PDA

View Full Version : Two new OnG lists

blurred
22-10-2006, 10:52
Hi all. Just got my copy of the new OnG army book and have been fiddling with it for some time now. Here are two lists that I made. The first one is using my favourite models and the idea of my standard 6th edition army list and the second is totally new which I came up with today. I believe they are fine and dandy, but if I've overseen something or made some silly mistake let me know. Of course other comments and general babbling is also allowed. :)

1st list

Orc warboss 156
- Great weapon
- Amulet of protectyness
- Collar of Zorga

Orc shaman 135
- 2nd level
- Dispel scroll
- Waaagh! paint

Orc shaman 125
- 2nd level
- Dispel scroll

Night goblin shaman 95
- 2nd level
- Magic mushrooms

20*Night goblins 114
- Musician
- 2*Fanatics

20*Night goblins 114
- Musician
- 2*Fanatics

25*Orcs 180
- Full command
- Shields

25*Orcs 180
- Full command
- Shields

5*Wolf riders 71
- Spears
- Musician

5*Wolf riders 71
- Spears
- Musician

5*Forest goblin spider riders 71
- Musician

6*Savage orc boar boyz 145
- Musician
- Spears

5*Squig hoppers 75

Squig herd 30

2*Spear chucka 70

4*Trolls 160

Giant 205

TOTAL 1997

2nd list

Orc warboss 156
- Great weapon
- Amulet of protectyness
- Collar of Zorga

Orc big boss 123
- BSB
- Sword of might
- Boar
- Light armour

Goblin big boss 135
- Goblin wolf chariot
- Brimstone bauble
- Wollopa’s one hit wunda

Night goblin shaman 100
- 2*Dispel scroll

25*Orc boyz 180
- Full command
- Shields

25*Orc boyz 180
- Full command
- Shields

12*Big ’uns 199
- Full command
- Gork’s waaagh! banner
- Shields
- Additional choppas

23*Night goblins 73
- Musician

5*Wolf riders 71
- Spears
- Musician

5*Wolf riders 71
- Spears
- Musician

5*Spider riders 71
- Musician

5*Spider riders 71
- Musician

5*Squig hoppers 75

Goblin wolf chariot 60

Goblin wolf chariot See goblin big boss

2*Goblin spear chucka 70

4*Trolls 160

Giant 205

TOTAL 2000

woytek
22-10-2006, 13:17
I like your lists, though 4 trolls is a bit much in my eyes. Your goblin big boss is in a chariot, why? You want him to die right?

blurred
22-10-2006, 15:17
Thx for commenting. People don't usually like trolls, but I've found them really useful. They are able to take on a wide array of opponents from knights to infantry and BFMs. And now that they're cheaper I'm sure to use them even more. :) The goblin big boss is indeed a sort of suicide rocket. The chariot is a quick way to reach the enemy I want and with 3 WS4 S10 hits in addition with the impact hits he's quite a destructive force. And if he happens to die, well that's just an added bonus. ;)

woytek
22-10-2006, 17:16
Thx for commenting. People don't usually like trolls, but I've found them really useful. They are able to take on a wide array of opponents from knights to infantry and BFMs. And now that they're cheaper I'm sure to use them even more. :) The goblin big boss is indeed a sort of suicide rocket. The chariot is a quick way to reach the enemy I want and with 3 WS4 S10 hits in addition with the impact hits he's quite a destructive force. And if he happens to die, well that's just an added bonus. ;)

A chariot isn't the right thing for you then, since they can't march ;) You should just put him on a wolf, with 18 inch move and charge range.

Skandalix
23-10-2006, 11:43
I like more your first list... the second one is a bit too chaotic & whats the idea in having 12 Big Uns??? They will be shoot to pieces by any thinking player before getting even sniffing a battle.

Stay with first list realy...

blurred
24-10-2006, 13:35
whats the idea in having 12 Big Uns??? They will be shoot to pieces by any thinking player before getting even sniffing a battle.

You do realize that I have a hefty amount of screeners and my warboss is going to join them to give a possible 20" move for one turn. :eek: I'll be using them in a unit of 6*2; eleven WS4 S5 hits and four S7 hits is not too shabby IMO. :)

But I like my first list more too and will probably be using it a lot more often.

woytek
24-10-2006, 18:26
You do realize that I have a hefty amount of screeners and my warboss is going to join them to give a possible 20" move for one turn. :eek: I'll be using them in a unit of 6*2; eleven WS4 S5 hits and four S7 hits is not too shabby IMO. :)

But I like my first list more too and will probably be using it a lot more often.

I don't see their uses because if you want that 20", you can't screen them...:rolleyes:

blurred
25-10-2006, 08:09
I don't see their uses because if you want that 20", you can't screen them...

*Sigh* So you don't think its possible to screen them for just a turn or two? And besides the army has trolls, a giant, a pair of chariots and tons of other funky stuff for the enemy to shoot at. I'm not too worried.