PDA

View Full Version : Shveen's IG army

shveen
23-10-2006, 22:37
After reading some amazing Project Logs, you Warseers have inspired me to start a project log for my IG (also it is part of a school project,but what the hey).
I plan to create 500 points of Guard for the Doubles Tournamnet in January.Eventually this will expand to 1000 points and so on. It will be all infantry with lots of Heavy Weapons.
I'll go through what I hope to paint:

27 lasgun Guard (doing)

1 plasma gun guard (doing)

1 flamer (not done)

1 grenade laucnher (done)

6 misile launchers (not done)

the command squad (done)

Here's My photobucket to kepp you posted:http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p230/shveen/?sc=1&addtype=local

BIG WARNING: I cannot paint for toffe so please don't exepect anything beyond satisfactory.

This is the Command Squad

KayvaanShrike
23-10-2006, 22:45
I can't see any pics.

shveen
23-10-2006, 22:49
Sorry made a bit of a cock up with the attachments ther should be some now.

shveen

Steel_Legion
23-10-2006, 22:58
looks not bad, but a few inks and highlighting and you would be laughing (mostly ink the gold chestnut and lightly highlight the edges of whatever it is, sold hilt, eagle emplem with 50/50 mithril silver shining gold) and that would look good, not a fan of the lipstick i'm afraid though, i will keep a watchful eye on this log. Also if you just highlighted the base colour of your blue with a touch of white, same with the black cloth, i think it would make a huge improvement, keep it up!

shveen
23-10-2006, 23:00
Thnaks for the help. Yes the commander should refrain from so mych lipstick I'll see that he does so :D

shveen

schoolcormorant
23-10-2006, 23:07
the colour scheme is remarkably similar to Ice's it's good in both cases IMO, i like the commissar, but as said you ought to attempt some inks. try 'Jakob rune nielsen' tutorials in Google, he has some excellent tutorials.

get on and start painting! a project log is really helpful.

SC

shveen
24-10-2006, 10:39
I've put my stuff into a photobucket now so her's the link for it all:

http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p230/shveen/

shveen

jostie
24-10-2006, 10:58
After reading some amazing Project Logs, you Warseers have inspired me to start a project log for my IG (also it is part of a school project,but what the hey).

painting mini's for school?! that's awsome!

||-MARKO-||
24-10-2006, 11:31
one word.

HIGHLIGHTS! YOU NEED HIGHLIGHTS!

pretty nice and all, but highlights and an ink wash into the crevases would really add a great deal of realism to the models. also, thin yer paints a bit more, not too much. it seems a bit... lumpy...

firestorm40k
24-10-2006, 20:34
Not everyone can paint like Hortwerth, or a Slayer Sword winner. I think these will look more than acceptable when they're on the table-top - and if you're wanting an army to game with, then that's the most important thing! :D

shveen
24-10-2006, 21:20
Even more crappy pics though this time I took you guys advice and went a bit crazy with multiple inks. What I have done is,from a black undercoat, painted ultramarines blue onto it and then givin it a blue Ink wash. Up close it gives a sort of highlighted effect (if you squint).

here's the link

http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p230/shveen/?sc=1&addtype=local

shveen

shveen
24-10-2006, 21:26
I hope to be getting the following things by the 19th of November:

60 Shock Troops (40 painted)
9 heavy weapons platforms (painted)
Basalisk (not painted)
10 Kaskrin (painted)

just thought I'd let you know

shveen

Steel_Legion
24-10-2006, 22:23
assuming that grenade launcher is the latest model, looks good so far, though the ink has pooled a little on his shoulder pad, apart from that i like, definitly adds instant depth, keep it up :D not that much to go by the look of things either