PDA

View Full Version : First Warhammer List- 500pts

Arcane_Blade
29-10-2006, 11:02
Well, I've never played Warhammer before, and I've decided to give it a go. I decided I'd start with 500pts of Beasts Of Chaos, simply because I like the race, and it'd be easier to learn from that level. This list isn't meant to be seriously competitive, just one that'll work, and that I can learn with.

Wargor 68pts
Great Weapon
Heavy Armour

10 Bestigors 138pts
Musician
Gouge Horn
(Accompany Wargor)

10 Gors and 15 Ungors 170pts
Foe Render
Musician
Shields for Ungors
Hand Weapons and shields for Gors

Tuskgor Chariot 85pts

6 Warhounds 36pts

The Bestigor unit and Wargor will hold the centre, engaging the toughest and largest unit/s. The Chariot and Beast unit will stay at the sides of them, blocking any attempts at flanking. They will be able to flank the unit engaged with the Bestigors. The Warhounds will stay at the far side, taking out enemy heroes, warmachines, and blocking any marching moves. I don't know the rules very much at all, but that's basically what I think will work. Opinions?

Shaitan
30-10-2006, 09:08
It looks like a nice varied list. I think it is important that you try different units in your first games of Warhammer, so you get an idea about wich units you like to play with.

In general, Bestigors aren't considered a good investment. They cost a bit too much for what they give in return. I have used them once however, and they did a great job for me.

I think your Ungors are better of without the shields. They won't save that much on a 6+ and when you come across S4 shooting, they don't even have a save. I prefer to equip my Gors with extra hand weapons, but hand weapon and shield (5+ save) is also a good setup.

Don't expect to much of your Warhounds. They are nice to act as bait units or for march blocking. But hunting War Machines or Characters is not something they are good at. For that role you could include Furies (flying unit from the Hordes of Chaos army book) or if you want to stick to the Beast theme, you could use Centigors. They are able to deliver a bigger punch then the Warhounds.

Morthoron
02-11-2006, 10:11
It looks like you've got the basics, but you've got the numbers a little wrong. Basically, I would recommend you lower the size of the Beast Herd (at this size you can get away with anything from 15-20 I would say) then enlarge your Bestigor. You want a total of at least 15 with the Wargor so I would recommend trying to find the points for 14 - you might need to cut the Warhounds down to 5 to help get there.

Hope this helps,

Morthoron

Grimor Da Warchife
03-11-2006, 08:12
have you traied the list all ready how did it work