PDA

View Full Version : "Tree Hugger host"

John Wayne II
25-10-2006, 14:28
Hey. A 2000 points army list for you lot to mull over. There are only two characters but that's because I wanted more troops and I figured I didn't need any more. I like the Spellweaver better than two Spellsingers because you get acess to the Lore of Life and the Beast one, which IMO can be better than the Athel Loren one. Well, here it is:

Lords and Heroes

Spellweaver
Ranu's heartstone
Dispel Scroll

Noble
BSB
Annoyance of Netlings

Troops

10 Glade Guard

10 Glade Guard

5 Scouts
Banner of the Zenith

8 Dryads

8 Dryads

8 Dryads

Special

3 Treekin

7 Wardancers (BSB goes here)

5 Wild Riders
Banner, musician

5 Wild Riders
Banner, musician

Rare

Treeman

Great Eagle

god octo
25-10-2006, 17:12
looks okay, if you have any extra points, you may want to give the BSB some light armour.

My only suggestion on tactics is that you run the Wardancerts + BSB between the treekin and treeman, as they both are susceptable to being broken and fleeing.

Morthoron
02-11-2006, 10:18
Its not a bad list, but I would suggest the following...

-Increase the size of your scouts - if your giving them a standard you really don't want them to be scared off the table by a unit of Warhounds or something! I would recommend 8 - its big enough to hopefully survive an attack while small enough to deploy.
-If your putting your BSB in the Wardancers I would recommend the you try and find him a little bit of a better save than the 0 he's got at the moment. Annoyance of Netlings is very good, but at the end of the day there are ways of getting round a challenge.
-I have nothing against the Spellweaver, but I would recommend you stick with the Lore of Athel Loren - its is a seriously nice lore. Not overtly offensive, but who can argue with a regenerating Treeman or getting an extra charge with those Wild Riders?

Hope this helps,

Morthoron.

DesertDirge
02-11-2006, 13:57
why do your scouts have a banner??

god octo
02-11-2006, 16:01
the banner allows the scouts to march block anyone within 12in, instead of the usual 8in.

Von Wibble
02-11-2006, 18:46
I disagree with increasing the size of the scouts. Hounds etc shouldn't be able to see them unless that hound unit is to be killed during the turn. Keep the scouts out of sight but within 12" and they'll do fine.

Iziuth
03-11-2006, 08:48
Isn't it illegal to put a non wardancer character in a unit of wardancers?? You can't put a wardancer character in a normal unit.

god octo
03-11-2006, 10:16
nope- its the other way round- a wardancer heor can only go in a wardancer unit. The 5th ed rule regarding wardancers and heros was removed. They make a great bodyguard for my spellweaver.