-Veteran
-Standard Bearer
-Musician
(Battle Standard Bearer)

Core: Dwarf Thunderers-160
10 Thunderers
-Veteran
-Standard Bearer
get rid of standard, u want these guys to shoot, not fight,saves points, same for otehr shotting regiments
10 Thunderers
-Veteran
-Standard Bearer

Core: Dwarf Quarrelers-140
10 Quarrelers
-Veteran
-Standard Bearer

Special: Dwarf Hammerers-327
19 Hammerers
-Gate Keeper
-Standard Bearer
-Musician
-Master Rune of Grungni
would a shield do about the same?
(Lord)

Special: Dwarf Cannon-125
-Rune of Forging

Special: Dwarf Cannon-130
-Rune of Forging
-Rune of Burning[/QUOTE]

Maybe a bolt thrower or 2, they are nice

Mazian
25-10-2006, 21:40
ditch the MR of gromril. just spend 5 points on a rune of stone and with teh shield you have about the same save and have the MR of spite as your backup protection. this would allow you to add a rune of cleaving to up your hitting power on the lord.

drop all the offensive stuff off the runssmith give him a rune of stone and a couple of dispell runes. your crazy to not have the ability to kill a spell when it needs to be stopped. give him a 2hander and let him bash heads the old fashioned way.

the upgrade to longbeards can be a big help. auto pass panic checks and other units within 6 inches reroll panic. give em a 30 point banner and you have a unit imune to panic, fear and terror.

ditch out the second warrior unit and replace with slayers. imune to psych and unbreakable troops who can be quite tough to kill despite no armor and can either be used as a tarpit or monster killers or just mean infantry to guard the rflank of your advance.

samw
25-10-2006, 22:07
Put your lord on shieldbearers, it's too good an upgrade to pass up. A rune of spellbreaking for the RS would be advisable too.

Danger Rat
31-10-2006, 08:30
comments in blue

Ok, second attempt.

Lord: Dwarf Lord-268
-Shield
Weapon
-Master Rune of Swiftness
-Rune of Fury
Armour
-Master Rune of Gomril
Talisman
-Master Rune of Spite
I would drop the MRG in favour of a rune of stone and shieldbearers same save and with extra attacks
Hero: Dwarf Runesmith-152
-Shield
Weapon
-Master Rune of Swiftness
Armour
-Rune of Stone
Talisman
-Master Rune of Balance
why the master rune of swiftness? id drop it and the MRB in favour of some dispel scrolls
Hero: Dwarf Thane-145
-Battle Standard Bearer
-Strollaz's Rune
not sure strollaz rune is a good choice given the number of missile uits you have best suited in my humble to combat dwarf armies id just take him as a bsb with some protection
Core: Dwarf Warriors-196
19 Dwarf Warriors
-Shields
-Veteran
-Standard Bearer
-Musician
(Runesmith)

Core: Dwarf Warriors-196
19 Dwarf Warriors
-Shields
-Veteran
-Standard Bearer
-Musician
(Battle Standard Bearer)

10 Thunderers
-Veteran
-Standard Bearer

10 Thunderers
-Veteran
-Standard Bearer

Core: Dwarf Quarrelers-140
10 Quarrelers
-Veteran
-Standard Bearer
drop the standard on all your missile units its easy vps for your opponent if they get beat in combat
Special: Dwarf Hammerers-327
19 Hammerers
-Gate Keeper
-Standard Bearer
-Musician
-Master Rune of Grungni
(Lord)
id drop the MRG in favour of shields, and a rune of stoicism and a rune of sanctuary and if you put the lord on a shield you will only need 18 hammerers as he takes up 2 spaces in rank
Special: Dwarf Cannon-125
-Rune of Forging

Special: Dwarf Cannon-130
-Rune of Forging
-Rune of Burning
I'd consider dropping 1 cannon in favour of a stone thrower or a pair of bolt throwers with engineers.

static grass
03-11-2006, 10:29
You can not combine a magic weapon with a shield for the +1 save in cc. The rule book states that magic weapons loose their ordinary rules for their type unless otherwise stated.

evan3363
11-11-2006, 09:14
it looks very solid

gortexgunnerson
12-11-2006, 15:20
You can not combine a magic weapon with a shield for the +1 save in cc. The rule book states that magic weapons loose their ordinary rules for their type unless otherwise stated.

Yes but if you give him shield bearers (+2 save) Gromril armour (4+ save) and a shield he has a 1+ save all the time he doesnt need to parry.

Its just a shame you cant run og stone him as well :( I really wanted a 0+ armour save with a 4+ ward for my Lord. But alas the sheild bearers stop it from happeneing.

Yer look good if you follow the advice offered, some good suggestions on an already pretty solid list minus the illegal bits :skull: :chrome: Although I like putting my Lord and BsB toggether for a unit of vast smiting of anything that comes too close. It allows the Lord to protect the softer characters of the list.

Another thing is i'd drop one set of warriors and get some miners as they are great for giving an army abit of speed or else it can be difficult to deal with enemy artillery or shooty armies

DeathlessDraich
12-11-2006, 16:45
I'm not sure about 2 cannons. Bolt Throwers with runes and engineers are almost as effective, cheaper and obviate the danger of misfires.

Teach
13-11-2006, 13:53
I favor bolts to instead of cannons. Yesterday played a 2000pts game with dwarfs. the orthopther worked wonders. Maybe make one unit warriors or xbows >rangers for extra felx with deploiment. Tell use how you did it the tour.
Cheers

Thargrund
15-11-2006, 17:40
hi,

Ok i think that on the whole it is a very good list, you might want to re consider giving the ruesmith Mro swiftnees and replace it with spell breaker rune - well you cant have two anyway so you might as well. also i make the runesmith to be 5pts over its wargear limit. i love the big units of warriors. Drop all of the standard on the missile units as already said. I like cannons however it might be better to take 2 basic bolt throwers and an organ gun, with the OG you can take out more per turn, and hence is better against horde armies. the bolt throwers can also take out about the same as a cannon and imo are more reliable.

Hope i was helpfull