PDA

View Full Version : Plastic thunderers, can it be true?

Unforgiven
01-07-2005, 19:09
The manager of my GW was hinting the imminent release of plastic thunderers. So whats the deal, has anybody else heard about this?

Freak Ona Leash
01-07-2005, 19:24
No, its not true. Nothing good ever happens to Dwarfs.

laserkatten
01-07-2005, 19:29
Adding plastic thunderers and a plastic cannon for the battalion would be the most logical progress for GW.

rkunisch
01-07-2005, 19:32
It is in the rumours (look into the other threads in this section) that Dwarves may be in for an overhaul in the not so distant future (we still talk about 2006!). Thunderers would not be that unlikely, because you can assume that the plastic kit for the Dwarves will get some friends. :p

As the crossbow minis are likely to be re-made, it would be not that difficult to add a thunderers option. Unfortunately I can offer you nothing more than that, because it is still too far away to get anything solid. :(

Have fun,

Rolf.

Nazguire
02-07-2005, 00:32
Oh I hope so. To me, the Thunderers are terrible, as is most of the Dwarf range. Some decent multipart plastic Thunderers would be just what would be needed for the Dwarfs to start picking up more potential players.

Crazy Harborc
02-07-2005, 01:35
Awwww, but, how many of them will be IN the box?? Will it be 10.....12.....or 16?? I am hoping for a remake and still at least 16 per box!! I admit I expect less than 16, with more weapons choices to select from...in each box. Why do I say that?? If GW offfers more weapons etc. to choose from instead of 16 minies per box......THAT will mean buying more boxes to get a unit of 20 or more.

GW isn't doing customers a favor to offer more choices in a box AND less actual minies that can be made with a box of parts.

Unforgiven
02-07-2005, 19:55
Well, yeah it would be great but thats just what I heard...

Voss
05-07-2005, 05:01
Well, hey, they could go with what they did with the new genestealers and include a grand total of 8. (Nevermind that the unit strength is 6-12)
:wtf:

But seriously. Dwarves are lacking in plastic. GW wants more plastic units, particularly core. So...
New dwarven plastics are likely, and they might as well go with a useful unit.

Analysis: Quite possible. At some point.

User Name
05-07-2005, 05:28
man that would be so nice to have some plastic thundrers, I imagine they would be a box that could make xbows and thundrers

The boyz
05-07-2005, 14:39
Yeah the GW manager at my local store was saying that, they are thinking of bringing out a boxed set containing either the option to have your Dwaves armed as Thunderers or crossbowmen. Wether this is true or not I am not sure. But fingers crossed they do.

Kuro, Pitlord
05-07-2005, 16:47
x-bows and thunderers sounds good to me but that would mean they would have to change the warriors too coz they get X-bows in their box already :D

erion
05-07-2005, 17:03
In which case you get one regiment that gets you hand weapon & shield, crossbows, or thunderers all in one box. It makes perfect sense because then they only have to produce/stock one code to handle three unit types for the army.

rkunisch
05-07-2005, 17:52
In which case you get one regiment that gets you hand weapon & shield, crossbows, or thunderers all in one box. It makes perfect sense because then they only have to produce/stock one code to handle three unit types for the army.
No, it does not make much sense. The poses of the two types are too different. I can think of a main body sprue which can be reused for both boxes, but I bet we will see at least two boxes.

Have fun,

Rolf.

Malakai
06-07-2005, 02:39
No, it does not make much sense. The poses of the two types are too different. I can think of a main body sprue which can be reused for both boxes, but I bet we will see at least two boxes.

Have fun,

Rolf.

Who knows, look at the DE warrior set, they are capable of having crossbows or spears, though I find their lower bodies awkward. I hope you are right.

Malakai

Voss
06-07-2005, 04:47
It could be done with seperate arms and heads. Happens with the 40K models all the time. Turn the head to the left, facing down the barrel/stock of the weapon, and they're aiming, face front, and they're pose to fight the foe with hand weapons raised. You just have to take some liberties with the way the feet are aligned. (ie. ignore it)

Redowl
08-07-2005, 00:03
Personally, I'm hoping for a thunderer/xbow combo box. I'm a traditionalist so there's no balck powder in my dwarf army, yet. Though really cool new thunderers could change that.

P.S. This is my first time to the forum since the new look and I have to say it is very cool! Thanks to all the Warseer staff for giving us somewhere to go post Protent.

Xisor
08-07-2005, 00:08
I think it'll be a case that they can finally seperate them up into Light Armour and Heavy Armour sprues. The combinations from the box *should* allow every combination. Perhaps with a sprue(or metals) for Miners and Rangers?(Pickaxe arms and candle-helmets vs ranger 'looking' Dwarfs...) (Rangers...should they have throwing axes normally, that can be upgraded to crossbows for a smaller cost)

I like the idea of new things for Dwarfs, but not new Longbeard models, longbeard rules yes, models NO They're too nice.

Xior