PDA

View Full Version : High Elf Swordmasters

DragonPup
25-10-2006, 19:47
I have a question on the Swordmaster's special rule reguarding their great weapons. If the SMs get charged, do they strike last as normal, or in initiative order?

Here is the wording of the rule from the HE book...
Swordmasters: May use a great sword as deftly as a normal sword. Instead of striking last in any turn they don't charge, they strike in Initiative order as explained on page 68 of the Warhammer rules. A great weapon used by a Swordmaster will still strike blows at +2 strength.

Now, I started to play starting with 7th, so I can't reference page 68. But the rule says any turn in which the swordmasters don't charge, they strike in Initiative order. Does this include turns in which they are charged? Thanks

NakedFisherman
25-10-2006, 19:52
Now, I started to play starting with 7th, so I can't reference page 68. But the rule says any turn in which the swordmasters don't charge, they strike in Initiative order. Does this include turns in which they are charged? Thanks

Yes, it includes turns in which they are charged.

However, keep in mind that chargers strike first.

TheWarSmith
25-10-2006, 19:59
fisherman is right. They'd only go first against chargers that had a special rule such as strike last/initiative order(zombies)

DragonPup
25-10-2006, 21:36
Good to know, like I said, I only started Fantasy so I wasn't sure. Thanks. :D

bamber
29-10-2006, 18:18
bit of advise swordmasters die too easy to shooting u lucky to get them in combat, take white lions or cav

Gorbad Ironclaw
29-10-2006, 18:52
Or know what you are doing...