PDA

View Full Version : Chaos: Demonic Legion rules question

alphamale
25-10-2006, 18:51
Hi all,

I'm new to WFB... and about to start purchasing models for my army. But before I do, I'd like to clarify the following rule in the SOC Demonic Legion Armylist:

------------------------------------------------------
"For each unit of these(true core unit) you include in your army allows you to field one other (non-True) Core Unit, one Special Unit and one Rare Unit of the same Greater Power."

True Core Units:
Demonettes

Non-True Core Unit:
Mtd Demonettes
------------------------------------------------------

Now does this mean that I cannot legally create a list without Demonettes(true-core)?

Or does it mean I can field Mtd Demonettes x 3 units, and adhere to the standard 3+ Core, 0-4 Special, 0-2 Rare for 2000pts game?

When I first came across this rule, I read it as I MUST field a True Core Unit, which will then allow me access to 1 Non-True Core Unit, 1 Special and 1 Rare.

I would love nothing more than to be able to legally field a list roughly consisting of:

4 x Mtd Demonettes
3 x Pleasure Seekers
2 x Chariots
2 x Characters
~2000pts

Thanks in advance.

Avian
25-10-2006, 19:01
Now does this mean that I cannot legally create a list without Demonettes(true-core)?

Or does it mean I can field Mtd Demonettes x 3 units, and adhere to the standard 3+ Core, 0-4 Special, 0-2 Rare for 2000pts game?
The former. The latter interpretation, in addition to being incorrect, also makes the restriction pointless. :p

Thus in addition to having the normal restrictions on Core, Special & Rare, you cannot have more no-True Core units of any one type than you have True Core units.

DeathlessDraich
25-10-2006, 22:05
You need 3 units of Daemonettes (3 true core) for 3 units of 3 pleasureseekers (3 Specials). You can then have 2 chariots - 2 rare.
A DaemonPrince and herald will set you back quite a few points. Although not obligatory, you will need a GreaterIcon and possibly an Unholy Icon as well leaving you with just enough points for only 1 unit of Mtd Daemonettes for 2000pts.
There's also a variation with fewer Pleasureseekers and more MTdDaemonettes which is slightly stronger.
I've played with a Slaanesh SOC with the above list and it is quite fun. I've also tried the combination with a Keeper.

alphamale
26-10-2006, 02:53
Thanks for the reply :)

I thought so too, but someone said its possible to field an all Mtd Demonette force in a Demonic Legion and I went to pieces hoping its true and wanted to check.

Thanks again :)

Toddums
26-10-2006, 08:25
It should be noted that some tournies will no longer allow demonic legion lists or any other storm of chaos lists for that matter.

alphamale
26-10-2006, 14:07
Hey Toddums.

Thats rather unfortunate for Demonic Legion players...:cries:

Toddums
26-10-2006, 14:09
Yea, demons really need that boost too (the demonic legion list).

gjnoronh
26-10-2006, 23:05
Alphamale wander over to www.thedaemoniclegion.com to learn more about daemonic legion. Depends on your country but GT's in the US, Canada, and continental Europe are allowing them this current season.

alphamale
27-10-2006, 03:22
Hey gjnoronh,

Thanks for the link! :)