PDA

View Full Version : 2000-point Dwarf Conflict Army

Acolyte
21-10-2006, 14:38
Despite the fact that I've only played a handful of Fantasy games, I'm going to be in the tourny for 40K anyways, so I might as well get the most out of my $100 that I can.:p

Anyways, here's the list:
2000-Point Dwarves

Lord/Hero: Runelord-373
-Anvil of Doom
-Shield
-Master Rune of Balance
-Rune of Stone

Hero: Thane-195
-Master Rune of Swiftness
-Rune of Cleaving
-Master Rune of Gomril
-Master Rune of Spite
-Rune of Luck

Hero: Thane-145
-Battle Standard Bearer
-Strollaz’ Rune

Core: Warriors-236
24 Dwarf Warriors
-Veteran
-Standard Bearer
-Shields

Core: Warriors-236
24 Dwarf Warriors
-Veteran
-Standard Bearer
-Shields

Core: Thunderers-150
10 Dwarf Thunderers
-Shields

Core: Thunderers-150
10 Dwarf Thunderers
-Shields

Special: Dwarf Cannon-135
-Rune of Forging
-Rune of Reloading

Special: Dwarf Cannon-140
-Rune of Forging
-Rune of Reloading
-Rune of Burning

Special: Grudge Thrower-120
-Rune of Accuracy
-Engineer

Rare: Organ Gun-120

static grass
21-10-2006, 19:14
It looks like you are planning on leaping forward with two CC regiments. I wouldn't. But with if I was going to then I would take an oath stone. Really though you need atleast three CC regiments to soak up "the charge". You only need 1 cannon. Give the rune lord a GW to slap about flyers and Fast cav who target him. I would swap a unit of thundererers for crossbows incase you are made to go first. Thunderers are nice but usually I try to build up the weight of fire with cross bows.

WLBjork
21-10-2006, 21:48
I pretty much agree with static grass. You don't have anywhere near enough combat power for a list of any description.

Problem the first is that the Anvil will be a priority target for your opponents - nearly 20% of your points in just 3 models with 5 wounds between them.

Drop the 140pt cannon, plus the rune of reloading on the other cannon (it's of limited value as cannons don't kill crew members). I personally would then use the freed points to swap out one regiment of Thunderers for 20 Hammerers with Full Command. I'd also add the missing musician to the 2 Warrior Regiments - there is little more embarrasing than facing zombies, being outnumbered and being auto-broken just because you tried to save points by not taking a musician.

Finally, downgrading the second Thunderers to Quarrellers would leave another 30 points for a Runic Standard for the Hammerers.