PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt Tournament Skaven List

S0ule55
22-10-2006, 17:11
Warlord - Great Weapon, Warpstone Armor, Twisted Crown, Shield
Warplock Engineer - Fully loaded but no pistol, 2x Dispel Scrolls
Warplock Engineer - Fully Loaded but no pistol, 2x Dispell Scrolls
Warplock Engineer - Fully Loaded but no pistol, Eye of the horned rat, Dispel Scroll

25 Clanrats - Full Command
24 Clanrats - Full Command

25 Plague Monks - Extra Hand Weapons, Full Command, Banner of Burning Hatred
25 Plague Monks - Extra Hand Weapons, Full Command

10 Plague Censer Bearers
10 Plague Censer Bearers

Total: 1999

Comments? Suggestions?

S0ule55
24-10-2006, 15:22
Not a thing? Nothing I can change?

Tobias
24-10-2006, 15:38
Mhm 5 scrolls is a bit over the top, I suggest taking less scrolls, maybe even drop an engineer and take some clanrat screens

Skitter-Squeek
24-10-2006, 20:21
Hmm It is Definately Hard Hitting... Am interested How it Does... Normally I would Complain about all those engineers but you have no ratling guns and warpfire throwers or cannons. So in Turn I like it... Let us know how it pans out.

S0ule55
24-10-2006, 20:53
I've been playing this list for a little while now, and it does pretty well. I'm mainly interested in what changes I can make to make it hit even harder. I've got a tournament coming up in december that I'm taking Skaven to, so I'd like to bring the best list I can come up with. It's supposed to be pretty heavy handed as well, so I'm not really worrying about comp points. I may drop an engineer for a Plague Priest w/ Extra hand weapons and Bands of Power. Thoughts?

fubukii
25-10-2006, 02:18
No slaves?

S0ule55
25-10-2006, 02:23
Not at the moment, I may rework the list to include some, but at the moment I don't see a place for them in the list

Dasqueek-Master Assassin
25-10-2006, 06:18
find some room for some slaves, some ratling guns, and or rat ogres.
maybe dropping a unit of censer bearers
dont forget the storm deamon on one of your engineers, plus i dont think you need the eye of the horned rat. your engineers are already using their max dice on warplightning so it is useless

Teach
25-10-2006, 10:00
It is a solid list but not very skaven like exept for the warlocks.
Ratling guns and slaves maybe. I used some small units of monks with max hitting power. 6 broad, extra weapon, priest, champ, banners. People don't expect that usually. nice, simple list though!
Good luck

Tobias
25-10-2006, 11:25
Oops didn't mean clanrat screens, I meant Night Runner screens :)

That way your units will make the end of the table hopefully unhurt.

S0ule55
25-10-2006, 21:11
Explain the "not skaven like" comment please? Are you refering to the fact that I don't have any weapon teams that can do more harm than good? Or the fact that I don't have any slaves, which I've already explained. Keep in mind that I'm taking this army to a highly competative tournament in a month, so anything that I can do to it to make it stronger I'll consider. But so far I haven't had anyone give me a good reason to take slaves. I've run slaves before and never had them do anything for me.