PDA

View Full Version : Fast Cavalry and Immune to Psychology in 7th Ed

alphamale
26-10-2006, 15:43
Hey guys,

Quick question, under 7th Ed rules for Immune to Psychology gives immunity to fear, terror and panic. Does this mean that Fast Cav that have Immune to Psychology may choose Flee as a charge reaction?

Many thanks in advance.

Kadrium
26-10-2006, 15:51
Ahhh.... umm... Can't everyone choose to flee as a charge reaction? I'm a bit confused what the ItP has to do with your question..

alphamale
26-10-2006, 15:54
As far as I know, ItP doesnt allow a unit to choose flee as a charge reaction. Which is why in a Chaos army, Marauder Horseman Fast Cav is better than Mtd Demonettes. The latter is ItP.

I was hoping this would be changed in 7th Ed and that Mtd Demonettes now operate as a true Fast Cav unit. But wasnt sure :)

NakedFisherman
26-10-2006, 15:57
What they're immune to has no effect on their inability to flee.

No, they cannot flee as a charge reaction.

TheWarSmith
26-10-2006, 16:01
I'm having trouble thinking of any fast cav that are immune to psych aside from the already mentioned mounted daemonettes, and you kinda deserve to get beaten if you let those beauties get charges go off on them.

alphamale
26-10-2006, 16:05
My orginal post wasnt worded very well. I meant to say that since under 7th Ed rules, Immune to Psychology allows positive benefits to the unit, I was wondering if this meant that units who are Immune to Psychology are now allowed to choose Flee as a charge reaction.

Nevertheless thanks for answering.

Latro
26-10-2006, 16:23
:wtf: ... reading the rulebook might also help.

"Immune to Psychology" has its own nice little paragraph where you can find, in nice little and very clear black on white letters, the rule that prevents them from using the flee-reaction.

... there is nothing confusing or unclear about.

enyoss
26-10-2006, 16:39
I'm having trouble thinking of any fast cav that are immune to psych aside from the already mentioned mounted daemonettes, and you kinda deserve to get beaten if you let those beauties get charges go off on them.

Tomb King chariots and light horsemen are Immune to Psychology and are Fast Cavalry. I can think of a few other specific examples but I think they are the main ones.

Cheers,

enyoss

Rork
26-10-2006, 16:40

Wood Elf Wild Riders are ItP and Fast cavalry, I believe.

Mephistofeles
26-10-2006, 16:46
What does it matter that they are fast cav.? Can't everybody choose to flee as a charge reaction, wether they are cav. or infantry?

Edit: As long as they aren't ItP.

Edit again: Fluff-wise, why the heck can't units who are ItP choose to flee? Fleeing as a charge reaction is more like Tactical Withdrawal, right?

TheWarSmith
26-10-2006, 16:49
forgot about the TK, but it's pretty commonly known that no TK unit can ever flee(due to this reason)

Fredrik
26-10-2006, 17:08
And also the brilliant fleshounds, fast cav, frenzy, not being able to flee as a charge reaction. What where they thinking.

Atrahasis
26-10-2006, 17:12
And also the brilliant fleshounds, fast cav, frenzy, not being able to flee as a charge reaction. What where they thinking.

Screens for other frenzied units - as fast cav they can move backwards at no penalty.

Flankers, as fast cav with 2 high strength attacks they can break standard infantry alone.

I'm sorry, Flesh Hounds are good, and anyone who thinks they aren't is too stuck in the "fast cav are bait" mindset.

Festus
26-10-2006, 18:58
Hi
Fluff-wise, why the heck can't units who are ItP choose to flee? Fleeing as a charge reaction is more like Tactical Withdrawal, right?
read p. 53 of the BRB :)

Festus

GranFarfar
26-10-2006, 20:54
Edit again: Fluff-wise, why the heck can't units who are ItP choose to flee? Fleeing as a charge reaction is more like Tactical Withdrawal, right?

They are too proud to be tactical if I remeber correctly. :D

Multifarious
26-10-2006, 22:40
Too proud/brave/stupid/confused/aroused (I assume that is why Slaaneshi folks cannot flee)/ out of control.

gjnoronh
26-10-2006, 23:07
On the flesh hounds topic - I think they and nurglings are the two best daemonic troops in the game. ITP str 4 2 attack fear causing fast cav with a ward save?!?! Trust me use them with a brain and you'll love them.

alphamale
27-10-2006, 03:19
:wtf: ... reading the rulebook might also help.

"Immune to Psychology" has its own nice little paragraph where you can find, in nice little and very clear black on white letters, the rule that prevents them from using the flee-reaction.

... there is nothing confusing or unclear about.

If I had the 7th Ed rulebook I wouldnt be posting here asking about it. If my question bothers you so much, why take the trouble to answer.

No where did I mention it was unclear, as I, as stated above, do not currently have access to the 7th Ed rulebook.

Do me and the rest of the community a favour and take your snide remarks elsewhere. This forum section exists to help those who need clarification on rules, and not for you to come in here and put others down for asking.

Tutore
27-10-2006, 07:45
ItP cannot, although it has little sense; furious units obviously cannot.

Festus
27-10-2006, 11:01
Hi

If I had the 7th Ed rulebook I wouldnt be posting here asking about it. If my question bothers you so much, why take the trouble to answer.
Maybe it is because we all pay more for the rules because of leeches... ?

(and it happens to be a copyright infringement BTW)
:rolleyes:

Shaitan
27-10-2006, 11:22
On the flesh hounds topic - I think they and nurglings are the two best daemonic troops in the game. ITP str 4 2 attack fear causing fast cav with a ward save?!?! Trust me use them with a brain and you'll love them.

Sorry, but I think Nurglings suck. With their Daemonic Instability they are just too unreliable. A swarm is meant to hold a unit or a flank for several turns. With their Daemonic instability the chances that they will just 'pop' are far to great if you ask me. I would rather have some Spawns of Chaos on a flank, since they are able to deal some damage as well.

Maybe a bit OT: I think the best Daemonic troops in the game are Furies, Screamers and Daemonettes. The Furies and Screamers because they can fly of course. And the Daemonettes because of their M5.

T10
27-10-2006, 11:25
That particular rule actually spells out why.

-T10

alphamale
27-10-2006, 12:36
Hi

Maybe it is because we all pay more for the rules because of leeches... ?

(and it happens to be a copyright infringement BTW)
:rolleyes:

Firstly, that is no excuse for belittling others.

Secondly, maybe my local hobby store hasn't received their copy of the 7th Ed Rulebook yet.

And asking a question regarding the rules isn't infringement, or this forum wouldn't exist. I could ask this same question in a GW store or GT without fear of "copyright infringement".

I didn't ask for the patrons of warseer.com to spell out the entire contents of 7th Ed Rulebook. I merely wanted to check on a particular point since I had read that ItP allows for positive effects under 7th.

Multifarious
27-10-2006, 13:09
Immune to Psychology does allow positive effects in 7th. It still doesn't allow flee as a charge reaction though.

alphamale
27-10-2006, 13:13
Hey Multifarious,

Yep I got that clarified :)

For some reason I thought, maybe, just maybe, it'll allow flee as a charge reaction.

Latro
27-10-2006, 13:16

On the same note, if my reaction bothers you so much ... *fill in the blanks*

No where did I mention it was unclear, as I, as stated above, do not currently have access to the 7th Ed rulebook.

Correct, and neither did you mention you needed this because you didn't have the rulebook. This forum is used to ask about and argue over the rules, how they are to be used and anything else that is unclear about them ... and not as a substitute for having no book at all.

So if you come with a question like yours, it seems a lot like you simply didn't bother to read it, or did read it but disliked parts of it and busy trying to give a different interpretation to it.

So prevent any confusion and say "Hey, I don't have the rulebook (yet), but I wan't to know if Immunity to Psychology prevent charge as a flee reaction or not."

Do me and the rest of the community a favour and take your snide remarks elsewhere. This forum section exists to help those who need clarification on rules, and not for you to come in here and put others down for asking.

Like I said, the keyword being clarification here.

I'm not interested in any flaming, trolling or anything like that ... so as far as I'm concerned all has been said and done. If you're looking for an apology, fine, I have a few spare ones lying around.

:can't find a shrugging smiley, but this is one anyway:

alphamale
27-10-2006, 13:58
On the same note, if my reaction bothers you so much ... *fill in the blanks*

Like I said, the keyword being clarification here.

First of all, your original post bothers me because it was aimed at me with its snide comments, while my original post was not aimed at you, but at the general warseer.com community.

Secondly, a lack of clarification on my part does not award you or anyone else the right to belittle me.

Edit: spelling

Atrahasis
27-10-2006, 14:40
Secondly, a lack of clarification on my part does not award you or anyone else the right to belittle me.

Latro was not talking about clarification on your part.

He was saying (or rather quoting your own words) that this forum exists for clarification of the rules, and not as a source for obtaining rules. There is a difference.

Anyway, this is off-topic and I can't really see anything further that can be gained from this thread.

bamber
29-10-2006, 18:10
yeah but fleeing would suggest they lost their nerve and pulled back to regroup where as units immune to pyschocology fear nothing and would not disgrace themselves with running and loosing their banner and respect