PDA

View Full Version : Dwarf Rangers

larabic
25-10-2006, 04:06
Which type of rangers does everybody perfer? If you upgrade them from quarrellers then you have light armor and crossbows. If you upgrade them from warriors then you have heavy armor and throwing axes. Both obviously come with great weps.

I just made a unit of 20 with heavy armor and throwing axes myself i want them to slow down and possbily engage an enemy early. But should i make a seperate unit with crossbows, just so i can have the option of more shooting? How do others arm their rangers?

larabic
26-10-2006, 03:19
No opinions on this? I know there is Dwarf players out there somewhere.

Finn Sourscowl
26-10-2006, 07:25
I took rangers for the first time in a recent tournament and in every single game I didn't have the option of deploying them anywhere outside my deployment zone. During the tournament, I was thinking they were a bit of a waste. But then afterwards, I realised that actually, being able to deploy a fully ranked up regiment exactly where you need them in your deployment zone, relative to what your opponent has done, is definatly worth the extra points. So my advice would be, unless you think you'll be fighting on battlefields with lots of sceanary you can hide behind, drop the axes and use them more as reinforcements for whereever your battle line looks weakest...

Just my opinion, of course :)