PDA

View Full Version : Chaos with two BSBs?

NakedFisherman
29-10-2006, 22:12
Is it possible to have two BSBs in a Chaos army? The entry states something along the lines of 'One Aspiring Champion may be a Battle Standard Bearer...' and in Beasts of Chaos it states 'One Wargor may be a Battle Standard Bearer...'

The only limitation in the rules is that they state 'Armies may include a special standard bearer...'

Ganymede
29-10-2006, 22:23
No you can't. This was settled in a not so recent Q&A.

Atrahasis
29-10-2006, 22:42
No you can't. This was settled in a not so recent Q&A.

Care to produce it so those of us who are new to the game in 7th can read it? ;)

T10
29-10-2006, 22:52
It is generally accepted that you can only have a single Battle Standard Bearer in the army. There is nothing in the rules to suggest that you may have have more than one, nor does any army lists allow you this.

Multiple BSB's are, however, not explicitly disallowed. The example you (NakedFisherman) have pointed out does have the appearance of a loop-hole.

We are all duly impressed. Again.

-T10

Azazel
29-10-2006, 23:15
Armies may include a special standard bearer carring either the General's personal banner of the battle standard of the army itself.

Seems crystal clear to me.

Ganymede
29-10-2006, 23:22
Haha yeah... the beast banner bearer can hold the general's personal banner, and the aspiring champion banner bearer can carry the battle standard of the army itself.

gortexgunnerson
30-10-2006, 19:39
Its a bit like the ultimate unit challenge, when people came up with a lamhien vampire army using 3 swain BsB to give you the powerhouse of a a unit that is virtually indestructalbe!

Luckily I think this tactic is limited by the poor selection of standards availble to Choas armies IMO. Now do it wil Dwarfs and you'd be laughing

Azazel
31-10-2006, 00:36
Haha yeah... the beast banner bearer can hold the general's personal banner, and the aspiring champion banner bearer can carry the battle standard of the army itself.

The words 'a' and 'either' in that quote.

kaldour
31-10-2006, 01:01
I think it's pretty clear that there can be only one battle standard bearer.

Ganymede
31-10-2006, 14:58
The words 'a' and 'either' in that quote.

T'was a joke, my friend.