PDA

View Full Version : noob rule question

mark.
27-10-2006, 18:26
Hi,

I have got some questions:

With frenzy do you get +1 attacks or x2 attacks?
If x2, does frenzy give a champion in a unit 4 or 3 attacks of a frenzy unit?

What does killing blow exactly do?

When you have won combat of another unit, can you place your models around that unit so you get more attacks the next turn?

What does fear exactly do?

Can a chariot/flying unit march or not?

Im sorry to ask these questions but I dotn have the rulebook so...

Many thanks in the advance :)

woytek
27-10-2006, 18:33
Hi,

I have got some questions:

With frenzy do you get +1 attacks or x2 attacks?
If x2, does frenzy give a champion in a unit 4 or 3 attacks of a frenzy unit?
You will get +1 attack and with mounted models, the steed also gets an extra attack.

What does killing blow exactly do?
If you have the killing blow special ability, every dice that rolls a 6 on the "to wound roll" automatically slays his enemy without armour save allowed. The model isn't slain if the model stands on a 40mm base I think.

When you have won combat of another unit, can you place your models around that unit so you get more attacks the next turn?
You cannot anymore, the only thing you are allowed to do is place a few models from the rear rank to the front rank with a maximum of 5(?).

What does fear exactly do?
If you want to charge a fear causing enemy, you must make a test on your leadership and if you fail you may not charge. If you are being charged by a fear causing enemy, you must take a leadership test also. If you fail this test you will hit on 6's.

Can a chariot/flying unit march or not?

Im sorry to ask these questions but I dotn have the rulebook so...

Many thanks in the advance :)

Flyers can, chariot can't I think.

no problem

TheWarSmith
27-10-2006, 18:34
It's +1, PERIOD.

Killing blow works like this. When rolling to wound a model that is unit strength 2 or less(roughly man sized), any 6 that you roll to wound will kill your opponent outright, regardless of toughness, wounds, or armoursave. He will get any applicable ward saves.

That used to be called lapping around. You can no longer do it. You can change your formation if you want by expanding frontage, etc. if you WIN the combat. You can expand frontage by removing models from the rear rank and making yourself wider. I can't recall the exact specifics though on that one.

Fear
enemies must roll leadership to charge fear causing opponents. If they fail, they stand still. When receiving a charge by fear, the opponent rolls leadership. If they fail, 1 of 2 things happen. If they outnumber the fear causers, then they simply hit on 6s for that round of combat. If the fear causers outnumber, then they will flee(ONLY if the charge would have been succesful). If you lose to a fear causing opponent and you are outnumbered, you run automatically(unless you roll snake eyes for leadership).

Fear causing troops are immune to fear. terror causers only cause fear to fear causing units.

Chariots cannot march. They ONLY double their movement when charging.

Flyers don't march, they simply move up to 20". If they fail a charge for whatever reason, they still go their full 20". Flyers don't use a "movement" value normally, so it's not marching. If for whatever reason they choose to use their ground M value, they can march(go tzeentch screamers w/ M1!!!)

All of these questions are in the rulebook. If you're not using the rulebook to learn, it's gonna be a harsh learning curve and you're going to be playing odd games.

Flame
27-10-2006, 18:44
Have you got a rulebook?

mark.
27-10-2006, 18:59
Wow really fast replies, thanks for the answers.

But I will be playing in 6th edition rules, so some things go the old way.

Oh and i dont have got a rulebook.

ALso another question:
can you normally shoot on fear causing units? I heard different things and am not sure about it, so I want to know it for sure now.

So frenzy is just +1 attack and for instance chaos knights on khorne, do their steeds also get 2 attacks or not (im a little confused)

Festus
27-10-2006, 19:06
ALso another question:
can you normally shoot on fear causing units? I heard different things and am not sure about it, so I want to know it for sure now.
Yes, you can.

In 6th:
Evry model gets one additional attack for frenzy, mounts do not benefit.

KB has been explained.

Lapping round is in 6th: If you win a round of combat, you may put two models from the back rank on each of the oponent's unit's sides (a total of up to 4). They count as flank or rear attacks (with the bonus to CR as long as the whole unit is US5 or more).
They must redress if being charged themselves.

Festus

enyoss
27-10-2006, 19:08
Please, please, please get a rulebook :) Not only will it answer your questions but it'll come in handy when you need to look up the exact wording for difficult situations.

If you can't (or won't) fork out, try and find someone who will loan you theirs long enough for you to get a solid grounding of the rules :)

Cheers,

enyoss

TheWarSmith
27-10-2006, 19:29
you can get the 7th edition rulebook VERY cheap online.

woytek
27-10-2006, 21:43
you can get the 7th edition rulebook VERY cheap online.

ehh where? It's 50 :((

TheWarSmith
28-10-2006, 04:54
look for the battle for skull pass mini rulebook.

Griefbringer
28-10-2006, 08:38
I think he is referring to people who buy multiple boxed sets of the BfSP set for the models and sell out the spare books. Another way to go would be to buy the boxed set and sell the models away.

Also, the prices for the 6th edition rulebooks went down a lot with the release of 7th edition.

intellectawe
28-10-2006, 15:41
Sorry dude, I cant believe people actually answered your questions as they are straight form the rule book. Lucky you.

Bortus
28-10-2006, 16:20
Ok the mini book will run you about $10 u.s dollars on ebay and I have seen the 6th edition going for the same price. It's a lot cheaper now because of the release of 7th edition book.

TheWarSmith
29-10-2006, 06:54
I'll sell ya my 6th ed full rulebook for simple postage(if you're in the US)

mark.
29-10-2006, 15:35
haha

I have just downloaded it so Ill look up further questions in that book,
anyway thanks for answering .

Festus
29-10-2006, 16:33
I have just downloaded it so Ill look up further questions in that book...:rolleyes:

Why does the word *leech* flash trough my brain, leaving a general bad taste :(

Festus