the magazine/belt combination.

Thoughts? Comments? Etc. All welcomed!

Gen.Steiner
23-03-2007, 17:18
Shokk! It's another double post! :p

A quick Painting in Progress shot of Troops 1...

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/DSC00906.jpg
Front, L-R: Stormcaller; Maladictor; Shadow Marine.
Rear, L-R: Rainbow Warrior; Knight Exemplar; Revenant.

...and the Icon Bearer of Elites 1:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/DSC00907.jpg

Getz
23-03-2007, 17:22
I'm so excited!

Don't forget to Give my Knight Exemplar a sword - even if he cant use it! ;)

Gen.Steiner
23-03-2007, 17:28
Don't forget to Give my Knight Exemplar a sword...

Um... oops? :o I'll get right onto that! *sound of rummaging through a bits-box*

BodhiTree
23-03-2007, 17:57
Hey there, I've been following this for a while. :) I was just curious about how much space you have left in your army for requests. I don't think I've seen a Doom Eagle in your force yet, I'm sure you can do them justice.

Gen.Steiner
23-03-2007, 18:00
A Doom Eagle, eh? With a name like that ... what do they look like? I'll squeeze one in if I can - he'd probably be a 'Devastator'.

BodhiTree
23-03-2007, 18:02
Here ya go! :)

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Doom_Eagles

Gen.Steiner
23-03-2007, 18:35
He seems fun. I'll bung one in if I get stuck for Chapter ideas, definitely. :)

Arhalien
23-03-2007, 19:07
Have you looked at the thing on the GW site showing lots and lots of chapter colour schemes? That could be very useful, or ahve you based the army on that anyway?
Any chance that this army could grow to include a marine from each of those chapters?

Gen.Steiner
23-03-2007, 19:09
Have you looked at the thing on the GW site showing lots and lots of chapter colour schemes? That could be very useful, or ahve you based the army on that anyway?

Yes I have - most of my details such as Chapter Badges have come from it. I actually based this army on everyone's secret mad desire to paint up a marine from each Chapter, I just thought I'd add a bit of a twist to it (and a subtle Badab War slant too).

Any chance that this army could grow to include a marine from each of those chapters?

Possible, but unlikely. At most I'm going to fill one FOC (17 units) and get a Flier to make it 18 units (3 x 6 you see!), and each unit will be six figures or a vehicle... not nearly enough for all the official Marine Chapters, let alone the home-grown ones!

Arhalien
23-03-2007, 19:10
Ah well, it would have been nice :)

Kraal_Lord_Of_Blood
25-03-2007, 13:50
OI! Wheres my shadow marine?:angel:
Just nagging:D , looking VEEEERY good though^^;)

Kerflunc
27-03-2007, 22:47
Nice job. really like the army so many pretty colours:)

Dakkagor
28-03-2007, 13:41
:worships at the feet of steiner:

I swear I have a marine in my army with that actual combination of parts and in that pose (bar the chaotic shoulder pads) How awesome is that.

Gen.Steiner
28-03-2007, 15:44
Which one do you have a duplicate of? :p

Dakkagor
10-04-2007, 00:06
The Revenant :D. His duplicate is lurking in one of my tactical squads. . .

I'm thinking about fluff for that one marine now. My chapter has a bunch of strange rituals, based on assuming and selectively discarding ritual identities to tie them to the chapter. An "unmasked" would be a good name for a traitor from the chapters ranks. . .

Cheatah
10-04-2007, 13:06
Are you still taking requests for DIY chapters? If so, check the fluff page (http://users.pandora.be/che/ad-ia.html#ColorScheme) in my sig to see the scheme of my Angels of Destruction...

Ravenstien
28-04-2007, 23:36
Good work, Steiner! I wants more pictures though :P
We might have to do a combat patrol with these sometime...

Gen.Steiner
28-04-2007, 23:41
Are you still taking requests for DIY chapters? If so, check the fluff page (http://users.pandora.be/che/ad-ia.html#ColorScheme) in my sig to see the scheme of my Angels of Destruction...

Sadly not, Cheatah, but thanks for the interest. :)

Good work, Steiner! I wants more pictures though :P
We might have to do a combat patrol with these sometime...

More pictures when I have paints, the figures, and the time - and yes, you will face off against the Fallen Men eventually. :evilgrin:

Ravenstien
28-04-2007, 23:43
Maybe by then I'll have finished painting Zuberi's Immortals...current count...4/10

Gen.Steiner
28-04-2007, 23:52
Heh. Unlikely. ;)

Arhalien
29-04-2007, 11:37
Curse you Steiner, I thought you;d updated these logs, and it turns out that there was nothing! :mad:

This calls for revenge! :evilgrin:

;)

Gen.Steiner
29-04-2007, 13:17
Curse you Steiner, I thought you;d updated these logs, and it turns out that there was nothing! :mad:

:p

Check my sig - when the dates change, it's been updated. ;)

Arhalien
29-04-2007, 13:19
:p

Check my sig - when the dates change, it's been updated. ;)

An idea which I stol from you ;)
They came upo as hacing new posts in my subscribed threads with you being the latest poster so.... Ah to hell with it! :) Next time I'll check the dates.

Gen.Steiner
27-09-2007, 21:57
OMFG, It's An Update!!

Yes kiddiewinkies, with the release of the brand new Codex: Chaos Space Marines I've dusted off the half-painted Fallen Men, dug out the painted ones, and looked long and hard at the list.

Upshot of the new list is this:

My six-man squads with a heavy and a special weapon in are now illegal. :cries: Either I add in an extra six (!) men to get the second weapon - which is another 100pts a squad and more money as well - or I just use the two rocket launchers and two heavy bolters as a Havoc Squad with the addition of a Champion and standard marine.

Currently the second option is the one I favour, but it means repainting the markings on the Heavies to make them Devastators rather than Tac Marines. Ho hum.

So, because this is an update, I present to you the New, Improved, List:

The Pantokrator's Fallen Men, A Renegade Band of Space Marines:

HQ:
The Pirate Lord:
Commander Chulain, the Pantokrator with: Mark of Slaanesh, terminator armour, lightning claws; personal icon.

Elites 1:
His Retinue:
Five Chosen Terminators with: Icon of Slaanesh, terminator armour, twin-linked bolters, reaper autocannon; power fists.

Elites 2:
The Silent:
Aspiring Champion Balthazar with: Plasma pistol, power fist; melta bombs.
Five Chosen of Slaanesh with: Icon of Slaanesh, flamer, meltagun; bolt pistols and close combat weapons.
NB: All have frag and krak grenades.

Troops 1:
The Victorious:
Aspiring Champion Perau with: Twin-linked bolter; power sword.
Five Fallen with: Icon of Slaanesh, plasma gun; bolt pistols, close combat weapons, bolters, frag and krak grenades.

Troops 2:
The Glorious:
Aspiring Champion Tarel with: Twin-linked bolter; power fist.
Five Fallen with: Icon of Slaanesh, flamer; bolt pistols, close combat weapons, bolters, frag and krak grenades.

Troops 3:
The Triumphant:
Aspiring Champion Marran with: Twin-linked bolter; power fist.
Five Fallen with: Icon of Slaanesh, meltagun; bolt pistols, close combat weapons, bolters, frag and krak grenades.

Troops 4:
The Beautiful:
Six Daemonettes of Slaanesh with: Close combat weapons.

Heavy Support 1:
The Enlightened:
Aspiring Champion Janus with: Twin-linked bolter; power sword.
Five Fallen Devastators with: Icon of Slaanesh, heavy bolters, rocket launchers; bolt pistols, close combat weapons and bolter (-).
NB: All have frag and krak grenades.

Points Breakdown:
HQ1: 140
E1: 240
E2: 198
T1: 160
T2: 160
T3: 165
T4: 78
HS1: 215
= 1,356

Which leaves 144 points. Question to all the people who've been following this project log, hiatus aside: what to spend it on? A Dread with twin-lascannons and a heavy flamer as well as extra armour comes to 145 which I ... feel uncomfortable about as 1,501 isn't, to me, a 1,500 point army. :rolleyes: Thoughts? Comments welcomed! :)

Arhalien
27-09-2007, 22:10
Is that all Steiner?! It;s just not good enough I say! I should have you flogged for this flagrant lack of updates! You disgrace to Warseer you! :mad:

;) :p

Getz
27-09-2007, 22:12
How about dropping Aspiring Champion Balthazar's melta bombs, giving you 149 points spare, then taking the Dready and giving it smoke - la voila 1499 points!

El Presedente
27-09-2007, 22:20
Is that all Steiner?! It;s just not good enough I say! I should have you flogged for this flagrant lack of updates! You disgrace to Warseer you! :mad:;) :p

Indeed bad show all round!

Just kidding, but we need pics, i've missed this log (almost as much as I miss the leviathon one:rolleyes:)

Gen.Steiner
27-09-2007, 22:56
Is that all Steiner?! It;s just not good enough I say! I should have you flogged for this flagrant lack of updates! You disgrace to Warseer you!

That's a good point and I do apologise. More better updates soon! I promises.

How about dropping Aspiring Champion Balthazar's melta bombs, giving you 149 points spare, then taking the Dready and giving it smoke - la voila 1499 points!

Hum, if I drop the personal icon on the Pantokrator instead then I can do much the same... or I can fiddle about with some Raptors or maybe some Spawn. Certainly a good idea and one I shall pay attention to. :)

...we need pics, i've missed this log

Awww! I feel loved. :D Pics to come this Monday/Tues after I've bought some more men - Terminators and basic Marines to make some Havocs and the Retinue (and the Pantokrator Himself!).

endless
27-09-2007, 23:40
Well, General, this has made me all nostalgic,:D Space Sharks and Rainbow Warriors FTW! Good work sir, looking forward to the terminators, and a dread would be cool...

Kraal_Lord_Of_Blood
28-09-2007, 07:27
Yay for the log! :D
(will there perhaps be any of my marines in your army now? *angelic face*)

Gen.Steiner
28-09-2007, 14:26
Yay for the log! :D
(will there perhaps be any of my marines in your army now? *angelic face*)

Probably, once I've looked through the log and written down colour schemes and got stuck into painting them again, yep. :)

Success! I slept on the thorny question of what to do with 144 points - and the answer hit me like a boon from the gods! Bikers.

Three, with an Aspiring Champion, a special weapon, and possibly a power sword - comes to 144 points making the First Phase list precisely 1,500 points, containing:

One Chaos Lord.
Five Terminators.
Six Chosen.
18 Chaos Marines in three squads of six.
Six 'Daemonettes'.
Six Havocs.
Three Bikers - half a squad. This lot won't have an Icon until they become Favoured...

Total figs: 42 foot, 3 bikes. Job done. :D

Gen.Steiner
01-10-2007, 19:59
An Update - Wherein Our Hero Meets Disaster and Begins to Succumb to the Warping Influences of Chaos:

Well, to deal with the disaster first; I've lost my connecting cable for my camera. So until I find it (unlikely) or get a new one (tomorrow) there'll be no pictures. :(

However, on the plus side, I bought another box of Loyalist Terminators (I say another because I have a Deathwing army. I think this is my fifth or sixth such box...) to use in the construction of both the Pantokrator and his retinue.

Paintscheme wise, the Pantokrator will be an Ultramarine. His Retinue will consist of a Dark Angel (pre Deathwing colour change, so black), an Imperial Fist, a Blood Angel, a Salamander and an Iron Hand. All will display the Crux Terminatus (the Pantokrator has the Crux Argentum) and the Icon Bearer will have, I hope, a ******* great big Slaaneshi banner-pole stuck to the top of his armour.

So, my next purchase (tomorrow) is a box of Chaos Terminators and then it'll be All Quiet on the Purchasing front until the 10th when it's my birthday and the Bikers get bought...

Here's to a camera lead and some photos soon! :D

cerealkiller195
01-10-2007, 22:29
good stuff it slowed down for a bit but glad to see things are on the roll again. Now all i have to do is get myself into gear and start updating MY blog lol.

Messiah
01-10-2007, 23:16
So, are you going to include Angry Marines, Pretty Marines, Lazy Marines or Crazy Marines as well? ;) :p

Gen.Steiner
01-10-2007, 23:22
So, are you going to include Angry Marines, Pretty Marines, Lazy Marines or Crazy Marines as well? ;) :p

No. But there will be a Christmas Marine! :D

Messiah
02-10-2007, 02:39
Ill hold you to that Christmas Marine.. ;)

So.. Only canon silly marines then.. :p

Asi the Red
02-10-2007, 04:57
That's not necessarilly true. Check out post #9 on the first page. There's a Fighting Tiger, a Warseer, and a Son of Sparta to name a few non-Canon marines. Other requests have been put in since then, but I'm too lazy to dig through and look for them.

Gen.Steiner
02-10-2007, 06:50
So.. Only canon silly marines then.. :p

Well, sort of. As Mr the Red says:

That's not necessarilly true. Check out post #9 on the first page. There's a Fighting Tiger, a Warseer, and a Son of Sparta to name a few non-Canon marines. Other requests have been put in since then, but I'm too lazy to dig through and look for them.

Although I question the implication that those Chapters're silly. :angel: The other marines include, er, ones that I've forgotten. Oops.

Gen.Steiner
16-10-2007, 17:45
An Update!

Having found my camera's connecting lead, and popped around the corner to GW Covent Garden, I now have the parts to construct the Pantokrator's terminator bodyguard.

Speaking of the Pantokrator, here he is with his trusted bodyguard commander...

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/Pantokrator001.jpg
Front. Note the sheet of 'cloth' (flayed skin! Yum!) which is his personal icon) and the bodyguard's leg crux. He was a Sergeant.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/Pantokrator002.jpg
Rear. Note that they've still got their Crux Terminatus' in keeping with the theme of the rest of the army. Their armour is quite warped in places, but not so warped as to be immediately obvious... sinister or what?

Next up, the rest of the Terminators and then some painting at last! Comments and criticism appreciated as always.

sanctusmortis
16-10-2007, 18:46
Can't criticise. Just happy to SEE some of these!

Gen.Steiner
16-10-2007, 18:50
Rest of the squad will be made and photo'd later tonight! :D

Arhalien
16-10-2007, 19:28
At last, pics! :p
Not personally sure whether the mix of loyalist and chaos terminator parts works that well; it may just be the slightly different colours of plastic but it just doesn;t quite look right to me. I'm interested to see how it looks after painting :)

Darkseer
16-10-2007, 20:57
I thought this log was long dead!

The terminators look awesome. Paint em up Paddy! I can't wait to shoot em :D

Gen.Steiner
16-10-2007, 20:59
...the mix of loyalist and chaos terminator parts ... just doesn't quite look right to me.

I know, it looks odd to me as well. I'm hoping that the paint will sort it all out.

I thought this log was long dead!

Not dead, just praying to the dark gods that the 4th Ed CSM dex wouldn't screw up the list too much.

OH WOOPS IT DID :p

endless
16-10-2007, 21:26
They work for me, look good so far and I'm sure the paint jobs will bring 'em together. Which chapters will the retinue represent?

Gen.Steiner
16-10-2007, 21:35
Dark Angel (pre-white Deathwing) Imperial Fist, a Blood Angel, a Salamander and an Iron Hand. The Pantokrator was an Ultramarine.

Actually, the Sergeant of the bodyguard is the Fallen Angel - that Dark Angel helmet on his trophy rack is there for a reason... :D

Asi the Red
16-10-2007, 22:35
Ah, the terminators at last!

Wonderful work Steiner.

Gen.Steiner
16-10-2007, 22:59
Yeh... you know that thing about intermittent updates?

And you know my statement earlier about more Terminators tonight?

Well...

I kinda got a bit distracted:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Pantokrator004.jpg

Terminators soon! I promise!

El Presedente
17-10-2007, 11:31
Thats quite a pimped baneblade, for just the turret.

Skip
17-10-2007, 11:39
A chaos baneblade, yeah! Looking forward to see more of it :D

sanctusmortis
17-10-2007, 12:29

I think it's for his Guard...

Gen.Steiner
17-10-2007, 12:31
It's a Chaos Baneblade for my Traitor Guard so you're both right. :p Hah, check my 'Preparing for Apocalypse' log for more!

Gen.Steiner
24-10-2007, 00:05
The Pantokrator and His Sworn Men:

At last! The traitor Terminators are constructed and await an undercoat. However, my next task is to build some more Icon Bearers.

But without any further ado:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/BanebladeandTerminators003.jpg
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/BanebladeandTerminators004.jpg
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/BanebladeandTerminators005.jpg

Thoughts?

Gen.Steiner
24-10-2007, 10:13
Sure, I'll pour out my bits and make an Icon Bearer for one or two of the tactical squads. I might even make a start on the Raptors...!

As far as the above Terminators go, the bizzare looking assault cannon is in fact a Reaper Autocannon. The Icon is a bit iffy, I'd rather it was more Slaaneshi and may well alter it at a later date. Any ideas on that front?

Ravenstien
28-10-2007, 22:45
Simple, yet very effective, Steiny. I like how the two kits were different shades of grey, so you've inadvertantly shown us which bits are chaos and which are loyalist :p I look forward to turning them into bio-mass to further the evolution of Hive Fleet Trajan :D
is it me, or does the Pantokrator look like he's singing opera...?

Gen.Steiner
12-11-2007, 22:32
It's an Update: Group Shot!

I've not done this for a while, so I thought I'd show you all where I've got to and what I have yet to paint, build, and buy...

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/Update001.jpg
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/Update002.jpg
Front, L-R: (Lesser) Daemonettes, the Pantokrator and his Retinue; Chosen.
Centre, L-R: Three squads of Marines, all minus their Icon bearers.
Rear: The Havoc squad, and, wearing invisibility cloaks, the bike squadron.

In the background can be seen the box o' bitz plus a pile of sprues which will yield the remaining Fallen Men (not on bikes). You can also see part of the HQ squad of the 2nd Battalion, XV Kataphraktoi and a House Steiner 'mech Company.

Asi the Red
12-11-2007, 23:22
Nice work as always Steiner! Three things:
1. I love how your bitz box is a Battletech box.
2. I still want to see a Praetor of Orpheus! Please!
3. After the Icon Bearers are you going to do more painting on the Chosen and HQ, or assemble the bikes/previously mentioned Raptors?

Gen.Steiner
12-11-2007, 23:47
Nice work as always Steiner! Three things:
1. I love how your bitz box is a Battletech box.

Thank you! I have two boxes of BT... a company of Marik Militia, Word of Blake, Draconis Combine and Capellan Confederation. So far. ;)

2. I still want to see a Praetor of Orpheus! Please!

Coming, coming, fret not!

3. After the Icon Bearers are you going to do more painting on the Chosen and HQ, or assemble the bikes/previously mentioned Raptors?

More painting. I want to get what I have painted before I buy any more, which in this case is three bikes to bring me to 1,500 points and an army I can play with. I will then add three more bikes, six Raptors, and some more stuff every now and then. :)

Ravenstien
13-11-2007, 00:55
I demand...PAINT!!!

Especially on those terminators....

Gen.Steiner
13-11-2007, 01:02
I demand...PAINT!!!

You demand, sirrah? Have a care! :p Yeh, there'll be paint, but modelling is higher on the priority list for this lot at the moment. I want the Icon Bearers and the last Havoc built before I start painting again.

Also, I need to paint some House Steiner 'mechs for my mate's birthday and a certain tank for this weekend.. :angel:

AbyssRaven
13-11-2007, 06:39
Amazing log and very interesting.
im glad to see the Novamarines in there :p
And nice job on the badge. Im not brave enough to try freehanding that yet on mine ~.~

Side note:

You're almost right, they are very similar! Novamarines are a skull within a halo, as are the Sons of Medusa. On the other hand, the halos are subtly different. The Sons of Medusa halo is larger, and has a green space between the halo and the skull, while the Novamarine skull is on a black background. It's hard to spot, but I assure you there is a difference.
Actually the Sons of Medusa use a 10point star i believe and the Novamarines use a 12point star around the skull

Gen.Steiner
23-11-2007, 19:04
An Update:

Some repainting, and five new Fallen Men! I'm now just a painting session (or ten) and 80-odd posts from a useable 1,500 point army. I'm most excited. :)

So, here they are:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/NottinghamandFallen006.jpg
The painted Havocs showing their new markings (you may recognise the figures) - a Relictor and a Lamenter. Painting the stylised explosion on the Lamenter was a right pain!

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/NottinghamandFallen004.jpg
The Enlightened's Aspiring Champion, Janus, and his Icon Bearer.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/GenSteiner/Toy%20Soldiers/NottinghamandFallen005.jpg
The Icon Bearers of the Victorious, Glorious and Triumphant squads.

The reason that the Icon Bearers don't actually have an Icon yet is because I don't have the Rapturous Standards yet - my mate's buying them for me as a 21st Birthday present. When I do get them I'm also going to replace the Icon on the Terminator squad with one as well, I'm really not a fan of the Undivided symbol...!

Ravenstien
23-11-2007, 19:11
Very nice work, but I still demand paint upon thine Terminators!
Aspiring Champion = win

Gen.Steiner
23-11-2007, 19:14
Very nice work, but I still demand paint upon thine Terminators!
Aspiring Champion = win

Paint will come soon enough, peon. :p The Aspiring Champion... I'm tempted to give him the two-head mutation head, or even convert a bare head so that, like the original Janus, he has two faces - one on the back and one on the front. Thoughts?

Ravenstien
23-11-2007, 19:16
Nah, the two-face mutation sucks a bit. Doing a back/front face conversion'd be awesome.

Gen.Steiner
23-11-2007, 19:28
Hrm, a fair point, I'll see what I can do...

Gen.Steiner
04-12-2007, 11:44
Paint Schemes! The Icon Bearers will be... *drumroll*

A Star Fox (http://www.lava.net/~kitsune/Starfoxes.htm)!
A Pretty Marine (http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87749)!
An Angry Marine (http://www.sheezyart.com/view/1195169/)!
A Cosmic Space Knight (of doom) (http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79466)!

Thoughts? :D

Ravenstien
04-12-2007, 19:13
Please include the Cosmic Space Knight (of doom)'s warcry *SOMEWHERE* :P

Asi the Red
05-12-2007, 07:24
Sweet! Pretty Marine!

Awesome Steiner, cannot wait to see these guys painted.

Gen.Steiner
05-12-2007, 12:57
They'll be started today I think. I fancy some powered armour painting. :)

mistformsquirrel
08-12-2007, 16:19
<o_o> Holy crap Gen. Steiner! I just saw this in your sig... awesome! Just awesome!

<^.^>b