3 Squig Herds 90 Pts

2 Spear Chukkas 70 Pts

1 Giant 205 Pts

3 Leadbelchers, Light Armour 165 Pts

Casting Pool: 8
Dispel Pool: 5
Models in Army: 170
Total Army Cost: 1987

It uses all my goblins, although i'll have to reshape a pack of 40 spear night goblins, as i've only really spent money on 2 'battle for skull pass' boxes.

woytek
21-10-2006, 08:25
Looks very nice! I can't really see anything bad about it...

Buttmunky
21-10-2006, 08:34
Thanks. any ideas on how to improve?

Festus
21-10-2006, 08:53
Hi

The only units to deal damage are the Leadbelchers and the Giant (Face it, your gobbos will never do much damage on average). Both will be top priority for any enemy shooters. They will be dead come turn 2, I daresay, and will never see combat.

This leaves your Fanatics to do the Killing: 5 Fanatics are on average 17,5 hits at S5, less than 15 actual wounds caused during the whole game.

You might get a few spells off, but I expect any oponent worth his salt to know which spells to stop and which to let go... OTOH, you only have your dice to stop enemy magic, which can be a problem against magic heavy armies.

Maybe as an advice:
Drop a fast cav unit, increase the unit sizes of your NG blocks (every casualty takes away static CR in you too small units), maybe combine them. Add standards to add static CR to combat units. And buy some netters to make your NG units more survivable.
Add bows to your fast cav, drop either Giant or Leadbelcher to free points (and it shouldn't hurt if your enemy shoots at NGs).

Greetings
Festus

Buttmunky
21-10-2006, 12:23
could i just boost my squig herds? i'm really not sure i want to stuff all the points into more night goblins, i dont see them killing much. although you're right about the leadbelchers and giant being served by second turn, but i thought i would use the fast calvary to slow shooting untill they get into combat. i'm finding it hard to see this army ever being tuned into a game winner, btw i realy like netters but they cost HEAPS and can 'back fire' on a roll of 1 to boot.

The thread i viewed on pure goblin armies just turned into people saying how crap goblins have been made.

btw. is it worth taking wolf chariots anymore? the only reason i took them before was the 2 for 1 special choice and they're goblin. i might as well take a boar chariot instead and still just use the Shelob model, no one will know the difference :angel: .

Buttmunky
21-10-2006, 12:49
which should i get rid of for trolls: leadbelchers or giant?

ardude
21-10-2006, 14:52
I'm coutning 5 heros, fought that you can't have an extra goblin boss in a only goblin army ( don't get my copy til enxt week, so I could be wrong)

Revlid
21-10-2006, 16:08
i might as well take a boar chariot instead and still just use the Shelob model, no one will know the difference :angel: .

You will. You will. :D
And since you'll have to tell your opponents, they will too. :p

Leadbelchers should be dropped, and either get another Giant or some more Squigs. Or, if you're set on having Ogres, 4 Bulls with 2 Handweapons.

The extra character is no longer allowed in Gobbo armies. You'll have to drop a Shaman and use the points to buy a Bad Moon On A Stick for the BSB.

The Staff of Sneaky Stealing will more than replace the Dispel Dice lost from the Shaman, so I'd get that as well.

wingedserpant
21-10-2006, 19:32
Put your units of twenty into one unit of forty and the remaining one should be boosted with any spare points you have or you could equip them with bows.Spears on goblins are never worth it and I know what you'll say they get an extra attack but goblins never kill anything. A staff of sneaky stealing is really handy. Scrap the leadbelchers as they're not that good for a unit of four common trolls. Your a character over the limit aswell. Use those points for more goblins. You can never have enough goblins.