PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy 10 (spoilers)

Some guy (UK)
02-07-2005, 10:59
Hey guys, anyone here played fianl fantasy 10? I finished it last year, and i am currently in chapter 5 in final fantasy 10-2.
I loved final fantasy 10, it had some great characters (Auron being my favourite), and in my opinion an amazing storyline, with graphics to match. Plus the bonus of the main characters (and others) finally speaking!!!

It had a few things that were anoying, (like having to fight seymor so many times!!!) but the whole an amazing game. The ending really touched me, and i thought it was a good ending, especially the way tidus runs of the air-ship :) , not one of those cheesy perfect endings, where everything is right.
i also like 10-2 , though it is no where near as good as 10. The thing that ruins it is the 'girly' touches, and the fact that there aren't enough new areas to explore. But, i'm a big fan of the 'Ative time battle' combat system, as it makes some excellent battles, and speeds the game up. Also the combos are great along with the dresspear grids, giving much flexibliity to the characters.

I also own ff8, but i stopped playing it some years ago. i enjoyed that also. I got near to the end of disc 2. So what did you think of ff10 and ff10-2? And what other ff games have you played??

c ya,
Some Guy (UK)

Yin - Yang
02-07-2005, 11:13
WEll, FFX was the first FF game I played, and I did enjoy it. Auron was my favourite character as well. I haven't played FFX - 2. I do own 7,8 and 9 as well. In my opinion, 7 has to be the best. By far. I'm playing through it again right now.

Tom - Heretic
02-07-2005, 11:33
I played seven first, then X - IX - VIII and finally X2. Be advised,there are one or two little cutscenes in x2 that are difficult to trigger and you've no way of getting them if youdon't read an faq :(.

And seymour was ace! I loved the voice acting.
*manic* " By all means! Try!"

Jaq Draco
02-07-2005, 12:29
Yes Seymour was quite well done

but Auron had his moments too

Tidus did seem a little anakin-esque in his whinning here and there

Larithen
02-07-2005, 13:20
I played 4,5,7,8,9,10 and 10-2 and completed all of them except for 4 and 5, in my opinion 10-2 combat system was awesome but the storyline sucked and they got the hgraphics and lip-synching better aswell, but 8 has to have the best storyline, and the funniest ending! 4 has the best ability system, it's similar to 11's where you have jobs that you have to train, 5 was rubbish but 7 was definitely best overall!

Asher
02-07-2005, 23:35
Played all available FF-Games (that is 1 -10 except 3). I didn't enjoy the tenth installement that much. It was not challenging (except the über-monsters in the european version) and neither the pretty linear story nor the characters really did it for me. The only deacent thing imho was the twist of Tidus/Sanarkand real existence.
As already said FF 7 is really a great title, I however enjoyed Final Fantasy 6 most. The characters were truly great, as well as the possibilites and sideplots and the world in general.
Not being a real part of the series, FF Tactics (PSone) is also worth a try. It is viewed as rather callenging (it really is, I seldomly hit the reset bottun so often) but still very enjoyable and something of a change.

Chuffy
02-07-2005, 23:43
Final Fantasy 6 and 7 are truely epic games, games that stand in your mind and others for years to come. Utterly brilliant.

Then you had 8.

That was dissapointing.

Then you had 9. Which was actually pretty fun and it was nice to see FF return to it's fantasy roots.

Then....then you had 10. Nice graphics and not much else. Too linear, horrible voice acting (FF doesn't need voices you ********!), mediocre combat system, poor story, annoying characters (Tidus gives me 'teh rage'). The only thing that was good were the graphics as mentioned and the levelling up system which was a bit different.

And then of course you had X-2....

And I have no idea what the hell they were thinking when they thought of that game.

Some guy (UK)
03-07-2005, 10:50
Do you really think that the characters dont need voices??? I think it makes the game so much more complete. And so what if the voices weren't in sinc. i think the time did a great job, as the animations had to fit english, japanese, and any other languages it was made into. Games are moving on, and if it means the death of grey, speeech boxes then so be it!!! ;) :D

But, i cant critizise your opinion, and i that is what you think then so be it.

Anyway, what does everyone think of final fantasy 12?? I cant remember the details of the plot that well, but oh well, i guess i'll will end up buying it.

Cya, Some Guy (UK)

Jaq Draco
03-07-2005, 13:53
ff3(ff6) man that one started it all for me

still i alwways try my hardest to make sure i have shadow in the WOR