PDA

View Full Version : The Dark Pilgrimage; Ashc's Word Bearers project

ashc
20-10-2006, 22:40
I've never done one of these before, so i thought i would get in on the act!

After playing Iron Warriors for a couple of years and now retiring them, i wanted to use some of the things i never got to use with the Iron Warriors, and, still having a few boxes of CSMs in the cupboard, decided to try something that would give me alot of options; and so the Word Bearers have stepped forward.

The plan for this army is to eventually have at least one unit to represent EVERYTHING that can possibly be fielded. I will begin with a 1500pt. List and then carry on from there. the initial 1500pts is to be:

HQ - Ashkaari, Prophet of Blood, Dark Apostle, MOU, Accursed Crozius, Bolt Pistol, Frags, Daemonic Strength, Resilience, Spiky Bitz - 137pts.

TROOP - Squad Christobael, 8 CSMs, MOU, Bolters, 2 Plasmaguns, Move Through Cover, Aspiring Champion Christobael with Power Weapon, Daemonic strength, bolt pistol - 176pts.

TROOP - Squad Janos, 8 CSMs, MOU, Bolters, 2 Plasmaguns, Move Through Cover, Aspiring Champion Janos with Power Weapon, Daemonic strength, bolt pistol - 176pts.

TROOP - Squad Sammael, 8 CSMs, MOU, Bolt Pistols and CCWs, Flamer, Plasmapistol, Frags, Aspiring Champion Sammael with Bolt Pistol and Powerfist, Chaos Rhino with extra armour and smoke launchers - 230pts.

TROOP - Squad Ezakyle, 8 CSMs, MOU, Bolt Pistols and CCWs, Flamer, Plasmapistol, Frags, Aspiring Champion Ezakyle with Bolt Pistol and Powerfist, Chaos Rhino with extra armour and smoke launchers - 230pts.

TROOP - 6 Daemonettes - 90pts.

TROOP - 6 Flamers of Tzeentch - 138pts.

F.ATTACK - 6 Furies - 90pts.

F.ATTACK - Hell Riders of Kaleb - 5 Chaos Bikers, MOU, 2 Meltaguns, Skilled Riders, Aspiring Champion Kaleb with Powerfist - 233pts.

1500pts.
56 Models
2 Vehicles
for now......

I like a nice core of CSMs so thats where i have started; every unit will have an icon bearer and aspiring champion where possible, converted from fantasy chaos warriors to represent veterans of the Word Bearers 'Crusades' and will use a combination of these, CSMs, space marines, and black templar pieces for the bulk of the chaos marines.

I have big plans for a unit of chosen in both power armour and termie armour, possessed, a defiler, plus more. Not to mention those orders from forgeworld i need to put in!

I began the army today by assembling my Dark Apostle Ashkaari, The Prophet of Blood and scourge of the Imperium. I cannot take all the credit for the idea here; i saw something like this on CMON and decided to go for it because i thought it looked so cool; The green stuff covers the rosarius and terminator honours on the orginal model, and will be painted to represent the star of chaos and some kind of jewel when it comes to him getting painted up. My only question is whether to paint him in black armour or red armour; what do people think?

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j306/ashc_2006/Word%20Bearers/DSC00142.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j306/ashc_2006/Word%20Bearers/DSC00141.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j306/ashc_2006/Word%20Bearers/DSC00140.jpg

thanks for looking,

Ash

BodhiTree
20-10-2006, 22:47
Now that is one pretty conversion. You actually managed to make him look more scary. :eek:

precinctomega
20-10-2006, 22:47
Good choice for the Dark Apostle. I love Word Bearers. One day I'll finish mine...

R.

spikyjames
20-10-2006, 22:51
yeah very nice conversion, looking forward to seeing more.

james

ashc
20-10-2006, 22:54
Thanks; i chose the model as i figured it looked pretty 'archaic' anyway; i didn't want a model going over to the daemonic too much, and i liked the leaping pose as it reminds me of perhaps him being carried by wings of darkness or something. Any suggestions on whether to go for red or black armour? Obviously most of the rest of the model will be metals, plus the impurity seals will be made of flayed skin; if the armour is black then with red seals, and vice versa if i make the armour red.

Thoughts?

Ash

Wolf Scout Ewan
20-10-2006, 22:58
I dunno about the blobs of green stuff. If they are imperial eagles or whatever just cut and file them down.

no-use4a-name
20-10-2006, 23:14
To answer your question on how to paint him. I suggest that you paint him black with highlights done in red. I've tried this on a BA Kill Team and it looked really nice. I wish I didn't give those guys away.:(

BTW, as everyone else mentioned, nice conversion.

Good luck on your first project log.

firestorm40k
21-10-2006, 10:51
That's a great conversion... very simple, yet incredibly effective! :cool:

ExoCowboy
21-10-2006, 14:46
Yay, more WB's. I will look forward to see you paint them :cool:

ashc
23-10-2006, 22:10
Thanks for the replies.

I am beginning work on the first 500pts; basically squads Janos and Sammael and Ashkaari who will get painted soon enough.

I've began work on the assembly of the 2 squads and should get some pics up when i can.

Once i hit the 500pts mark i can then take stock and see whether to carry the project on, as im quickly finding my personal time diminishing here at uni :(

Ash