PDA

View Full Version : 1000 point Skaven army

Avok
25-10-2006, 00:16
Hey all, I'm in a bit of a time crunch at the moment, so I'll be short and sweet with this for now. This is my first attempt at making a Skaven list, and was wondering what you all think.

Chieftan-
Desolate Blade
Heavy Armour
Shield
@91pts.

Warlock Engineer-
Warp Blades
Upgraded Warp-Energy Condenser
Warp-Power Accumulator
@85pts.

19 Clanrats-
Musician
Standard Bearer
Clawleader
@120pts.

20 Clanrats-
Musician
Standard Bearer
Clawleader
@125pts.

2 Giant Rat Packs
@60pts.

20 Plague Monks-
Additional Hand Weapons
Musician
Standard Bearer
Deacon
Banner of Burning Hatred
@210pts.

4 Rat Ogre Packs
@200pts.

6 Plague Censer Bearers
@102pts.

TOTAL-993pts.

Thoughts/criticisms/etc?

Dasqueek-Master Assassin
25-10-2006, 06:22
i like it except for the desolate blade. make it a great weapon an spen the extra points on a ratling gun or two. the are beasts at this points level

Teach
25-10-2006, 09:52
Yep, ratling guns at this point level are dev-a-stating! For the warlock you don't need one of the gear as you can only use 3 dice max. Get a stormdeamon! more lightning! or not, for i ussually throw ones and kill the warlock but that is live for a skaven (-player). hehehe.
Haven fun!

Avok
25-10-2006, 14:14
Okay, thanks for the response guys.

I'll consider dropping the Desolate Blade for a great weapon, and which piece of gear on the Warlock should I consider dropping?

Skitter-Squeek
26-10-2006, 04:41
Avok See my response in the Skaven Council of Thirteen... Stay away from more then one ratling gun for 1k or under if you do more then 1 you will be put in place with the Sad crowd and noone wants to be grouped with them trust me. But yea welcome.

monstallion
26-10-2006, 06:33
Yeah the warlock doesnt need the accumulator as can only use 3 dice max.
I would probably drop all the rat ogres as they never seem to do much, would boost all of the clan rats to at least 25 they need to outnumber most things really.

I really really like warpfire throwers, a lot more that ratling guns. These are especially ace in lower point games due to the lower leadership for armies one wound and these babies cause a panic test:eek: Also they blow up rather spectacularly unlike that ratling gun, far too safe for me.

Desolate blade is good also so would keep that rather than going for a great weapon, skaven leaders aint the best at saving wounds especially without a ward save and your chieftain would only get a 5+ save with a great weapon but gets a 4+ save with the desolate blade. Also you strike in initative order after the first turn which means you will normally be going first which I find to be very important.

nice army and good luck with the rats

Kev

Dasqueek-Master Assassin
26-10-2006, 13:57
you can keep the desolate blade if you want, but i think there are much better weapon combinations. like the languiser sword+ bands of power :skull:
bad a is all i can say.
yeah drop the accumulator in favor of the storm deamon again :skull:
4 rat ogres is a little excessive at 1000pts. drop one and up the # of clan rats per squad to 25 and the giant rats to 3 packs OR you could add in a ratling gun :evilgrin:
this llist is going to be highly competative, just to let you know

Avok
26-10-2006, 21:03
Okay everyone, I've made a few changes based on advice here and in the Council of Thirteen thread....here's the new list:

Chieftan-
Great Weapon
Heavy Armour
Shield
Warpstone Amulet
@80pts.

Warlock Engineer-
Warp Blades
Upgraded Warp-Energy Condenser
Dispell Scroll
@95pts.

24 Clanrats-
Musician
Standard Bearer
Clawleader
@145pts.

25 Clanrats-
Musician
Standard Bearer
Clawleader
@150pts.

20 Clanrat Slaves-
Musician
Pawleader
@52pts.

2 Giant Rat Packs
@60pts.

2 Rat Ogre Packs
@100pts.

20 Plague Monks-
Additional Hand Weapons
Musician
Standard Bearer
Deacon
Banner of Burning Hatred
@210pts.

6 Plague Censer Bearers
@102pts.

TOTAL-994pts.

There we have it. Thoughts now?

Skitter-Squeek
27-10-2006, 06:15
I like it that list will Own pretty Much Anything if played right. I applaud you sir.

Avok
27-10-2006, 13:55
Thank you, mighty Skitter-Squeek...is victory not inevitable for the brave Skaven legions anyway?;)

Skitter-Squeek
29-10-2006, 08:07
Yes very true I forgot The ol' And we shall Inherit the earth And Enslave the rest mUwhahaha:D

Gekiganger
29-10-2006, 08:33
I say drop the ratpack (both) and get some Night Runners (13 for luck) and spend the rest on slaves or a few more plague monks, infact anything.

I've just never seen ratpacks perform better than rank and file.