PDA

View Full Version : Pirate themed army

mfran00
27-10-2006, 14:03
Well, I've made a new army (yes it Ogres). I know most people think theyre garbage. But I put together so nice units.

Tyrant-256
Siegebreaker
Wyrdstone Necklace

Hunter-195
Mastadon Armour

Buthcer-180
2 Dispel

Units
----------
4* (3)Bulls with musician
(4) Bulls full command (for Butcher)
(7)Ironguts full command war banner
2*(2) Leadbelchers with musician
2*(8)Trappers
2*DOW cannon

The whole army is themed as pirates and has been very effective. What does anybody else think? I didn't think that it would be broken to include a DOW cannon. I just thought that the rest of the army can kill a horde army, but not cav or large targets. That's what I find normally with my Ogres anyway. They can either be designed to kill cav and large targets or hordes. There is no middle ground. However I do think that this blend of things can be balanced enough to do well. But, as I said, I was wondering if other people thought it would be too heinous.

Thanks

EDIT: I'm sorry I originally posted this in the rules forum. My bad.

marv335
27-10-2006, 14:08
i think the DoW cannon spoils the theme/look of the army.

mfran00
27-10-2006, 14:12
well, i was going to use 40k grots with blunderbusses as crew. and the Skull pass cannon as the model.

mfran00
27-10-2006, 14:12
besides, so far none of my opponents have complained about cheese or anything.

Ciaphas
30-10-2006, 11:31
Well...if you want DoW units, then I'd take Long Drong and his band of pirates. After all, they are pirates and would fit the theme.

I don't really see cannons being in a pirate themed army.

Ciaphas

eldrak
30-10-2006, 12:07
Of course pirates will have cannons.

I'm wondering about the performance of the "(7)Ironguts full command war banner" unit. Does it perform good enough for its points or is it just some way to get LOS rolls for your characters?