PDA

View Full Version : 2 O & G questions

Grudgebringer88
29-10-2006, 00:44
1. When a unit in engaged in combat against a squig herd, and the front rank of the herd consists entirely of squigs, do attacking models use the squig's WS, T and then the O&G player removes squigs as casualties?

-I had this situation come up today where my opponent insisted on removing goblin herders instead of squigs because of the "back rank" removal rule.

2. On subsequent movement of fanatics, what happens when the fanatic rolls a "hit" on the scatter die?

-I always thought you use the arrow marker shown on the target symbol but my opponent insisted he could choose the direction. He had no rule in his book to back up this assertion, so I disallowed him doing this. He said he saw the rule in a recent White Dwarf, which to me is of dubious accuracy on playing by the rules.

Chicago Slim
29-10-2006, 01:29
2. On subsequent movement of fanatics, what happens when the fanatic rolls a "hit" on the scatter die?

-I always thought you use the arrow marker shown on the target symbol but my opponent insisted he could choose the direction. He had no rule in his book to back up this assertion, so I disallowed him doing this. He said he saw the rule in a recent White Dwarf, which to me is of dubious accuracy on playing by the rules.

A frequent tournament rule, which I like a lot and use as our house rule: If your opponent cannot cite the rule, and produce a copy of it for you to read for yourself, then he can't use it. If it's in a recent White Dwarf, then he can bring that White Dwarf with him to games.

Shorthand: "Bring your own rulebook." The one and only time I've waived this rule (in a local independent tourney, and because the guy was whining about it) I got rather screwed by my opponent's misremembering the rules he was bringing.

Gorbad Ironclaw
29-10-2006, 04:49
Ther rule was indeed in the WD Battle report. However, it's not in the army book, so it's a(nother) case of the battel reports being wrong.

Don't trust battle reports when it comes to rules, it's all to easy to get things wrong while playing, and the WD ones sometimes use rules that doesn't end up making it in to the finished version.

To answer your question. If you are attacking squigs, you remove squigs. Same goes for units such as Beastherds. You remove the type of model you are attacking.

For the fanatic, I do think you use the small arrow.

T10
29-10-2006, 09:19
As far as I can tell, Gorbad got two out of two correct and will be joining us in the next round, just after these important messages from our sponsors.

-T10

Grudgebringer88
29-10-2006, 12:09
Thank you for your prompt responses.

Tutore
29-10-2006, 12:30
Obviously, squigs are removed. Any other assumption is absurd.