21-10-2006, 20:12
See new thread.

Seth81
21-10-2006, 22:35
Not a bump.

Wouldn't you agree?

Azazel
21-10-2006, 23:28
You only have one spell caster? What if he gets sniped?

And you have three Dispel Dice.

Seth81
22-10-2006, 00:04
Well he's with 19 chaos warriors...

Also I can't do crap all about 3 dispel dice since if I take a power familiar I have 3 wasted power dice from all the marks.

Suggestions would be good.

And he's got 2 wounds T4...

CrimsonFOX
22-10-2006, 01:01
For one thing, drop the great weapon on the Champion. He can't ever use it, since characters with magic weapons are bound to use those instead. Drop the Banner of Wrath and the marks on the Spawn (I've never had much success with the weak breath weapon). This would allow you to add in a Chaos Sorceror (who can cast a fireball, same as the banner of wrath). If you take out one spawn altogether, you could give the sorceror the Level 2 upgrade and a dispel scroll. This would give you 10 power dice, 4 dispel dice and a scroll, a far more effective setup I think.

der_lex
22-10-2006, 11:37
My advice? Remove all those expensive Tzeentch marks on your units and make them all undivided. Trim down the ridiculously large CW groups to 15 or 12 or so, possibly dropping one and replacing it with a Marauder block. Use your free points to add an undivided knight unit and maybe some marauder horsemen. Keep the exalted champ, though, and add either another exalted champ with the MoT or an aspiring champ with the MoT and a battle standard. This way you'll have a decent-sized chaos army, which doesn't have tons of power dice, but still has good spellcasting for a 1500 point army without losing any 'hitty' characters.

I don't usually suggest such extreme overhauls, but after playing Tzeentch for quite a while now, I've discovered that going 'pure Tzeentch' under 2k just doesn't work. Your army always end up being too small and fragile. Put your current army against any army with warmachines, and it will crumble in two rounds, the cannons taking out your chariots, and the stone throwers making short work of your big CW blocks. Those three screamers and your single caster will not be able to stop that from happening in any way.

Seth81
22-10-2006, 13:30
My advice? Remove all those expensive Tzeentch marks on your units and make them all undivided. Trim down the ridiculously large CW groups to 15 or 12 or so, possibly dropping one and replacing it with a Marauder block. Use your free points to add an undivided knight unit and maybe some marauder horsemen. Keep the exalted champ, though, and add either another exalted champ with the MoT or an aspiring champ with the MoT and a battle standard. This way you'll have a decent-sized chaos army, which doesn't have tons of power dice, but still has good spellcasting for a 1500 point army without losing any 'hitty' characters.

I don't usually suggest such extreme overhauls, but after playing Tzeentch for quite a while now, I've discovered that going 'pure Tzeentch' under 2k just doesn't work. Your army always end up being too small and fragile. Put your current army against any army with warmachines, and it will crumble in two rounds, the cannons taking out your chariots, and the stone throwers making short work of your big CW blocks. Those three screamers and your single caster will not be able to stop that from happening in any way.

Why don't I just scrap the entire army then? I'll consider the spawn ect but I'm not going to do all the other crap since it changes the army.

I asked for advice on my list, not for you to write one you think is better.