PDA

View Full Version : News from GW Canada

rkunisch
01-07-2005, 13:49
Just stumbled over this (http://ca.games-workshop.com/Community/Events_Calendar/eternalwar_event.htm).

As interesting as a rulebook signed by Eliah Wood would be, I am more interested in the Every copy includes a free limited edition Frodo and Gandalf! part. :p

It is a shame that Toroto is that far away from Germany. :(

Have fun,

Rolf.

Shadowheart
01-07-2005, 14:41
What's a shame is that GW does limited editions. I hate those things. A cheap trick to add interest to an otherwise ordinary miniature that has the added benefit of getting a lot of people to miss out. Let's hope that at least these same miniatures will be available at other events in the rest of the world.

Baggers
01-07-2005, 17:46
Its probably what the Americans did with the launch of the first LOTR DVD put a voucher in that gave you a free Frodo and Gandalf from the Fellowship box.

rkunisch
01-07-2005, 18:16
Its probably what the Americans did with the launch of the first LOTR DVD put a voucher in that gave you a free Frodo and Gandalf from the Fellowship box.
I hope so. But this would not really qualify as limited edition, wouldn't it?

Have fun,

Rolf.

Baggers
02-07-2005, 09:56
Your probably right. But you never know.

Garoth
02-07-2005, 18:48
I hope so. But this would not really qualify as limited edition, wouldn't it?

Have fun,

Rolf.

The models might not be limited, but the box would be.

Hopefully this just the "Old Friends Meet Again" boxed set (with Fellowship Frodo and Gandalf), I don't wan't there to be another two limited models that I need to buy from eBay.

starlight
02-07-2005, 19:03
Ding, ding, ding. Give Garoth a prize!

When GW Canada and I parted ways last year they still had cases upon cases of "Old Friends Meet Again" and it looks like someone is trying to offload them rather then sending them to the auction bin.

Baggers
02-07-2005, 20:34
Ding, ding, ding. Give Garoth a prize!

When GW Canada and I parted ways last year they still had cases upon cases of "Old Friends Meet Again" and it looks like someone is trying to offload them rather then sending them to the auction bin.

Well that confirms what I suspected really.

Shadowheart
04-07-2005, 08:04
Advertising a plain old Fellowship Frodo and Gandalf as limited editions would be low even by GW's standards. I agree that's probably what they'll do.

I hope so as well, nothing against my fellow collectors in Canada, but they already get an early shot at the book, the starter with the new plastics and maybe Elijah's scribble, so that's not too bad.