PDA

View Full Version : 2500 pt Wood Elf Army

GoWoodys
30-10-2006, 17:13
Its 10 pts over but I can take sumthin out if friends complain. Mainly for fighting dwarfs and chaos....I do need suggestions however b/c Im barely able to beat the dwarfs and I can come close to beating chaos.

LORD
Spellweaver ~ lvl 4, Calaingors Stave, Stone of Crystal Mere, Moonstone of Hidden Ways = 340

HEROES
Noble ~ Waywatcher Kindred, Hail of Doom Arrows = 140 (unit of waywatchers)

Noble ~ Battle Standard Bearer, Warbanner = 115 (unit of eternal guard)

CORE
5 x Glade Riders ~ Horsemaster = 129

5 x Glade Riders ~ Horsemaster = 129

15 x Eternal Guard ~ Musician, Standard Bearer, Guardian = 210

15 x Dryads = 180

10 x Dryads = 120

SPECIAL
10 x Wardancer ~ Musician, Bladesinger = 201

3 x Warhawk Riders = 120

5 x Tree Kin = 325

RARE
9 x Waywatchers = 216

Treeman = 285

Von Wibble
30-10-2006, 17:52
You have wasted items on your spellweaver. They shouldn't be in a situation that requires a ward save so lose the stone. They shouldn't be with a useful combat unit so lose the moonstone. Bearing in mind dwarfs aren't magic heavy I would spare points on magic and have a branchwraith with cluster and a spellsinger with dispel scroll instead of the spellweaver. Sufficient defence against a non tzeentch chaos army, plus maybe the odd tree singing against dwarfs.

Against Dwarfs that eternal guard unit is asking to be wiped out by shooting. I only rarely use eternal guard - I would lose the unit.

Waywatcher unit- it is tricky to scout 9 models and it makes the unit an expensive target. Drop to 5 models. Waywatcher kindred is imo a waste of points. Killing shot can't combine with magic bows/ arrows (imo thats a bad oversight by the authors). Make him a wardancer instead, and give HIM the moonstone (or blades of loec). If warmachine killing is in your mind then the dwarfs have plenty of cheap counters such as rune of immolation and entrenchments.

5 Treekin - inflexible. Take 2 units of 3 instead.

Glade guard are a good unit as their shooting can thin dwarf ranks and chaos alike. I always take 2 units of 10 no matter who I face.

I agree with including glade riders and warhawk riders - they can hunt warmachines and chaos support units.

Change the army standard to a vanilla noble with HODA, and gw. Alter kindred optional. And don't let him get shot!

Any spare points should go on Dryads. You have 25 in the army - thats 2 units of 8 and 1 of 9. Add to these with whatever is left.

These changes would give you 1 more character, and 3 more units, at the cost of an unwieldy unit of treekin and a vulnerable unit of eternal guard. The army has flexibility and should focus on picking its fights. Patience is the key to beating most foes with WE (DW in particular). But the army is not without punch - 2 units of treekin and a treeman, plus wardancers and the alter noble provide that.

GoWoodys
30-10-2006, 18:07
thanx 4 the advice...The eternal guard were in there for battling his units of 20 warriors and such. Its the only thing that gave me ranks and the bsb gave me combat resolve...although his toughness is high and so is his leadership. Ill try it ur way 2day and see if I get a change....Question though: Is there nething at all I can do against that darn anvil? He has that rune on it that lets him roll a 3+ and if he misses it he gets to roll a 3+ again. D3 units, 2D6 St.4 hits wipes me out and he doesnt need line of site or nething...he even drops it on units in the woods...is this even legal???

HolySanguinius
30-10-2006, 21:55
thanx 4 the advice...The eternal guard were in there for battling his units of 20 warriors and such. Its the only thing that gave me ranks and the bsb gave me combat resolve...although his toughness is high and so is his leadership. Ill try it ur way 2day and see if I get a change....Question though: Is there nething at all I can do against that darn anvil? He has that rune on it that lets him roll a 3+ and if he misses it he gets to roll a 3+ again. D3 units, 2D6 St.4 hits wipes me out and he doesnt need line of site or nething...he even drops it on units in the woods...is this even legal???

Yes, thats a special character, woth around 550 pts, so attack it with hawks or glade riders and you should be fine. This guy is pretty useless in combat, having only 3 attacks, +2 for anvil guard, either that or killing blow shooting, although he has a ward save. DO NOT send a hero against him. He has a rune which breaks magical armour. All you have to do is tie him up with a unit of glade riders and thats 500 pts gone for most of the game.

GoWoodys
31-10-2006, 18:04
thanx 4 the advice...we dont play victory points, total aniliation and i came within inches of beating him....I actually woulda won if it wasnt for the worst dice rolls ever! Im keeping that army list for dwarfs, now ill try my luck with chaos.....I hate war machines

popisdead
14-11-2006, 20:20
10 pts over = drop something that is 12 pts. And I would smack you up for it :P Seriously don't pull that crap.

For fighting Dwarfs and chaos out number him, and out shoot him (easy on the latter).

Drop all that equipment on yoru lvl 4 and take a dispell scroll and Wand of Wych Elm.

The Waywatcher kindred sucks.

Dont' put your noble int he EG, have him behind. Take the noble w/ the amber pendant and a great weapon for the unit instead.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH drop the unit champ from your glade rider units and take musicians.

Ok seriously, taking 15 dryads is not smart to begin with but you can't drop ONE and make your list legal?

Take dryads in units of 8 only.

Drop 2 Wardancers (8 is enough).

Drop at least one treekin, 5 is a waste, 4 is pretty heavy as it means the unit is 250 pts.

Only take 6 waywatchers.
The rest looks ok.