PDA

View Full Version : Trying to use bfsp gobbos

sodapopinski
21-10-2006, 16:12
I bought 2 boxes and i have all this gobbos looking at me, so im trying to make a nice army list to use with those minis in mind.
It has good magic and shooting in order to be able to take out the most dangerous threats my poor fellas cant (which is a big responsibility, i know)
Each character joins a different block of NG
The trolls are there because i have the minis and 1 troll units dont seem too bad at all imho (maybe they can charge something, who knows!)
The gobbo "wall" is supossed to advance at non march pace for the magic and shooting to do their work
Spiders are meant to annoy and prepare ambushes
Im not too sure about the hoppers, maybe a herd will do better, also maybe the spider riders could be 2 units of 10 each

I wanted to give a general idea on how i wanted the list to work so i can get better feedback

thanks in advance

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Skarsnik - 205 Pts

Night Goblin Shaman - 135 Pts
Level 2
Power Stone
Dispel Scroll

Night Goblin Shaman - 130 Pts
level2
Nibbla's Itty Ring
Dispel Scroll

Night Goblin Shaman - 125 Pts
Level 2
Horn of Ugrok

4 X 25 Night Goblins - 145 Pts (580 pts)
command
2 Fanatics

4 X 5 Goblin Spider Riders - 83 Pts (332 pts)
Musician and boss

2 X 9 Squig Hoppers - 135 Pts (270 pts)

4 X Spear Chukka - 35 Pts (140 pts)

2 X Troll - 40 Pts (80 pts)

Casting Pool: 8

Dispel Pool: 5

Models in Army: 169

Total Army Cost: 1997

LemonPotato
21-10-2006, 17:25
I like this list, it is very strong on magic and this will be dangerous for your opponent. 4 units of 5 spider riders would be a bit weak though, I would make these 2 units of 10 as it will mean that they hit harder and makes sure you have enough unit strength when you hit the opponent's flanks.
Skarsnik is just hard so this is a good choice, I like the 4 spear chukkas aswell although I would convert some night goblin crewmen to keep with the fluff a bit more because common goblins wont really fit in.
Good luck with this list, you could also expand this list to include more models than that in the battle of skulls set.

LemonPotato

sodapopinski
21-10-2006, 17:43
thank you, what do you think of the trolls? should i skip them?

LemonPotato
21-10-2006, 17:45
I think the trolls are a nice unit, ideally though you need more than a pair because the optimal number is 4 as these can all contact an enemy unit and so can all attack.

woytek
21-10-2006, 18:34
I think the trolls are a nice unit, ideally though you need more than a pair because the optimal number is 4 as these can all contact an enemy unit and so can all attack.

but then you have a lot of points doing nothing, I'd keep em 2

wingedserpant
21-10-2006, 20:33
but then you have a lot of points doing nothing, I'd keep em 2

Then you'd keep him from losing. Did you not read clearly. Potatoe said all 4 can attack. Does that sound like doing nothing to you. It must since you made that post. Trolls need to be at least in units of 4.

metro_gnome
21-10-2006, 22:41
sounds like a whole lot of drooling menacingly at the enemy to me...
2 Trolls is enough to break ranks... why waste points?

1+ US is the best thing to ever happen to trolls...