PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Point Blood Dragon List - Vampire Counts - Upcoming RTT

Deloth Vyrr
23-10-2006, 05:25
So there's a RTT coming up and I've decided to enter my Vampire Counts, lemmy know what you guys think of the List:

Lords/Heroes: [703]

Blood Dragon Count - General
-Blood Drinker
-Heart Piercing
-Talisman of Protection
-Full Plate
-Enchanted Shield

Necromancer
-Level 2 Wizard Upgrade
-Book of Arkhan
-Dispel Scroll

Necromancer
-Level 2 Wizard Upgrade
-Staff of Damnation

Weight Lord
-Sword of Kings
-Heavy Armor
-Shield
-Nightmare
-Barding

Core: [592]

21 Skeletons
-Hand Weapons
-Shields
-Light Armor
-Full Command
Ranks of 6

21 Skeletons
-Hand Weapons
-Shields
-Light Armor
-Full Command
Ranks of 6

9 Ghouls

Special: [700]

24 Grave Guard
-Halberds (Wight Blades)
-Heavy Armor
-Shields
-Full Command
-Banner of Doom
Ranks of 5

9 Black Knights
-Lances (Wight Blades)
-Heavy Armor
-Shields
-Barding
-Full Command
-Banner of the Barrows

My Lord sits in the Grave Guard unit and will hold the center force of my army. The Mounted Wight Lord will ride with the Knights and my Necros hide in the skellie units and Raise/Cast.

Ghouls go wizard/war machine hunting

Feedback appreciated

ardude
23-10-2006, 10:08
you're low on magic, I don't think 3 level 2's will be enough.
and persoanlly I don't see how grave guards are that great I'd like to spend my points elsewere..

lorelorn
23-10-2006, 11:44
Personally I think your general would be better off on foot, as a Count rather than a Lord, in that Grave Guard unit. Add the War Banner too.

The Black Knights will be better off with a Wight Lord with the Sword of Kings joining them.

You're low on support units. No fell bats, no dire wolves, no banshees. I would consider dropping a unit of skeletons for more support units.

Keeping your general in the Grave Gaurd units and close to the skeleton unit(s) will mean those units can always march and will also maximise the benefits of the Staff of Damnation.

Deloth Vyrr
24-10-2006, 03:53
Personally I think your general would be better off on foot, as a Count rather than a Lord, in that Grave Guard unit. Add the War Banner too.

The Black Knights will be better off with a Wight Lord with the Sword of Kings joining them.

You're low on support units. No fell bats, no dire wolves, no banshees. I would consider dropping a unit of skeletons for more support units.

Keeping your general in the Grave Gaurd units and close to the skeleton unit(s) will mean those units can always march and will also maximise the benefits of the Staff of Damnation.

Yeah, sounds like that'd work a bit better, here check out my updated list

you're low on magic, I don't think 3 level 2's will be enough.
and persoanlly I don't see how grave guards are that great I'd like to spend my points elsewere..

Your entitled to your oppinion of course, but I find Grave Guard work amazing! With Halberds you have Strength 5 attacks with killing blow. Get charged? Drop to hand weapon and shield and you have a sick T4, 3+ save unit that can take a beating.

AngelofSorrow
24-10-2006, 04:58
I will have to agree Deloth here Grave Guard are tough. I've never used them myself but my Tomb Guard have squared off against them enough to know how tough they are.

ardude
24-10-2006, 07:49
yes, but the problem simply is that you cna't raise them, and you can bring back tomb guard

Kraal_Lord_Of_Blood
24-10-2006, 10:30
I´d suggest some dire wolfies.. and make the lord a count and equip him BETTER!!

Deloth Vyrr
24-10-2006, 11:51
I´d suggest some dire wolfies.. and make the lord a count and equip him BETTER!!

Well, my General IS a count now, changed long before you posted.

And equip him better?

His full plate and Enchanted shield give him a 2+ armor, 1+ in H2H with parry.
He has a 6+ ward, re-roll misses in combat and the Blood Drinker that regenerates a lost wound for every wound inflicted, which pretty much means either you dish out all 3 wounds at once and kill me outright, or I'll be back at full strength after the next time I attack. I CANT equip him any better as that is the points limit for equipment/powers right there.

I thought about Dire Wolves but I'm not a huge fan of the beast units so much. Not saying they arent good, I hear they can be amazing, its jus not me. I'm goin for more of the undead legion of death marching towards you thing.

yes, but the problem simply is that you cna't raise them, and you can bring back tomb guard

Well with the Banner of Doom, the entire unit has a ward save against all shooting while they march across the table, I rarely lose so much as one rank before hitting combat. The fact that I cant raise them isnt a big deal because the unit they smash into is often dead, then they usually find themselves taking a flank. Only twice have I lost my GG unit, one was against Skaven with Plague and the second was a gory battle against an empire horde army. Both times however my Grave Guard rolled over the line before dieing and certainly turned the tide of the battle in my favour.

sillywopper
01-11-2006, 19:21
i would suggest expanding that unit of ghouls a bit,dropping alot of those skellies,and getting some mobility in with fell bats or dire wolves(two small packs make for some nasty support).
Usually i automatically take a spirit host too,about 3 or 4 bases should give you some movable LOS blocking speedbumps to cover some of your vulnerable units out there